Monaco GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
f1.redbaron

Will they one-stop Michael?

P.S. Apparently, Williams is light on fuel

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

Wow, both Kimi and Webber lost their engines, this gives Reubens a chance at a podium. Is Montoya's car as vunerable as Kimi's?

Principessa

Merde! Bad luck for Jarno Trulli :cry:!
Congrats do Coulthard and Red Bull though! First podium for the team!

Too bad for Kimi and Webber though. Raikkonen was really driving a good race, bringing some competition for Alonso. And Webber was driving an amazing race! He really deserves the podium, but in a way something always happens and he has to retire the race :(

Klien must be very disappointed as well. He was driving a strong race and would have been in the points. But he can still party with the team for the podium place of David.

And of course =D> for Alonso! \:D/ First victory in the Principality. Nice to add it to his victorylist

Well, back to the books now after good race :wink: :wink:

wazojugs

and schumi managed to do Rascasse corner 78 times without a problem

DaveKillens
DaveKillens

DC wearing a red cape on the podium, love it. :D

JimmyK
JimmyK

Raikkonen was really driving a good race, bringing some competition for Alonso. And Webber was driving an amazing race!
Imo, Raikkonen would've won without too much trouble had that safety car (and his car) messed up his race for him.
Webber was simply phaenomenal for Williams, I don't think that he would've got past Alonso in the end, but he should've got third easy.

Schumacher didn't really deserve anything, imo, and got lucky with retirements.

Many congrats to Alonso (excellent driving without any error at all), but imao, Raikkonen should have won.

EDIT:

Coulthard did good too, nice cape 8)
Will Horner keep up that promise? lol
Last edited by JimmyK on 28 May 2006, 16:11, edited 1 time in total.

wazojugs

did anyone see the shot of kimi with his shirt off on his yacht having a drink, didn't go back the garage after the race. what a guy.. =D>

Tp
Tp

From 22nd to 5th in Monaco. Just awesome.

But I really feel for Webber, he drove beautifully today but was let down again by his car.

Well done to Red Bull as well

vyselegend

I agree Raikonen was a serious pretendant for the win, without the safety car, even Flavio admited that, he was due to stop several laps after Fernando.
Great Race for Coulthard!!! That makes an exellent promotion for Red Bull, they couldn't have dreamt more.
Also, my hat down for Fisicho, who offered the most of the action in the race from his two spectacular overtaking.
It's sad that Raikonen and Weber didn't finish the race, it spoiled the fight at the head. Williams are really stucked in bad luck, and the formerly applauded cosworth begin to seem very unreliable.
Ferrari have finally limited the damage with the one stop strategy, and MS may even have dreamt of a podium when he was bouncing back on RB after Trulli's whithdrawal (damn, will he score at least one point this year? :roll: )

f1.redbaron

wazojugs wrote:and schumi managed to do Rascasse corner 78 times without a problem
I think it's time to let that go. You got the pole, you got the win, and most of all, your main competitors didn't (or, at least the gap had been increased).
wazojugs wrote:did anyone see the shot of kimi with his shirt off on his yacht having a drink, didn't go back the garage after the race. what a guy.. Applause
That has to be one of the funniest things ever.

LoRdVaMPz

setting the fastest lap n coming all the way from 22nd to 5th is a big achievement imo..... u dun c massa doing that ....

f1.redbaron

wazojugs wrote:
That was a joke and not a poke, sorry if the ferrari/ schumi fans are still sore :-({|=
Don't get me wrong. While I am a Schumacher fan, I agree that he should've been punished (although, I would like to question the severity of the punishment). But when it comes to crying and complaining, I think that Renault (and its fans) are number one.

And you're right, I'm mad...not about the Schumacher incident. I could care less about that, now! I'm angry about Toyota's inability to secure a podium. F*****G bums...all that money, and they can't produce a decent car!

vyselegend

About Kimi's retirement, I don't know if you had the same, but I saw on on board footage of him for a quarter of lap, and if the the indicator displayed by TV is accurate, he was pushing his engine up to 19 800 revs! It seems to me a little too agressive setting, especially at Monaco where cooling is difficult because of slow speed, plus he was folowing Alonso very closely most of the race which surely didn't help avoiding overheat. It seems Mac Laren here decided to risk everything to try a win.
At least they changed their poor strategy of running too heavy with conservative setting on rev limiter, and they seemed a lot more credible.

BTW, can someone remind me if the engine was new or f it was the one used in Spain?

Sknguy-
Sknguy-

vyselegend brings up an interesting point. Both the Williams of Webber and the McLaren of Kimi were tearing up the track. Then their engines blew. Perhaps these teams were tuning their cars a little too agressively. I think Montoya's drive should bring an important point to the McLaren team. Reliability wins championships.

Cudos to the guys on the podium though. Good drive. As for Michael I think he got a fair penalty. He did make it up by producing a great race. I wonder what the hell he was thinking in qualifying turning a single apex turn into a double? :roll: Ah well, it still only takes miliseconds to make either a bad decision, or a good decision, or indecision. Goof, lol. And I mean that affectionately.

johny

De la Rosa also told in Spanish tv that they were using a smaller cooling system without testing it