Hungarian GP 2006

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bhall
bhall

For the first time in a while, I'm glad I live in America and will not have to be subjected to an onslaught of Jenson Button all over my TV.

Despite the result, this was by far the best race of the season.

It's been a while since I've seen luck change hands so many times. At first, Alonso was the lucky driver, having vastly superior Michelins in the wet. Then everything changed when he was forced to retire due to either a driveshaft failure or the lug nut not being put on properly (I've read both), so that made Schumacher the lucky man. Of course that was all nothing compared to the luck of Jenson Button.

You've got to give credit where credit is due. Honda came to Hungary well prepared, and Jenson drove a great race, as did Barrichello. But all things equal, I'm not so sure he would've made even a top-5 if Alonso and Schumacher hadn't retired and Kimi hadn't taken himself out (what was he thinking?).

All in all, it was a fantastic race to watch.

Sawtooth-spike

What a Race, Can we have more of them please?

Ferrari Got it ALLL wrong, Schmie was being eatten alive out there near befor he came off. But the middle bit was some good driving by him, The bridgestones really came on. I Cant belive what his did to Del a rosa i think if he had of finshed he would of got done for that, or atleast be asked what he was thinking.

Alonso was really unlucky he was doing really well, would of been close at the end between him and button.

Really happy for BMW, i will admit i was very wrong about that car, i thought i was gonna suck big time, but today it was a good bit of kit.

Would kimi of won if he had not a stacked it??? Dont know

Button, Hats off to you mate, Such a good drive and Very well earned. He was quick Every lap. He overtook well early on. As i said earlyer i think if alonso had not of come off he it would of been Really close.

I take back all i said about the Ring. That was the best race all season!. Its kinda like an Advert break, No change at the top, but really good to watch!
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

bhall
bhall

Sawtooth-spike wrote:I Cant belive what his did to Del a rosa i think if he had of finshed he would of got done for that, or atleast be asked what he was thinking.
What do you mean? The view from above was very clear, and it showed that Schumacher got pushed off the track. Was he supposed to just let him by after being forced off?

dumrick
dumrick

bhallg2k wrote:
Sawtooth-spike wrote:I Cant belive what his did to Del a rosa i think if he had of finshed he would of got done for that, or atleast be asked what he was thinking.
What do you mean? The view from above was very clear, and it showed that Schumacher got pushed off the track. Was he supposed to just let him by after being forced off?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Another sad case of selective blindness...

Sawtooth-spike

Pedro had the line and he drove over the chicane to stay ahead. But that down to opinion so i am not gonna bother arguing about it. Cus its not gonna get us anywhere.
What i was more p**sed about was the fact, he opened the door to let him through as if he knew he had to, then he slamed it shut. But its my opinion of what i saw.
I believe in the chain of command, Its the chain I use to beat you till you do what i want!!!

bhall
bhall

dumrick wrote:Another sad case of selective blindness...
Selective blindness my ass.

De La Rosa moved to the outside of Schumacher, who was on the preferred line, in the chicane. Once De La Rosa was even, not ahead mind you, he moved onto Schumacher's line, forcing him off track.

Look, I'm the first to admit that sometimes Schumacher takes liberties on the track and attempts things that aren't exactly legal. But this was not one of those times.

manchild
manchild

What did I tell you about wet race? :wink:

Alonso Hungaroring 2006 - Senna Donington 1993!

What a race! Kubica was fantastic!

When Alonso lost wheel I was ready to turn of TV but than as me and my nephew who was watching the race with me whined I saw that Schuey's front left interm. tyre is falling apart so we watched and hoped!

It ended well as Michelin ate Bridgestone alive just as Alonso ate Scheuy alive with that fantastic overtaking.

Woohoo! \:D/

dumrick
dumrick

Sawtooth-spike wrote:Pedro had the line and he drove over the chicane to stay ahead. But that down to opinion so i am not gonna bother arguing about it. Cus its not gonna get us anywhere.
What i was more p**sed about was the fact, he opened the door to let him through as if he knew he had to, then he slamed it shut. But its my opinion of what i saw.
You are soooo right... there's no point in arguing against fundamentalists... there's a whole history of position defense in F1 by cutting chicanes and the rulings are very clear...

I too was totally amazed by that stunt, when Shitmaker opens up for the next corner to allow De La Rosa through, as he should, just to close the door on him. That was a deliberate move from a very despaired and, ultimately, very unethical driver to try to get rid from the guy that was right behind him and a lot faster. Fortunately, his bully reputation is so well known that clever drivers just expect the worst from the prick and don't get easily lured by those cheap tricks...

wazojugs

Schumi did that because he is a sore loser

wazojugs

[quote="bhallg2k"]For the first time in a while, I'm glad I live in America and will not have to be subjected to an onslaught of Jenson Button all over my TV.quote]

Fine, we know the british press will jump up and down over this and state that this is the opening of the flood gates, but they will be on his back again when he finishes in the top 10 in the remaining races,.

However what we don't do is jump up and down chanting USA USA USA...

Ciro Pabón

Long time without rain. Now we have a taste of what would be F1 if downforce or lateral friction were diminished.
Ciro

vyselegend

That was the best race so far for the 2006 season! Man, what a podium, Button, De la Rosa & Heidfeild. Nobody could have anticipated this result. I'm very happy for Button and Honda, who had their share of hard times through the season. They really deserved this result.

Of course, as a Renault supporter, I was disappointed for Alonso's withdrawal, but as a racing enthusiast, I really enjoyed myself with the whole race. From 15th to 1st with a 37 sec margin on Raikonen at mid race, in those conditions, this guy really have something more.

On the Schumacher/ De la Rosa incident, we could argue a lot (from my point I saw DLR was clearly past, so MS normally had to give back the place), but there is no chance that he could resist to the Mc Laren and the BMW, given the look of his tyres. He was 4 to 5 sec a lap slower, and had to resist 8 laps with nearly undriveable car. So he was eaten for sure anyway...

Most of times Grand Prix are (kind of) owned by the championship contenders, and this one was other's for once! That's what made this race so pleasant.

joseff

Hey just wondering if any of you guys here contribute to F1 articles on wikpedia.

I was amazed that within 1 hour of the finish these articles were already updated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Hungarian_Grand_Prix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenson_Button

f1.redbaron

joseff wrote:Hey just wondering if any of you guys here contribute to F1 articles on wikpedia.

I was amazed that within 1 hour of the finish these articles were already updated:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Hungarian_Grand_Prix
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jenson_Button
I would be willing to bet that the guy contributing to the second article is James Allen

Lightspeed

Nick Hidefeld & Michael Schumacher contact >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tmAH97g0Os

NH losing control ? I dont see any fault of Michael.

Schumi has strong words as well ..
Schumacher admitted that staying out on intermediate tyres on a drying track left him vulnerable to attack from faster rivals on ‘slicks’ in the closing stages.

But he robustly defended both that decision and his determination not to cede third place to Heidfeld.

“Did we take a risk staying out on track with intermediate tyres and in the fight with my rivals? That’s the way I am.

I always want to fight for the top which is why I have won so often. =D> =D> =D>

“There are still five races to go. Nothing is yet lost and I will give it my all in trying to win the title.”
:twisted: