British GP 2008

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
crbassassin

Re: British Grand Prix 2008

crbassassin

chasefreak wrote:i have noticed that mclaren has not used their new front wing...
i thought they would have but seems liek thay have opted out of it
im not sure about whether they have used it in practice or not, but they did have the new wing for qualifying

timbo
timbo

Thanks crbassassin!
That looks weird! Doesn't seem to be very elegant solution... :?

vyselegend

Congratulations to Heikki for his first pole, and to Mark Webber for one more incredible qualifying performance! =D>

I'm quite unhappy to see the Williams crew in such a depressing position, just after Nico had shed some hope in his recent interview, saying he was upbeat after the team felt some serious progress at the test...
It seems they had problems with the car bottoming out, and Nico told he had some kind of suspention failure indeed. What was disheartening was the onboard sight from Kazuki's car, the FW30 just looked undriveable, necessiting steering corrections all the time.

I think Renault have understand the lesson from their recent mistakes, and have ceased to compromise Fernando's first stint for a better qualifying slot. His Q3 lap is two whole second adrift from his Q2, so I suspect he is among the heaviest this time. (along his team mate, Hamilton & Heidfeld)

I think this grid is promising a good race, be it dry or wet. (but Trulli might spring a surprise under rain, as he clearly admited having biased his set-up toward wet track conditions)
timbo wrote:Thanks crbassassin!
That looks weird! Doesn't seem to be very elegant solution... :?
But with so much of the hole covered, it is probably an important loss of drag! The more efficient solutions aren't the more elegant ones (look at the bridge wing...)

timbo
timbo

vyselegend wrote:But with so much of the hole covered, it is probably an important loss of drag! The more efficient solutions aren't the more elegant ones (look at the bridge wing...)
Yes, the idea is of course to cut drag, what bugged me is the way radiator blockage positioned relatively with bargeboard deflector - to me it seems that deflector works as "trap" to the air and will couse much turbulence.

bar555
bar555

Light rain is expexted for tomorrow race , wonderfull :D :D :D

WEATHER FORECAST
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

Miguel
Miguel

vyselegend wrote:I'm quite unhappy to see the Williams crew in such a depressing position, just after Nico had shed some hope in his recent interview, saying he was upbeat after the team felt some serious progress at the test...
It seems they had problems with the car bottoming out, and Nico told he had some kind of suspention failure indeed. What was disheartening was the onboard sight from Kazuki's car, the FW30 just looked undriveable, necessiting steering corrections all the time.
Yeah, Williams looked awful today. I really desperately want them to do good, but it seems that their aero performance isn't really good. They seemed to have the mechanical part sorted, but today it was just crap. Everything was crap. Both cars were having major issues when cornering, and I can only imagine how bad it was under braking.

And regarding Renault, I think they have opted for more or less equal stints, because the R28 plain s***s (no, the word ain't symmetric) with heavy fuel loads. Heikki is probably unnecesarily light and Webber's time was just amazing. I don't know how good his lap was, because it's almost impossible to watch any midfield car for a decent amount of time.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Scuderia_Russ

I'm going tomorrow. Could hear qualifying from my back garden earlier! Great job by Webber and Heikki. Hope Williams can turn things around soon.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

bar555
bar555

You lucky guy :|

should we expect some pictures taken by you posted here :?:
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

JamesS
JamesS

I think it is highly unlikely Webber will end up on the podium. We'll see I guess tomorrow who was light :)

Well done to Heikki, he deserves it after a fair bit of misfortune this season.

We may see a McLaren 1-2, which of the two drivers on top I don't know.

waynes
waynes

i put £30 on Heikki to get pole and win at 25/1 in march

cannot wait for the people ignoring the better british driver, hammering round in a --- car, to see a piss poor performance and still say "poor lewis hamilton!"

im almost ready to sort a market out on betfair before james allen says "he's obviously weighed down with fuel"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

[b][color=#4000BF]F1Technical-Rear wheel hampers Massa's qualifying[/color][/b] wrote:Felipe Massa: "It's a real shame ending up ninth on the grid because of a problem with my pit stop. I lost so much time as the mechanics had trouble changing the right rear wheel and I was unable to start my second run. I think I could have done a good time, maybe not enough to take pole but at least good enough for a place on the front two rows. There was a lot of wind today and the balance of the car was not as good as yesterday and we were not as quick as at last week's test. Tomorrow I can definitely expect to be fighting all race long to move up the order and I will do all I can to bring home a good result: but it won't be easy"
Regarding the underlined part; I wonder if this is related in any way to yesterdays shunt which left the entire right rear end smashed up. Would it be possible that even though the car was completely repaired there might still be some problems with the rear axle (or parts that might affect the wheel connection)?

Or it might just be due to an error by the right rear tyre changer. Although there are some logical connections between the rear wheel issue and yesterdays shunt.

Here is Massa's F2008 after the accident in FP1 yesterday.
Those are some amazing Ferrari mechanics which repaired the car in time for FP2.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

djones
djones

Out of all the races in the season this is the one I hope HK wins.

I like the guy and he is infact my favourite driver however its not for that reason. I hate Hamilton more than I like anybody else. Each race I just pray for him to come off etc.

If HK wins at Lewis' home grand prix it will be a fantastic kick in the teeth and will be a fantastic finish to the weekend!

WhiteBlue

Massa must be praying that it will never rain. He is so unreliable in the wet with TC. :roll:
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Nick just scoring his second double pass in one corner. :D :mrgreen: :D
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)