2020 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, August 14 - 16

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2020 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, August 14 - 16

Racer X wrote:
12 Aug 2020, 22:01
I see my comments about Ferrari being a midfield team and Vettel spinning are gone im guessing a Ferrari Mod read them. You guys dont come from countries where free speech & differences of opinion is a thing do you?
Difference of opinion? Asking which turn will be the most “spiniest” for Vettel is nothing more than childish provocation aimed to disturb forum peace. That’s much different than simply telling that Ferrari is a midfield team (which is true for this season) and Vettel having spun quite a few times recently.
Whatever country you come from is absolutely irrelevant. This is a forum with rules and you should live with consequences. Maybe you start insulting next time because of free speech?
Last edited by LM10 on 12 Aug 2020, 23:49, edited 2 times in total.

SiLo

They will be faster on the C1 than most of the field on the C2 anyway.
Felipe Baby!

Racer X

[...]
My Race predictions while i am here:

1. Max
2. Perez
3. Leclerc
4. Hamilton
5. Norris

Based on tire management Perez will take points away from Ham and favor Max and Max will get closer to Hamilton in the Championship which Max will win this season because the TIRES will play a role in slowing down the Merc.

Tire management will pretty much render the Mercs useless or at least for the next few races. The faster the Mercs go the more they need to slow down. and RedBull and others will capitalize! Perez and Leclerc will be 2 un-official wing men for Max.
Last edited by Steven on 15 Aug 2020, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Remove silliness
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

GPR-A

Racer X wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 01:43
My Race predictions while i am here:

1. Max
2. Perez
3. Leclerc
4. Hamilton
5. Norris

Based on tire management Perez will take points away from Ham and favor Max and Max will get closer to Hamilton in the Championship which Max will win this season because the TIRES will play a role in slowing down the Merc.

Tire management will pretty much render the Mercs useless or at least for the next few races. The faster the Mercs go the more they need to slow down. and RedBull and others will capitalize! Perez and Leclerc will be 2 un-official wing men for Max.
There are way bigger chances of Perez screwing his own race and someone else's race than either Vettel spinning or Perez himself finishing career highest position.

I want to live in a world where i can wonder at what point Perez will close his eyes on track!
Anything less is tyranny!

My Race predictions while i am here
1. Lewis
2. Valtteri
3. Max
4. Leclerc
5. Ricciardo

Racer X

GPR-A wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 03:44
There are way bigger chances of Perez screwing his own race and someone else's race than either Vettel spinning or Perez himself finishing career highest position.

I want to live in a world where i can wonder at what point Perez will close his eyes on track!

1. Lewis
2. Valtteri
3. Max
4. Leclerc
5. Ricciardo
You can wonder that in this world! My friend just like Vettel Will spin in this race!

Either way I'm making my predictions based on driver's who are good at tire management.

Sergio Perez has gotten 2nd place before. So with that Pink Merc and tire management skills I think he and other driver's good at tire management will go far like Leclerc.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Phil

Who says Perez will be racing?
Not for nothing, Rosberg's Championship is the only thing that lends credibility to Hamilton's recent success. Otherwise, he'd just be the guy who's had the best car. — bhall II
#Team44 supporter

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Racer X wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 04:33
GPR-A wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 03:44

1. Lewis
2. Valtteri
3. Max
4. Leclerc
5. Ricciardo
You can wonder that in this world! My friend just like Vettel Will spin in this race!

Either way I'm making my predictions based on driver's who are good at tire management.

Sergio Perez has gotten 2nd place before. So with that Pink Merc and tire management skills I think he and other driver's good at tire management will go far like Leclerc.
I hope so. Good prediction. May be Perez/Hulk will be in number 4.

El Scorchio

Mercedes might not fully solve the problem for this weekend, but they'll have worked a compromise which will mean they won't be as poor as Silverstone. Other factors in their favour are lower pressures and harder tyres, even if it's still hot. If I'm Red Bull though, I'm not worrying about qualifying and chucking all my eggs into Sunday race pace to try and force a repeat of last week. Could be fascinating!

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 11:24
Mercedes might not fully solve the problem for this weekend, but they'll have worked a compromise which will mean they won't be as poor as Silverstone. Other factors in their favour are lower pressures and harder tyres, even if it's still hot. If I'm Red Bull though, I'm not worrying about qualifying and chucking all my eggs into Sunday race pace to try and force a repeat of last week. Could be fascinating!
I suspect they will revert to as it was before they did anything to 'cure' the tyre problem that had for one race and inflicted on them selves for another. I think they jumped to false assumptions and took drastic measures they did not need to. With their analytical record it would not suprise me if hey came to the same conclusion and just forgot about trying to fix a phantom. (well, I say forget, they will file it away and learn from it)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

SiLo

The tyre load is also less at Barcelona, think it's only turn 7 and 9 where there is a real stress on the tyre from a load perspective. The rest are slower than a lot of the corners at Silverstone.
Felipe Baby!

F1Krof

SiLo wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 12:22
The tyre load is also less at Barcelona, think it's only turn 7 and 9 where there is a real stress on the tyre from a load perspective. The rest are slower than a lot of the corners at Silverstone.
Actually Catalunya is harder on rears. <- exactly where the Mercs had the problem in Silverstone. And seeing the tyre pressures they've gone up from last year.

So, for the Merc fans, I wouldn't recommend they feel they're out of the woods just yet. Contrary, I believe they'll be in similar or worse shape than in Silverstone.

But what do I know?
Wroom wroom

El Scorchio

Big Tea wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 11:50
El Scorchio wrote:
I suspect they will revert to as it was before they did anything to 'cure' the tyre problem that had for one race and inflicted on them selves for another. I think they jumped to false assumptions and took drastic measures they did not need to. With their analytical record it would not suprise me if hey came to the same conclusion and just forgot about trying to fix a phantom. (well, I say forget, they will file it away and learn from it)
Exactly- it feels like the front left stresses were Silverstone specific and unlikely to be replicated in Barcelona, so no need for the preventative measures they took to try and remove that risk for the second race. I'm sure it won't be a boring procession with the two of them flying out front, but I would be surprised if they were as uncompetitive as last time out.

SiLo

Guess we will see. I think the massive heatwave in the UK caused an outlier for temperatures at that track. Barcelona is regularly hot, and looks to be under 30 all week which is quite a lot less than what we had at Silverstone.
Felipe Baby!

mkay
mkay

F1Krof wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 12:43
SiLo wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 12:22
Actually Catalunya is harder on rears. <- exactly where the Mercs had the problem in Silverstone. And seeing the tyre pressures they've gone up from last year.

https://twitter.com/SomersF1/status/129 ... 54304?s=20

So, for the Merc fans, I wouldn't recommend they feel they're out of the woods just yet. Contrary, I believe they'll be in similar or worse shape than in Silverstone.

But what do I know?
They had problems with rears at Silverstone as they tried to protect the front lefts as much as possible and leant more on the rears as a result.

In Barca, the fronts aren’t as solicited outside of T3 and T9, so there will be less of a need to protect them meaning they can focus on protecting the rears for S3.

Big Tea

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 12:44
Big Tea wrote:
13 Aug 2020, 11:50
El Scorchio wrote:
Exactly- it feels like the front left stresses were Silverstone specific and unlikely to be replicated in Barcelona, so no need for the preventative measures they took to try and remove that risk for the second race. I'm sure it won't be a boring procession with the two of them flying out front, but I would be surprised if they were as uncompetitive as last time out.
I think the problem transferred to rears as they 'migrated' the balance to save the fronts, which were OK (ish) anyway that damaged the rears. they may have created their own problem with strategy
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.