2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
langedweil

Re: 2021 Italian Grand Prix - Monza, Sep 10 - 12

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 23:38
langedweil wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 23:00
Starkblood80 wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 22:50
You’d be correct if we saw the same incidents happening with Hamilton and other drivers but we don’t.
Yeah, well .. we did in 2016, the last few years there was noone that Ham competed with except for Bot. Only then James would be on the radio ...
This thinking is so stupid. And I know its not only you. 2017, 18 and 19 Hamilton was competing against Ferrari. OK, it was more or less an illegal Ferrari PU-wise but dont keep saying there was no other contender for the WDC.
You have to blame Ferrari for their talent to f. up and not Lewis.
Oh well, now it's even stupid ..
Only '18 there was any serious competition from Vet, but because of the huge overpower of the Fer there wasn't much of ontrack battles.
That aside, I was not blaming Ham, just saying there wasn't much ontrack
competition in them hybrid years.
So referring to not making mistakes during that period is .. well, something different.
HuggaWugga !

f1jcw
f1jcw

jz11 wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 23:53
jesus, some here and not just here have REALLY short memory, Damon Hill for example, who defended Lewis after Silverstone now says Max did this on purpose because he had no real chance of overtake, and Lewis did at Silverstone?!?! freakin hypocrite....
Lewis made the corner in Silverstone, here Max was off the track

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

pantherxxx wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 00:04
I don't understand the official reasoning for a penalty by the FIA. "In the opinion of the Stewards, this manoeuvre was attempted too late"
But why was it too late? Is there a rule which says that? When they reached the apex Max was clearly halfway alongside, at the exit from the apex Max was more than halfway past the defender at the apex. So why didn't Lewis gave more space?

https://i.imgur.com/e0lUrdf.jpeg
Simple: Go back and look at from rb car camera. You will see that rb is driving into oblivion and a certain crash. In a fair world, he would get *at least* 10 grid places. I was expecting a 5 place simply because I knew wo FIA is working for but alas I was too optimistic even as a pesismist.

Here is the thing though: Lewis will win this championship. This will be a turning point. Today we have seen, clearly, who is made from what. *Mark my words*
Last edited by foxmulder_ms on 13 Sep 2021, 01:59, edited 1 time in total.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

langedweil wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 00:49
Magicsenna_41 wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 23:38
langedweil wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 23:00

Yeah, well .. we did in 2016, the last few years there was noone that Ham competed with except for Bot. Only then James would be on the radio ...
This thinking is so stupid. And I know its not only you. 2017, 18 and 19 Hamilton was competing against Ferrari. OK, it was more or less an illegal Ferrari PU-wise but dont keep saying there was no other contender for the WDC.
You have to blame Ferrari for their talent to f. up and not Lewis.
Oh well, now it's even stupid ..
Only '18 there was any serious competition from Vet, but because of the huge overpower of the Fer there wasn't much of ontrack battles.
That aside, I was not blaming Ham, just saying there wasn't much ontrack
competition in them hybrid years.
So referring to not making mistakes during that period is .. well, something different.
I was referring more to your no competition "sheet".
So you definetly dont remember Singapour 2017 start crash between the 2 Ferraris and one Verstappen? Guess who was in the Mix for WDC. From this point Ferrari handed over the WDC to Mercedes.
2019 Ferrari could not agree on a number 1 driver. Pretty sure if they did agree and support Vettel it would be a tighter championship until the PU directive came out before Austin.

Magicsenna_41
Magicsenna_41

foxmulder_ms wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 01:59
pantherxxx wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 00:04
I don't understand the official reasoning for a penalty by the FIA. "In the opinion of the Stewards, this manoeuvre was attempted too late"
But why was it too late? Is there a rule which says that? When they reached the apex Max was clearly halfway alongside, at the exit from the apex Max was more than halfway past the defender at the apex. So why didn't Lewis gave more space?

https://i.imgur.com/e0lUrdf.jpeg
Simple: Go back and look at from rb car camera. You will see that rb is driving into oblivion and a certain crash. In a fair world, he would get *at least* 10 grid places. I was expecting a 5 place simply because I knew wo FIA is working for but alas I was too optimistic even as a pesismist.

Here is the thing though: Lewis will win this championship. This will be a turning point. Today we have seen the who is made from what. *Mark my words*
Flash News: tomorrow Albon will sit in the car and simulate the incident.🤭

maxxer
maxxer

Max is going to take the new engine next race anyway so who cares if he crashes into his main rival

f1jcw
f1jcw

maxxer wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:09
Max is going to take the new engine next race anyway so who cares if he crashes into his main rival
I believe people who like a F1 contest and not just watching for crashes and want the winner of championship not someone who thinks he can crash the other out if he doesn't get out of his way.

Do you think it doesn't matter that you could potentially kill someone doesn't matter cause you ar getting a penality anyway, well I'm not sure even what to say to that.

Someone said that if you get a 3 grid drop but then take a engine penality to go to the back of the grid, the 3 drop has still to be taken at the next race. I hope that is true.

LaplacesDemon
LaplacesDemon

Zynerji wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 18:14
Roughly, Force = Weight x Speed.
Let's take a moment to send our thoughts and prayers to those of us who fail at kindergarden physics.

ringo

The driving has not be good in this championship fight.
The vettel vs Hamilton was cleaner. Even Alonso vs Hamilton. Kimi/Massa vs Hamilton.
Higher quality driving from these men.
Webber vs Hamilton aslo really good dueling.
I really dont know what's going on these days with the sim racing tank slapper driving.

Whenever Max has superior pace he drives well. He is a good time attack driver.
When the cars get more equal... the red mist rises.
I really hope we get some clean racing in the upcoming races.
I think the message is clear that he will simply not allow anyone to race him on equal terms. And this goes for all 19 cars on the grid.
So it's best for Mercedes and others to simply strategize on avoiding Max on track.
I ok with racing in the pits.
For Sure!!

langedweil

Magicsenna_41 wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 01:59
I was referring more to your no competition "sheet".
So you definetly dont remember Singapour 2017 start crash between the 2 Ferraris and one Verstappen? Guess who was in the Mix for WDC. From this point Ferrari handed over the WDC to Mercedes.
So, a RB was sandwiched between 2 Ferrari's .. what on earth has that got to do with extremely fair racing from Ham ?
If anything it was just the luck Ham was starting 5th being handed the win because of that clumsy squeeze.
2019 Ferrari could not agree on a number 1 driver. Pretty sure if they did agree and support Vettel it would be a tighter championship until the PU directive came out before Austin.
But they didn't, points got split within Fer, and James gave all point necessary from Bottas.
Again, not so much ontrack battling ...
HuggaWugga !

Zynerji

LaplacesDemon wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:23
Zynerji wrote:
12 Sep 2021, 18:14
Roughly, Force = Weight x Speed.
Let's take a moment to send our thoughts and prayers to those of us who fail at kindergarden physics.
Please correct it with an unrough update then, first grade superstar.

El Scorchio

ringo wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:46
The driving has not be good in this championship fight.
The vettel vs Hamilton was cleaner. Even Alonso vs Hamilton. Kimi/Massa vs Hamilton.
Higher quality driving from these men.
Webber vs Hamilton aslo really good dueling.
I really dont know what's going on these days with the sim racing tank slapper driving.

Whenever Max has superior pace he drives well. He is a good time attack driver.
When the cars get more equal... the red mist rises.
I really hope we get some clean racing in the upcoming races.
I think the message is clear that he will simply not allow anyone to race him on equal terms. And this goes for all 19 cars on the grid.
So it's best for Mercedes and others to simply strategize on avoiding Max on track.
I ok with racing in the pits.
It’s because all the other drivers will realise sometimes a battle is lost and cede a hopeless position. Verstappen won’t do it.

They’d have crashed several more times this season already had Hamilton not been the one to take avoiding action. Basically Verstappen’s attitude is ‘I’m coming out of this corner ahead because you’ll jump out of the way, or we crash and neither of us is coming out of this corner.’ That’s not racing. It’s getting toward Schumacher in 1997.

I think the penalty was as much a warning for this continuing attitude when wheel to wheel with Hamilton (and others) in the past, and for the sake of the rest of the season as it was just for the incident today. It’s clear he’d rather have an accident than just accept the other guy is going or has gone past him and let it happen. It cannot continue like this, and I’m sure part of this penalty being awarded is as a warning/deterrent to say that there’s harsher punishment to come if he carries on with this sort of behaviour.

e30ernest
e30ernest

El Scorchio wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 03:27
They’d have crashed several more times this season already had Hamilton not been the one to take avoiding action. Basically Verstappen’s attitude is ‘I’m coming out of this corner ahead because you’ll jump out of the way, or we crash and neither of us is coming out of this corner.’ That’s not racing. It’s getting toward Schumacher in 1997.
This is an aspect of Verstappen's driving I really dislike. He really has talent, but I think he'll need to change this aspect if he is to become one of the true greats in F1.

maxxer
maxxer

f1jcw wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:17
maxxer wrote:
13 Sep 2021, 02:09
I believe people who like a F1 contest and not just watching for crashes and want the winner of championship not someone who thinks he can crash the other out if he doesn't get out of his way.

Do you think it doesn't matter that you could potentially kill someone doesn't matter cause you ar getting a penality anyway, well I'm not sure even what to say to that.

Someone said that if you get a 3 grid drop but then take a engine penality to go to the back of the grid, the 3 drop has still to be taken at the next race. I hope that is true.
I would hope so too otherwise this would look like a really planned action and make the fia weak

ispano6

I'm curious of the genesis of Max's 11s pitstop. Was it human error as according to Horner or was the front right wheel changed properly but hadn't triggered the sensor indicating the wheel was secured? Was the front lowered too quick after the wheel was fastened and needed to be re-fastened?