Spanish GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
bizadfar
bizadfar

Re: Spanish GP 2008

Ray wrote:DC wasn't at fault for the collision with Timo. He very directly prevented him from passing him on the inside. However, his driving in the following straight, completely out of character for the line to the next corner, he drove Timo into the grass. I cannot forgive him for such a dangerous move. The collision was not his fault, but there is no reason for him to have driven Timo into the grass afterwards. The lack of vision in his mirrors is bullshit. Lots of other passes happened without incident, and he needs to talk to his engineer if he can't see out of them. Quick Nick passed Fisi without incident, why can't DC do the same as Fisi and realize that he's been outbraked/whatever and just concede that he's been beaten and try to pass them back instead of causing them to hit him? His attitude is that if you try to pass him, you'd better be 15 feet ahead at the brakeing zone or he's going to run you off the road or give you no choice but to hit him. I think that he knew Button had the better of him in Bahrain and seeing that decided to close the door on him and left him no choice but to lock the brakes trying to avoid hitting DC. He gave him room, Button committed and then DC very stupidly planted himself in the way and took any chance of Button avoiding him away completely. Button had to have thought, "Right I've got him now" and then "OH --- he's closed the door and I can't stop". That's why he locked the brakes and was struggling to hang onto the car before the contact was made. It's amazing how childish he was about it saying he and Button were friends and why did he hit me. Lame.

He needs to either fix his mirrors, his attitude, or he needs to hang it up. He's been hit damn near every race this year when being passed, and with the exception of Timo it's been his fault entirely.

Heikki is very lucky to have come away uninjured. That very well could have been bad. Alonso showed just how good he is, and how much Renault have improved. Couldn't be prouder of a man everyone seems to have lost respect for and doubt his abilities against a pampered rookie. McLaren are slipping badly because they have no one of Alonso caliber to develop. If you need proof, look at his current car and see where they were, and where they are now.

The most dangerous thing I saw was when DC came to have the flat left rear changed. The guy on the wheelgun had no helmet on! How in the hell could they have overlooked that?! I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned it in the media and that they haven't gotten a steep fine for such a silly mistake to make.
The problem is DC was never outbraked by Timo at turn 5. Watch it again, Timo ran into the back of him.

The other incidents I agree, DC's brain faded.

About Button's incident, I think DC moved his car almost like a mini zig zag, that would of surely distracted me the slightest bit and you lose a bit of control under braking (you can see the twitch of DC's car correlate to Button's reaction I think). Add to that offline the circuit is extremely dusty and terrible grip/traction. But the fact remains, If i was in DC's shoes I wouldn't have turned in even if I was pissed off at an overambitious move (I think Button would've most likely ended up wide or offline again and DC could get under him on exit)

modbaraban
modbaraban

Crazy Dave wrote:Och aye tha noo muthafukas! Crazy Dave comin’ on strong wit’ tha fierce flava of Red Bull. Full o’ energy like fizzy crack. So we is layin’ it smooth on Espana and Crazy D, he slap it on the 17 spot in qualifay. Nice an’ slow, yea. Bu’ then come tha lightshow and tha D, he be workin’ his moves when ma man Ady Sutil, he gimme the smackdown. No ---. Crazy D, he ain’t beat though, yea he be back like a cat until ma homeboy Da Glock, he slice me down the side. Hot damn. Wha’ppnin’ bloods? Crazy D, this be goin’ on to he like fo’ times this year. Tha’s why Crazy D ain’t Crazy D no more. From now on, he be call CAPTAIN MAGNETIC. Yea. And if anyone would care to disagree with this I will of course be happy to kick three colours of --- out of them.
www.sniffpetrol.com
:lol: :lol: :lol:

NaZzO

turns out Kovy's crash was caused by production error of the front left wheel rim

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/n ... 2002.shtml

hope this doesn't get POL into trolling mode again :S
Interviewer: The most exciting moment during the race weekend?
Kimi: I think it's the race start, always.
Interviewer: The most boring?
Kimi: Now.