2019 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, June 21-23

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2019 French Grand Prix - Le Castellet, June 21-23

Looks like Max had already gone pass Lewis before he had the oversteer which caused him to leave the track. And as Davidson said, the FIA can look at it and will see Lewis edged back on the track slowly, was off throttle, kept his car on one side and didnt sweep across to the racing line. This is also known as a safe re-entry :P

Plus there should have been yellows as the moment Max went by was a good few seconds after Lewis had his initial moment.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

atanatizante

After FP2 race sims it seems that top teams want to use M tyres in Q2 in order to stick to an M-H 1-stop race, with the first stint topping 15 laps (Ferrari) to 23 laps (Merc and Red Bull) ...

Now regarding race pace, Merc is fastest, then Red Bull at 5-6 tenths and Ferrari 7 to 8 tenths apart ...

Nice laps from Ricci on hard tyres btw. with very low 1.36. on a 6 laps stint ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

GPR-A

NathanOlder wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:36
Looks like Max had already gone pass Lewis before he had the oversteer which caused him to leave the track. And as Davidson said, the FIA can look at it and will see Lewis edged back on the track slowly, was off throttle, kept his car on one side and didnt sweep across to the racing line. This is also known as a safe re-entry :P

Plus there should have been yellows as the moment Max went by was a good few seconds after Lewis had his initial moment.
Max got distracted. That's it. There is no case of dangerous reentry on Hamilton's part.

NL_Fer
NL_Fer

atanatizante wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:38
After FP2 race sims it seems that top teams want to use M tyres in Q2 in order to stick to an M-H 1-stop race, with the first stint topping 15 laps (Ferrari) to 23 laps (Merc and Red Bull) ...

Now regarding race pace, Merc is fastest, then Red Bull at 5-6 tenths and Ferrari 7 to 8 tenths apart ...

Nice laps from Ricci on hard tyres btw. with very low 1.36. on a 6 laps stint ...
Soft only 0,2s faster. Pretty lousy for the midfield. Start 8th on soft vs 15th on mediums.

MtthsMlw

Last edited by MtthsMlw on 21 Jun 2019, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

dans79

197 104 103 7

NathanOlder

NL_Fer wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 17:22
atanatizante wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 16:38

Soft only 0,2s faster. Pretty lousy for the midfield. Start 8th on soft vs 15th on mediums.
Or 11th on mediums with a brand new set.

Surely they should all try Q2 on the mediums. If you get through, great. If someone goes for the softs they will start a few places in front on a strategy you chose not to have.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

MakkieT
MakkieT

dans79 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 17:48
no further action!
https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/stat ... 4302807048
Found this on 9gag: FU FIA!
Last edited by turbof1 on 21 Jun 2019, 22:12, edited 1 time in total.

Dazed1
Dazed1

[/quote]

Why so lenient? I say one championship title demerit and starting from the back of the grid for the remainder or the season.
[/quote]

He would still win the championship... would be much more interesting. :P

GPR-A

Based on long runs, this is what I could read.
1. Mercedes.
2. Ferrari (+1.0 seconds)
3. Red Bull (+1.5 seconds)
4. McLaren (+1.8 seconds)

https://www.fia.com/file/82552/download

Juzh

bottas p1 lap
https://streamable.com/ycawp

One thing I noticed when i updated the official f1 app to get the telemetry for this lap is that now they are using bigger font in the speedometer, which totally wasn't ripped off of my onboard clips (originally yelinster's idea) :lol: Funny also, how they instantly did it after they nuked my youtube channel, just perfect timing . Well, at least it gave them a good idea and less work for me not needing to enlarge the font myself :D

here's what it used to look like before the french gp update, notice the smaller text size inside the speedometer

and this is how it looks like now

obviously it doesn't really matter, but interesting to see they adjusted things in this way

atanatizante

According to Nick Chester - Renault:
"The deltas between the tyre compounds aren’t quite as expected here – there’s not much between them"

Then, Mario Isola, head of F1 and Car Racing

"The remarkable thing about today’s session was the fact that Lewis Hamilton set his fastest time on the medium tyre, as opposed to everyone else who set their best time on the softs, as is usual for a Friday. This means that there’s a strong chance of seeing these medium tyres in Q2, with some drivers perhaps using them to start the race on. There was a high degree of track evolution, with the circuit being very slippery this morning. This caused the cars to slide a lot, as a result of which we saw some graining. In warmer temperatures and with more rubber on the track, this phenomenon was progressively reduced, to the extent that the fastest FP2 time was more than 1.5 seconds quicker than last year. We anticipate seeing the lap times get even quicker tomorrow, as they have done throughout the season to date."

courtesy of F1.com : https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... 8Rh7R.html
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Juzh

verstappen P6 lap fp2 1.32.049

https://streamable.com/8ia4x

turbof1

Ok guys,

We understand the frustration with the penalties given and not given. And we do allow memes and gifs and whatever if the context purely remains humor. You can even go pretty far with it, but again the context has to remain humor, and please do add a disclaimer next time with sexistic memes that you respect women. It is a small effort and will lead to a lot more understanding and acceptance.

And please, don't get emotional. There will be people utterly frustrated that Vettel got a penalty and Hamilton did not (of which I do not make a judgement on any of those 2 cases whatsoever!), but always stay respectful and constructive. It will help getting your point across!
#AeroFrodo

TAG

turbof1 wrote:
21 Jun 2019, 22:19
Ok guys,

We understand the frustration with the penalties given and not given. And we do allow memes and gifs and whatever if the context purely remains humor. You can even go pretty far with it, but again the context has to remain humor, and please do add a disclaimer next time with sexistic memes that you respect women. It is a small effort and will lead to a lot more understanding and acceptance.

And please, don't get emotional. There will be people utterly frustrated that Vettel got a penalty and Hamilton did not (of which I do not make a judgement on any of those 2 cases whatsoever!), but always stay respectful and constructive. It will help getting your point across!
I was about to label "Ferrari" on the old pick up truck, but you guys were quick on the trigger and foiled my witty retort before its time. That Mercedes was hot! Thanks for what you do Mr. Turbof1 sir. Much respek boss man. ;)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत