2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Re: 2017 Azerbaijan Grand Prix - Hamilton vs Vettel incident

Gothrek wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 11:14
Restomaniac wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 11:01
It's only those who are either so blinded by hatred towards Hamilton or blind loyalty towards Vettel/Ferrari who can't see those same facts smacking them in the face.
Good that you are getting it. Do you understand that you are one of them?
I see you just happened to have missed my first line. I wonder why.

A classic case of using a deliberate misquote to try and make a point that isn't there. Truly pathetic.

Andres125sx

Gothrek wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 11:13
Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 11:04
Gothrek wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 10:06
Hamilton did slow down a lot. That is a fact, 50kph is extremely slow for an F1 car.
Only in your mind, as telemetry did prove he kept almost constant speed througout the corner :roll:

50kmh is perfectly normal for a slow corner behind the SC

Gothrek wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 10:06
He also did it on a place, where you would normally accelerate. (also a fact).

Again, only in your mind. No one single F1 driver will accelerate at last slow corner before the straight, once the SC has switch off lights. They all, without exception, would slow down to build a gap with the SC so once he hit the throttle he can keep race pace until the finish line without overtaking the SC before the SC line.

That´s standard procedure at any category with SC :roll:
Can you please show the telemetry? Because FIA only stated that he did not brake.
Gothrek wrote:
Looking at the onboard you clearly see him slow down to almost a standstill.

I clearly see him NOT slowing down to almost a standstill...

Gothrek wrote:
Again, it is a place where people accelerate. It is out of a corner...
You can keep ignoring they were under SC with lights off if you want, but that will never change the facts :roll:

Gothrek
Gothrek

Andres125sx wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 11:27

You can keep ignoring they were under SC with lights off if you want, but that will never change the facts :roll:
You do see the arrow with deceleration right? Him slowing down to 50kph. 50kph is almost a standstill for an F1 car.

Ok, apparently I am not making myself clear, it is a spot where you would normally accelerate out of in normal conditions (not SC). I fully understand they were under the SC at that moment. But still it is a place where normally acceleration is expected. That Vettel should follow the pace of Hamilton under SC, I don't argue. I am arguing that it is not intuitive to not accelerate there.

Jester Maroc
Jester Maroc

Gothrek wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 11:38
Andres125sx wrote:

You do see the arrow with deceleration right? Him slowing down to 50kph. 50kph is almost a standstill for an F1 car.

Ok, apparently I am not making myself clear, it is a spot where you would normally accelerate out of in normal conditions (not SC). I fully understand they were under the SC at that moment. But still it is a place where normally acceleration is expected. That Vettel should follow the pace of Hamilton under SC, I don't argue. I am arguing that it is not intuitive to not accelerate there.
If Lewis did not slow down he would have been penalized. If he had accelerated out of T16 behind the SC he would have been stupid. He was bunching up the field and trying to build a gap behind the slow SC in order to control the race pace as was his responsibility.

Vettel was responsible to maintain a gap behind Lewis, Vettel was the one who made a mistake (I mean mistakes).
Man's mind, once stretched by a new idea, never regains its original dimensions. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

GPR-A duplicate2

Gothrek wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

By your logic, even Ocon should have accelerated and crashed behind Vettel! Correct? Guess what, may be the kid used his brain.
Gothrek wrote:
Ok, apparently I am not making myself clear
I am sure you are not clear with yourself. What else would explain your thought process even after seeing the telemetry you are vowing up your own arguments.
Last edited by GPR-A duplicate2 on 04 Jul 2017, 12:28, edited 1 time in total.

santos
santos

GPR-A wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 12:23
Gothrek wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

By your logic, even Ocon should have accelerated and crashed behind Vettel! Correct? Guess what, may be the kid used his brain.
I think it was Perez... but the Force India had to brake to not crash into Vettel.

Wass85
Wass85

GPR-A wrote:
04 Jul 2017, 08:26
The FIA's inability to bring the guilty to the rule book and let the serial offender escape, should spur the Mercedes to enhance their car performance in anger and dominate again. That would be the best answer to the stewards' inefficiency and of the FIA's, who are worried to punish Vettel, ONLY because it would affect the championship fight, in spite of full knowledge that it was a deliberate crime.

I would wish for the uni-dominance of Mercedes to be back as Vettel, doesn't deserve to fight for championship anymore.
Don't you think they're trying to do that already? I hope Hamilton wipes the floor with him and he will if he continues to be this strong in qualifying, the last race does show though that track position is key as Hamilton couldn't make the pass on Vettel.

marmer
marmer

Ham could have maintained speed with the sc instead of dropping to 50kph which is only just over 30mph let's remember. Vet shouldn't have been that near but the rules allow it.

Just on the rules does anyone know of an instance were a car has passed the sc before it should have and what the punishment was.
Or if a car was along side another but just behind as to not have gone past what would happen if the lead car slammed on so that the 2nd car would overtake illegally.

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

iotar__

I love how manipulative media (guess who :-) ) put headlines like "F1 reacts to Vettel's let-off" as if he escaped a penalty when in reality he got a proper one during the race. Lowest common denominator.

Steven
Owner

Right, we're done here.