Monaco GP 2007

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ds.raikkonen

pRo wrote:
naknak_56 wrote:Was there a pass for position on the track at all during the race?????
Yes, many, in the start. ;)
Yeah...kimi's start was awesome, despatched 2 in a row, and then 4 by the end of first lap..but the dissappointing thing was that he cudnt get past Wurz in the end :(
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC

joseff

Didn't Taku pass Trulli going into Mirabeau? When they were both being lapped by the McRockets. Or was I seeing things?

nae
nae

http://www.fia.com/mediacentre/Press_Re ... 07-01.html

2007 MONACO GRAND PRIX

The FIA has launched an investigation into incidents involving the McLaren Mercedes team at the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix in light of a possible breach of the International Sporting Code.

The relevant evidence is under review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

wazojugs

This has been caused by the british media complaining that hammy could have won, as he was brought into the pits 3 laps earlier than initially planned, and over the radio he was asked to slow down.

They were both asked to slow down as they were just lapping quicker and quicker due to the advantage the the mclaren cars had and there was a serious risk of both of the drivers making a mistake and blowing a win and a 1-2.

This is not even in the same ballpark as austria 2002 with ferrari where postions of the cars changed for the win. If hammy was leading and was asked to allow alonso pass then there would be cause for the FIA to act.

But i agree that ron should keep his mouth shut tight as he stated this comment as an act of puffing his chest out saying that more was available from the two cars if needed. Its jst a bullshit statement to make the other mangers think that they are quicker, but it just landed him in hotish water

Scuderia_Russ

wazojugs wrote:This has been caused by the british media complaining that hammy could have won, as he was brought into the pits 3 laps earlier than initially planned, and over the radio he was asked to slow down.
They were both asked to slow down as they were just lapping quicker and quicker due to the advantage the the mclaren cars had and there was a serious risk of both of the drivers making a mistake and blowing a win and a 1-2.
How do you know all this, you seem very well informed?
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

checkered

I don't know what

the FIA thinks can be made to stick, but this (investigation) is hardly caused by pandering to media either, because some inevitably think everything's OK with this, some won't. To me it seems a standard practice that teams ask their drivers to slow down towards the end of the race.

But Hammy and his father didn't exactly seem happy after the race, so who knows. Alonso says he "conserved fuel" and thus could cut into the advantage Lewis had from the quali to a mere three laps. Hamilton, on the other hand, apparently thinks there's no reason why he shouldn't have retained the five to six laps running he had on Fernando. Whatever happened, Lewis was angry enough to disregard the pit wall telling him to play it safe, at least for a part of the race.

There have been sporadic hints in the media about backroom politics being played at McLaren, and sometimes things border on ridiculous as was the case with the "photo-op one on one chat" between Alonso and Dennis. I just hope when the FIA comes to a conclusion, it makes sense.

wazojugs

Scuderia_Russ wrote:
wazojugs wrote:This has been caused by the british media complaining that hammy could have won, as he was brought into the pits 3 laps earlier than initially planned, and over the radio he was asked to slow down.
How do you know all this, you seem very well informed?
I read the independant newspaper

Quote" I was told over the radio to take it easy, i pushed as hard as possible and i dont ever give up, so i didn't take much notice and kept going"

Read the david tremayne reports on mondays after the gp there are nuggets of info in the column

m3_lover

what is the URL of his site because I googled him and it gave me a lo of rubbish. But I do love his book on the science/anatomy of a F1 car..good book for beginners
Simon: Nils? You can close in now. Nils?
John McClane: [on the guard's phone] Attention! Attention! Nils is dead! I repeat, Nils is dead, ----head. So's his pal, and those four guys from the East German All-Stars, your boys at the bank? They're gonna be a little late.
Simon: [on the phone] John... in the back of the truck you're driving, there's $13 billon dollars worth in gold bullion. I wonder would a deal be out of the question?
John McClane: [on the phone] Yeah, I got a deal for you. Come out from that rock you're hiding under, and I'll drive this truck up your ass.

wazojugs

wazojugs

the "apparant team orders by maclaren at monaco" has made the british 6:30pm news as one of the main stories, saying that he was told not to overtake his team mate and slow down

aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh typical the football season is over and they jump on the F1 wagon hoping for a big story of which they know nothing about the sport

Ray

allan wrote:common guys, it is still better than speed tv..
"Speed is showing speed.".. "Scott is on the pace"..."He is even faster than Kimi"....imagine that talk for 2 hours!!! at least hamilton deserves the spot light, but Scott Speed is just a mmmm... i dont wanna say it :wink:
for a moment, i wanted to change the channel to the italian tv, at least i want understand them when they talk about Luizzi :lol:
He's just a what? He did pretty damn good from where I was sitting. I know Kimi was being held up most of the race, but to have brake problems and finish that high up in 9th with very few retirements, is a good race to me. Pretty boy Liuzzi wrecked his car. They only have him for his so called style. He's not that good a racer and hasn't really destroyed Speed. I've never really seen that much in Liuzzi. Scott did a good job, drove a great race, and no one can take that away from him.

West
West

It was a dull race to me; I fell asleep halfway through, and this was during the encore presentation at 4:00 PM local. The 2005 race was much better.

As for the McLaren 1-2 investigation, I think the FIA forgot they were racing in Monaco. As nice as the place is, it's a terrible racetrack.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Rob W

Telling two drivers to "take it easy" is not team orders any more than hearing Fisi's engineer always telling him to "push push push".

Giving a driver tactical advice such as, "you're well ahead so don't push too hard and risk breaking anything" is not team orders. It's common sense and good racecraft.

People are just looking for something to discredit the awesome performance McLaren had... It's nothing like the "Ruebens, let Michael past for the World Championship. Repeat, let Michael past" from Jean Todt the other year..

Rob W

pRo

checkered wrote:I just hope FIA makes sense.
We've all been hoping that for years. ;)
Formula 1, 57, died Thursday, Sept. 13, 2007
Born May 13, 1950, in Silverstone, United Kingdom
Will be held in the hearts of millions forever
Rest In Peace, we will not forget you

ds.raikkonen

joseff wrote:Didn't Taku pass Trulli going into Mirabeau? When they were both being lapped by the McRockets. Or was I seeing things?
yes he did o.t. him, clever move by Taku there
“Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...that’s what gets you.” - JC