2020 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 31-02 July / August

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
nevill3

Re: 2020 British Grand Prix - Silverstone, 31-02 July / August

sprint car76 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:27
Is there a web site that lists the qual. times and the tire selection?
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files ... n_q2_0.pdf

https://www.fia.com/events/fia-formula- ... nformation
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

cooken
cooken

Hamilton did a 360 and remained on track albeit going slowly, but he was never on track facing the wrong way except for a split second during the spin. I didn't see any yellow flag come up.

dans79

Lewis's 2013 pole vs. 2020!

197 104 103 7

falonso81

siskue2005 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 16:19
There was a rule change remember
TWO fuel flow sensors now, with measuring flow rates scrambled, only FIA knows what are its timings for measurement

That is a major regulation change, everyone struggling except Mercedes.
Maybe FIA whistled the measurement timings to Merc? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Everyone praising Merc for the unbelievable progress they made. I find it hard to buy into it, yet almost everybody is convinced the W11 is 100% legal.

zibby43
zibby43

gdanielwesley wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:17
It is very interesting to see that Redbull and Ferrari are only 1 tenth apart. Did max mess up his q3 lap? Din't look like it. If this is the true pace of both cars.. how did Ferrari close up to rb without any upgrades?

On a power track one would expect that the gap would have widened since hungary considering that Ferrari is down on power this season. Anyone's got a good explanation?

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
As others have said, Ferrari are basically running a dragster this weekend with all the downforce they’ve shed.

The tires on the Ferrari cars are going to take an absolute beating in the race.

zibby43
zibby43

falonso81 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:56
siskue2005 wrote:
TWO fuel flow sensors now, with measuring flow rates scrambled, only FIA knows what are its timings for measurement

Everyone praising Merc for the unbelievable progress they made. I find it hard to buy into it, yet almost everybody is convinced the W11 is 100% legal.
I find it hard to buy into the conspiracy theories, as if it’s hard to believe one of the best teams in F1 history can improve.

In the hybrid era, whenever there have been clarifications or TDs, whether they have concerned the PU, flexible bodywork, etc., it has been Merc’s rivals that have been tripped up, time and again.

That trend tells me that Merc is putting in the hard work, while others are relying on shortcuts that can boost performance in the short term, until the trick is discovered.

Merc have also made bold decisions when needed. They stuck to their traditional side pod shape longer than anyone else on the grid. But they finally maxed out the potential and switched to the high-top inlets this year.

Other teams have just stuck with what they’ve always done (Red Bull with so much rake they look like they’re doing a handstand down the straights).

siskue2005

Mchamilton wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:16
NL_Fer wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:13
NathanOlder wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 18:54
Did anything come of Valterri's Q2 lap!? Apparently he was behind Lewis on track and set his best time on the lap Lewis spun. so surely there would be yellow flags?
Hamilton kept his car ontrack that way he didn’t trigger the yellow flags.
Since when has a car facing the wrong way or stationary on track not triggered yellow flags?
There was video shown of the moment, Bottas just blast past Lewis when he spun and also set the fastest lap of that session. It is practically the same thing which happened in Austria, but this time no penalty.

The video clearly shows how he didnt even lift and set the fastest sector time there
It is astonishing that this was missed

F1Krof

Since next week they'll be going one step softer? Do you think the lap-time will go even further (granted the weather stays relatively cool)?
Wroom wroom

PlatinumZealot

Yes. New track record if dry. Though I hope it rains.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Schuttelberg

Love the criticism and hate spewing from some on Vettel. The bloke's Friday was a write off. The splendid Ferrari team managed to keep the problems from overnight and still couldn't sort the brake pedal issues for FP3.
Anyone who saw FP3 would tell you the car was pretty much all over the place with a mind of it's own. Leclerc suffered the same nonsense in the race at Hungary.
The drivers are the only thing right about Ferrari. It's the team and car that's the issue. At least they seem to get things right on one car every weekend and it was a mega job by Charles!
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

Sierra117

Juzh, no more telemetry vids?

If anybody has the access, would love some telemetry vids of this quali session.

F1TV Pro still non-existent in this part of the world.
NIKI LAUDANZ SolidarityCubolligraphy | Instagram | Facebook
#Aerogorn & #Flowramir

wesley123
wesley123

falonso81 wrote:
The big difference compared to, for example, Ferrari is that their pace advantage is there in the race as well as qualifying.
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

XRayF1
XRayF1

siskue2005 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 20:06
Mchamilton wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:16
NL_Fer wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 19:13

Hamilton kept his car ontrack that way he didn’t trigger the yellow flags.
Since when has a car facing the wrong way or stationary on track not triggered yellow flags?
There was video shown of the moment, Bottas just blast past Lewis when he spun and also set the fastest lap of that session. It is practically the same thing which happened in Austria, but this time no penalty.

The video clearly shows how he didnt even lift and set the fastest sector time there
It is astonishing that this was missed
I am almost certain that you can only get a penalty for disobeying a (double) yellow in case you have been shown the flag. On the track and on the dash.
Am not sure the flag was waved before BOT was through - I could not see it on the video.

falonso81

zibby43 wrote:
01 Aug 2020, 20:04
falonso81 wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:

I find it hard to buy into the conspiracy theories, as if it’s hard to believe one of the best teams in F1 history can improve.

In the hybrid era, whenever there have been clarifications or TDs, whether they have concerned the PU, flexible bodywork, etc., it has been Merc’s rivals that have been tripped up, time and again.

That trend tells me that Merc is putting in the hard work, while others are relying on shortcuts that can boost performance in the short term, until the trick is discovered.

Merc have also made bold decisions when needed. They stuck to their traditional side pod shape longer than anyone else on the grid. But they finally maxed out the potential and switched to the high-top inlets this year.

Other teams have just stuck with what they’ve always done (Red Bull with so much rake they look like they’re doing a handstand down the straights).
There is no need to defend Merc, i am not accusing them of cheating nor did i camed up with a conspiracy theory as you state. I find it hard to believe they improved almost a second from last year. It just makes you wonder.

Unf

Can we just give titles for Lewis and Mercedes right now and end this season? 1s gap in Q between Mercedes and 2nd team. It's worthless.
Tomorrow if two Mercedeses will be 1st and 2nd after first corner we can turn off TV/PC.

I know this is not their fault that they are much faster, smarter etc. than other team but... such boring season it's going to be.