Monaco GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
dumrick
dumrick

Me too. Although, as i posted in another thread, it wasn't (according to the team) an engine problem, but rather overheating of an heatshield that burned a wiring loom.

jaslfc
jaslfc

DaveKillens wrote:When Kimi exited his burning car, he didn't even return the steering wheel, he just left it off. Considering the car was on fire, I guess he won't be penalized for that.

as did mark webber.. who just threw the steering wheel down.
and wasnt there diamonds in the steering? or was that only for 1 promotional steering wheel

m3_lover

The steering wheel was the diamond one, and My lord, Marc Webbers qualifying pace was unbelivable for the amount of fuel they had on board, I think Williams had the power and the speed to be title competitors but the reliability is hurting them, I still can not believe how he got that qualifying time.
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

jaslfc
jaslfc

well said.. i think williams throughout this season has shown some blinding pace but their car in some races are pretty ordinary..

kkobayash

After much thought (and ill probably get hammered for saying this but...) my drive of the day (and i mean DAY, not weekend performance) goes to M.Schu. His latter race pace was incredible, to be over aminute behind DC with about 20 laps to go, and 2 at the flags...pretty awesome imo. He definitely is one of the best drivers out there.

Its just so unfortunate, and really really disappoints me to see what he did on Saturday. My emotions towards him are somewhat mixed at the moment, i absolutely hate him for cheating but then seeing how he drove on sunday was amazing.

As was said in the other thread about this (and sorry for OT but i cant help myself), Ferrari is one of the greatest, if not greatest, racing brands and the name and legacy should not be tarnished by such a lowly act of selfishness. Racing in all forms is about doing the best you can, with the most of your ability, to win, but to also stay within the rules and regulations. That is the whole point that people compete. If you cannot follow this, you do not deserve to have a place on the grid.

Webber was also quite impressive throughout quali and race. A driver who can constantly outperform his car and expectations imo is what makes a champion. unfortunately we are yet to see him in a fast AND reliable one.

DC and Montoya, although im happy for them, were to me nothing too special. I think they did what any driver out there would have done.

Kimi, what can i say...how can you not love him...well as they say work hard, play hard.

On a lighter note, anyone have opinions about the quote of the weekend. I like this one which was said on the broadcast:

'Villeneuve is under investigation by the stewards, and i don't think its for over sized overalls either' hahaha. :P

manchild
manchild

dumrick wrote:Me too. Although, as i posted in another thread, it wasn't (according to the team) an engine problem, but rather overheating of an heatshield that burned a wiring loom.
I think that was a problem in practice. Fire in race looked like overheated engine.

NickT

Great GP, we saw the very worst and the very best sides of Schumi and Ferrari. Greatness undoubtedly, but flawed definately :? It will be interesting to see how the fans at the next race respond :?

Fernando, awsome :D Kimi 8) and Mark ](*,) amazing but unlucky. Montoya helped but Rubens but lacking something :?: DC out drove his car but was compromised in qualie by Fisco, stratigy compromised by Rubens, but knuckled down and played the cards he was delt, his race craft is still as sharp as ever 8)

The rest, not much to say about them, Fisco's almost suisidal :shock: overtaking manovers were great, but he needs to demonstrate those skills and aggression on every lap of every race.
NickT

FLC
FLC

About Schumacher's relations with the crowd I can say that during the race the commentators here talked live to a colleague of them who set in the corwd, and he said that at the end of the race they were giving their best cheer to Schumacher. You could actually hear it. But that's monaco, different places different reactions...

f1.redbaron

DaveKillens wrote:When Kimi exited his burning car, he didn't even return the steering wheel, he just left it off.
I'm pretty sure he did. What he held in his hands was his HANS device.