2016 Bahrain Grand Prix - Bahrain, April 01-03

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dans79

Re: 2016 Bahrain Grand Prix - Bahrain, April 01-03

Chene_Mostert wrote: Why don't they fix it?
Perhaps is not fixable, or perhaps fixing it might compromise some other area of the car.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10
giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
Chene_Mostert wrote: Why don't they fix it?
Perhaps is not fixable, or perhaps fixing it might compromise some other area of the car.
it was only one race.. no need for an explanation or excuse, for all we know its just an anomaly and Mercedes will be back to leading from start to finish and winning by half a minute again. 8)
edit: looks like they think it is fixable:
The German team has some question marks , one of them concerning the departure of the two W07 Hybrids, where the new electronics in 2016 did not work properly. This is why the engineers at Mercedes ran for cover immediately, and will bring in Bahrain an update of the software that manages the departures . The "old" version was found to be too sensitive"

dans79

giantfan10 wrote: edit: looks like they think it is fixable:
The German team has some question marks , one of them concerning the departure of the two W07 Hybrids, where the new electronics in 2016 did not work properly. This is why the engineers at Mercedes ran for cover immediately, and will bring in Bahrain an update of the software that manages the departures . The "old" version was found to be too sensitive"
I don't buy that its just a W07 problem, they had the same problem last year. At Silverstone they got jumped by Williams, at Hungary Ferrari got them, and I'm blanking on another race where they also got bad starts.
197 104 103 7

giantfan10
giantfan10

dans79 wrote:
giantfan10 wrote: edit: looks like they think it is fixable:
I don't buy that its just a W07 problem, they had the same problem last year. At Silverstone they got jumped by Williams, at Hungary Ferrari got them, and I'm blanking on another race where they also got bad starts.
that was from F1analisitecnica who said thats the rumors they are hearing so i have no idea if its true or not.
you are correct it was common knowledge that the Mercedes duo could be jumped at the start but it didnt always happen that way ..... Vettel had several good runs in quite a few races that amounted to nothing so who knows.

PlatinumZealot

Race should be over once mercedes slips on those meedz.
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Thunder

turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Juzh

They should just have them play on a pc or console. Much safer that way. Idiotic fia.

namao
namao

Too many accidents and medical problems for ALO since he joined McLaren Honda. I've never seen ALO in so many crashes in such a short period of time. I dunno but, I'm not seeing him driving in F1 beyond 2017.

Sad.

RZS10

I would understand if he had a concussion, but that's just some worthless blabla ... is that even medical lingo? I can't make any sense of it.
Last edited by RZS10 on 31 Mar 2016, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

FW17

Are so many ct scans in such a short period ok? 3 a month?

RZS10

Certainly not healthy. (Although they are not full body scans, i presume)

edit: he has a fractured rib and a pneumothroax ... so yeah ... it's probably a good decision afterall

PlatinumZealot

Mclaren will be the end of Alonso's career and not in the way we think!
πŸ–οΈβœŒοΈβ˜οΈπŸ‘€πŸ‘ŒβœοΈπŸŽπŸ†πŸ™

Vasconia

SiLo wrote:I'm not sure if it was a clutch thing. But I did read reports from Horner that said he thinks that Ferrari have some kind of trick to getting great starts and that if they have the second row tied up, they won't really need to make second runs to get pole as they can nick it at the start, just like the Renaults used to.
I can believe this, as you have said it happened with Renault between 2003 and 2006. Vettel should need only to be third and he could find a better set-up for the car, if this is true, of course...

iotar__

PlatinumZealot wrote:Race should be over once mercedes slips on those meedz.
They won't use mediums and neither will Ferrari. OK I'm not sure about that :-)
Edit: I forgot they made tyre decisions long time ago #-o so there's no tyre testing and not much of tactics involved.

Hmm, so if they use mediums it's two stops SS - S - M with mediums lasting forever and earlier stop assuming Ferrari is behind and undercuts Merc with SS - S- S? Or Merc on the same strategy but with untested mediums?
Last edited by iotar__ on 31 Mar 2016, 21:00, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisDanger
ChrisDanger

FIA via Matteo Bonciani wrote:Two sets of chest CT scans were compared and it was decided that there was insufficient resolution of the signs to allow him to compete on safety grounds.
What does it mean that there was "insufficient resolution of the signs"? It seems very vague, but that they can't see clearly enough, not necessarily that he's unfit to race. Surely there's a higher resolution scan they can do. What would they be looking for anyway, in his chest of all places?