2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
iotar__

Re: 2015 Japanese Grand Prix - Suzuka

Diesel wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: If every driver would do what Hamilton, then we´d have never seen the most exciting battles in F1, once any car is parallel, he just need to go to the external kerb as if no car was there. Push him out of track or crash, end of the battle.
Perhaps you should petition the stewards to penalise Hamilton retrospectively?
Perhaps anyone who complains about "driving standards" or fair referring in F1 (mostly from Mercedes) should remember this move? Instead of bringing examples from other races to deflect that are not comparable I suggest watching Bottas' onboard - Rosberg is not running out of track, he takes one line from the beginning, it's not some late attempt when one driver cannot make a move without a gift from the other (Alonso - Magnussen '14), they are side by side from the beginning in a sequence of corners, it's Hamilton that is turning into him and results is either off track escape or a collision. Worse than Spa '14.

http://en.f1i.com/news/27310-no-tv-blac ... stone.html B.E.:
"We talked about TV coverage a few weeks ago and came to the conclusion that midfield runners should be shown more often," Ecclestone told Germany's Die Welt.

"Focusing exclusively on the leading cars is boring, but we're also doing it to help support the midfield teams. And both Toto and Niki know these considerations and understand them. There was no manipulation."

See no conspiracy, Mercedes people are just embracing tin foil conspiracy theories like those about Singapore or their driver management, not nice for highly paid corporate professionals in multi billion business.

mrluke
mrluke

Andres125sx wrote: False, rulebook specifies if a significant part of the car is parallel, some space must be left, exactly what Hamilton didn´t do.

If every driver would do what Hamilton, then we´d have never seen the most exciting battles in F1, once any car is parallel, he just need to go to the external kerb as if no car was there. Push him out of track or crash, end of the battle.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/ ... -for-clash
Nico Rosberg and Toto Wolff both pointed the finger of blame at Daniel Ricciardo after the Red Bull driver collided with Rosberg's Mercedes in the closing stages of the Hungarian GP.

As the pair scrapped over second place, Ricciardo attempted to out-brake and go around the outside of the Mercedes driver at Turn One. As Rosberg understeered towards the exit kerb, his left rear tyre tagged the front of the Red Bull's front wing, puncturing his tyre and forcing him to limp back to the pits.

"I assumed that it was my corner as I took the ideal line and he went straight on because he braked too late. But he still had his front wing there and didn't back out of it. But the FIA decided not to take any action so I guess no-one was at fault then." -Rosberg

Rosberg's view was echoed by team boss Wolff, who couldn't fathom why the Red Bull driver hadn’t been penalised.

"Ricciardo's incident with Nico was questionable to me," he said.
There you go, Rosberg moved across into a driver who was going round the outside of him on corner exit and then blamed the person he crashed into.

You now have it straight from the horses mouth, what more can you possibly require??

CBeck113
CBeck113

iotar__ wrote:
Diesel wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: If every driver would do what Hamilton, then we´d have never seen the most exciting battles in F1, once any car is parallel, he just need to go to the external kerb as if no car was there. Push him out of track or crash, end of the battle.
Perhaps anyone who complains about "driving standards" or fair referring in F1 (mostly from Mercedes) should remember this move? Instead of bringing examples from other races to deflect that are not comparable I suggest watching Bottas' onboard - Rosberg is not running out of track, he takes one line from the beginning, it's not some late attempt when one driver cannot make a move without a gift from the other (Alonso - Magnussen '14), they are side by side from the beginning in a sequence of corners, it's Hamilton that is turning into him and results is either off track escape or a collision. Worse than Spa '14.

"We talked about TV coverage a few weeks ago and came to the conclusion that midfield runners should be shown more often," Ecclestone told Germany's Die Welt.

"Focusing exclusively on the leading cars is boring, but we're also doing it to help support the midfield teams. And both Toto and Niki know these considerations and understand them. There was no manipulation."

See no conspiracy, Mercedes people are just embracing tin foil conspiracy theories like those about Singapore or their driver management, not nice for highly paid corporate professionals in multi billion business.
You believe something Bernie said? #-o
“Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony!” Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Andres125sx

mrluke wrote:
Andres125sx wrote: False, rulebook specifies if a significant part of the car is parallel, some space must be left, exactly what Hamilton didn´t do.

If every driver would do what Hamilton, then we´d have never seen the most exciting battles in F1, once any car is parallel, he just need to go to the external kerb as if no car was there. Push him out of track or crash, end of the battle.
http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12472/ ... -for-clash
Nico Rosberg and Toto Wolff both pointed the finger of blame at Daniel Ricciardo after the Red Bull driver collided with Rosberg's Mercedes in the closing stages of the Hungarian GP.

As the pair scrapped over second place, Ricciardo attempted to out-brake and go around the outside of the Mercedes driver at Turn One. As Rosberg understeered towards the exit kerb, his left rear tyre tagged the front of the Red Bull's front wing, puncturing his tyre and forcing him to limp back to the pits.

"I assumed that it was my corner as I took the ideal line and he went straight on because he braked too late. But he still had his front wing there and didn't back out of it. But the FIA decided not to take any action so I guess no-one was at fault then." -Rosberg

Rosberg's view was echoed by team boss Wolff, who couldn't fathom why the Red Bull driver hadn’t been penalised.

"Ricciardo's incident with Nico was questionable to me," he said.
There you go, Rosberg moved across into a driver who was going round the outside of him on corner exit and then blamed the person he crashed into.

You now have it straight from the horses mouth, what more can you possibly require??
Are you really comparing both incidents? :wtf:

There are no equal incidents, comparing is always biased, but these two are so different, one with both cars parallel while the other was a contact front wing- rear tyre, that I´m shocked you´re trying to compare both

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:False, rulebook specifies if a significant part of the car is parallel, some space must be left, exactly what Hamilton didn´t do.
Do we really have to go through this again?
Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full
width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting
to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track
without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is
alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.
Hamilton did comply with the above. Just like Rosberg did in Canada 2014.
I don´t understand how people who watch F1 still don´t understand how overtakes work in Formula 1.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

Jordan44

iotar__ wrote:
Diesel wrote:

There's showing the midfield more often and then there's cutting Merc's airtime by a whole 20 minutes.

Suzuka 6 min
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min

dans79

[quote="J0rd4n"
Suzuka 6 min
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min[/quote]

it just shows you how sick society really is these days. When a successful individual does well, no one takes notice, but when they fail the mob can't get enough. The same thing can be said about drama.
197 104 103 7

Andres125sx

SectorOne wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:False, rulebook specifies if a significant part of the car is parallel, some space must be left, exactly what Hamilton didn´t do.
Do we really have to go through this again?
Any driver defending his position on a straight, and before any braking area, may use the full
width of the track during his first move, provided no significant portion of the car attempting
to pass is alongside his. Whilst defending in this way the driver may not leave the track
without justifiable reason.
For the avoidance of doubt, if any part of the front wing of the car attempting to pass is
alongside the rear wheel of the car in front this will be deemed to be a ‘significant portion’.
Hamilton did comply with the above. Just like Rosberg did in Canada 2014.
I don´t understand how people who watch F1 still don´t understand how overtakes work in Formula 1.
So pushing a car out of track is ok?

That rule explains limits on a straight, but it doesnt mean on a corner drivers can push anyone parallel to him out of track

pimpwerx
pimpwerx

The stewards didn't see anything to even investigate, much less penalize. This has blown by petty and is solidly in sad territory. PEACE.

sgth0mas
sgth0mas

dans79 wrote:
J0rd4n wrote: Suzuka 6 min
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min
it just shows you how sick society really is these days. When a successful individual does well, no one takes notice, but when they fail the mob can't get enough. The same thing can be said about drama.
No it shows how boring it is to watch 1 guy lap all by himself while managing the tires and gap.

F1 has viewership problems, and they wont resolve them by showing the absolute most boring aspect of a race. People want to see overtaking, close racing and cara within 2s of each other.
Last edited by sgth0mas on 30 Sep 2015, 06:04, edited 1 time in total.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

dans79 wrote:
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min
I remember the days when race coverage was Michael in the Ferrari for lap after lap. My it was boring. So very, very dull. I'm glad Hamilton is doing well again this season but the stuff in the mid field is much more fun to watch.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

pimpwerx wrote:The stewards didn't see anything to even investigate, much less penalize. This has blown by petty and is solidly in sad territory. PEACE.
Perhaps more importantly, Rosberg didn't seem too bothered either. His comment after the race was basically "I haven't seen the TV coverage but it was all OK on track". If he'd felt hard done by, he'd have been shouting from the rooftops about it.

Seems that the not-fanboy element need something to moan about when Hamilton pulls off yet another move... :roll:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

SectorOne

Andres125sx wrote:So pushing a car out of track is ok?
Doesn´t X amount of years watching Formula 1 already answer that for you?
You think this is a new phenomenon in formula 1?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

dans79

Just_a_fan wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min
I remember the days when race coverage was Michael in the Ferrari for lap after lap. My it was boring. So very, very dull. I'm glad Hamilton is doing well again this season but the stuff in the mid field is much more fun to watch.
I wasn't suggesting we see that, however we should have seen/heard something about this.
https://vid.me/rIAF/2015-japan-post-rac ... ays-he-was
197 104 103 7

WaikeCU

Just_a_fan wrote:
dans79 wrote:
Singapore 10 min
Monza 30 min
Spa 26 min
Budapest 45 min
Especially when we have young Max Verstappen in midfield and of course Pastor Maldonado! :D