2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
sgth0mas
sgth0mas

Re: 2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

Youre the one who needs to research...its right out in the open if youre not openly biased. I like RIC way more than kyvat but im not going to ignore facts to make him seem better...

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119627

Emmcee

sgth0mas wrote:Youre the one who needs to research...its right out in the open if youre not openly biased. I like RIC way more than kyvat but im not going to ignore facts to make him seem better...

http://m.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/119627

Can't have been that damaged if he lapped faster than Verstappen and both force indias who had incredible drive out of corners and carried pretty good straight line speed. It doesn't matter what he said, the fact is the lap times prooves his car wasnt as bad as he made out.
Real eyes realise real lies - Tupac Shakur.

Hail22

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Vasconia

djos wrote:
Vasconia wrote:
djos wrote:
And let's not forget that Ricciardo started from 18th one place behind Kyvat and raced his way into the points. Kyvat was nowhere.
Kvyat had to change its front-wing in the first laps and he also had some damages which couldnt be repaired. All the race was compromised after that because the car was difficult to handle.
Perhaps he should have done a better job of staying out of trouble then?
Was the incident his fault?

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

It's not as though Kvyat had to take a pitstop that made him suffer - he served it behind the safety car so it was minimal time lost.

Godius

From what I have heard from Horner's post-race interview was that Kvyat had floor damage as well.

djos

2015 Austrian Grand Prix - 19-21 June

Godius wrote:From what I have heard from Horner's post-race interview was that Kvyat had floor damage as well.
As already pointed out by others, his lap times were still respectable after his front wing was replaced.
"In downforce we trust"

Emmcee

djos wrote:
Godius wrote:From what I have heard from Horner's post-race interview was that Kvyat had floor damage as well.
As already pointed out by others, his lap times were still respectable after his front wing was replaced.

Exactly, the damage wasnt as bad as he made out and like mentioned above, the wing replacement was done under the safety car.

evered7
evered7

Emmcee wrote:
djos wrote:

Exactly, the damage wasnt as bad as he made out and like mentioned above, the wing replacement was done under the safety car.
If he was able to lap 'respectable' lap times even after damages to his car, doesn't it denote that he could have gone faster without all that issue? Considering that he qualified ahead of Ricciardo, that seems a safe assumption.

djos

evered7 wrote:
If he was able to lap 'respectable' lap times even after damages to his car, doesn't it denote that he could have gone faster without all that issue? Considering that he qualified ahead of Ricciardo, that seems a safe assumption.
Ricciardo was running a different setup than Kyvat, he opted to compromise lap time to gain straight line speed for overtaking. Kyvat ran a "normal" setup.
"In downforce we trust"

Emmcee

Most likely yes, but being ahead of both force indias and Verstappen in fastest lap times, hints to me that the damage had minimal effect if any at all, guess we will never know.

Emmcee

djos wrote:
evered7 wrote:
Ricciardo was running a different setup than Kyvat, he opted to compromise lap time to gain straight line speed for overtaking. Kyvat ran a "normal" setup.

Exactly, which IMO allowed him to actually have a chance passing the sauber of Nasr otherwise that point was out of reach. Still, what a difference a new set of tyres and depleting fuel load makes, no way he would be able to match the speed of the sauber if it was at the beginning of the race.

ChrisF1
ChrisF1

I'm just thinking back to Vettel's damaged Red Bull in the 2012 Brazilian GP...

evered7
evered7

djos wrote:
evered7 wrote:
Kvyat had the better speed at speed trap in qualifying and they matched speeds at S1, Ricciardo up by 2 in S2 and Kvyat up by 1.3 in S3 in qualifying. Hence I really don't see a massive change between the way Kvyat and Ricciardo approached their races with regards to setup.

Also Kvyat had to run the old SS while Ricciardo did his last stint on the new ones (at least according to the McLaren site, [wonderful piece of website, God bless his soul]).

In any case, Kvyat seems to have gotten a hold over this year's RB. Will be interesting to see how the next few races happen.

Ricciardo also had the 'chassis change' done to clear off any issues with the car. So its a straight fight in the coming rounds I say.

Vasconia

ChrisF1 wrote:It's not as though Kvyat had to take a pitstop that made him suffer - he served it behind the safety car so it was minimal time lost.
Yes, because rejoin the race in the back with one of the weakest engines in a track with long straights is not problematic at all. :roll:

To make "respectable" laptimes with a damaged floor could mean that without it he could have made better laptimes. Plus all your strategy is affected by an early pit-entry.