Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Belgian GP 2009 - Spa Francorchamps

He could have stepped on the brakes while off track and joined back into 5th place.

I mean there was ZERO car pile up! Why didn't he just stomp on the brakes and join the line like everybody else!

Don't get me wrong I highly rate Kimi...but these stewards are wearing Ferrari Horse blinders. Look what they did to Hamilton last year!
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

donskar
donskar

It is the content of threads like this one that has caused me to discontinue my participation in this forum. No, I do not consider this post "participating."
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

PlatinumZealot

donskar wrote:It is the content of threads like this one that has caused me to discontinue my participation in this forum. No, I do not consider this post "participating."
What is wrong with the content? What would you like it to be?

This is not Buckingham palace.. people have opinions.
๐Ÿ–๏ธโœŒ๏ธโ˜๏ธ๐Ÿ‘€๐Ÿ‘Œโœ๏ธ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ™

Giblet
Giblet

donskar wrote:It is the content of threads like this one that has caused me to discontinue my participation in this forum. No, I do not consider this post "participating."
Welcome to the open nature of the internet. You will not find solace by leaving here. Every forum on the planet has good members, and fodder.

Any fool can see that the threads on this site that have real content and analysis outweigh the ones that don't. If not by number, if by sheer content.

If you think you are too good for us, then what Islamatron says probably goes for most.

You are speaking your mind in a forum. That IS 'participating' whether you think so or not.

Good riddance, elite forum poster who is better than everyone here. Go skip and hold hands with Manchild on a beach somewhere.
Before I do anything I ask myself โ€œWould an idiot do that?โ€ And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

It's a simple disagreement about on track behavior. Some tend to voice their opinions more loudly and rudely than others, I'm guilty of it myself quite a bit. I comment on the race threads and the like more than pure technical threads because there I learn about things in a manner that isn't boring like reading a book and more like learning from experience and other bouncing ideas off one another. By not 'participating' that doesn't make this forum suffer any great loss. If you must, don't participate. But don't come by and comment that the discussion is beneath you and point out that you, in particular, aren't going to chime in with your views. Just simply stay quiet. I do that on the very technical threads because there I don't have alot to say that would move the discussion along without bogging it down asking questions about things I'm not familiar with.

I don't see what Kimi did wrong. Not with his going off track or coming back on and certainly not in the color or make of racecar he was driving. Some disagree simply because it's a Ferrari and because their driver was hit/spun/lost/has the wrong skin color or whatever it may be. Some are crybabies and sore losers, some beat the proverbial dead horse thinking it will change other people minds to agree with them, or that others will see that they are indeed wrong and the ones browbeating others are right. Simple as that.

ds.raikkonen

I dont understand why people are still crying over that move by Kimi. Even DC said that they sometimes have to go wide at La Source to avoid a pile up or any accident, Kimi did exactly that. Actually, it was a clever move, but fair...
The stewards are not blind as you guys are imagining them to be, they ve got n no. of camera angles and much more experience than all of us put together.
Last year, Hamilton cut the chicane and gained a place when he could ve braked easily before the chicane, although I admit it was due to Kimi's early braking into the corner that caught him by surprise, so, it was also sort of bad luck for LH to be dropped 3 places after winning, but it was a foul nonetheless.
So it ll be better if we start looking towards Monza rather than banging our heads in this thread.
โ€œSpeed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary...thatโ€™s what gets you.โ€ - JC

ringo

ds.raikkonen wrote:I dont understand why people are still crying over that move by Kimi. Even DC said that they sometimes have to go wide at La Source to avoid a pile up or any accident, Kimi did exactly that. Actually, it was a clever move, but fair...
The stewards are not blind as you guys are imagining them to be, they ve got n no. of camera angles and much more experience than all of us put together.
Last year, Hamilton cut the chicane and gained a place when he could ve braked easily before the chicane, although I admit it was due to Kimi's early braking into the corner that caught him by surprise, so, it was also sort of bad luck for LH to be dropped 3 places after winning, but it was a foul nonetheless.
So it ll be better if we start looking towards Monza rather than banging our heads in this thread.
Not to belabour the argument, but what Hamilton did was virtually the same as Kimi if not less severe. He had little choice. Kimi chose to come off the track, and did not concede the position unlike hamilton.
You say the stewards are not blind, but you seem to be seeing through the same lens. Both incidents are the same.
For Sure!!

dumrick
dumrick

ringo wrote:Not to belabour the argument, but what Hamilton did was virtually the same as Kimi if not less severe. He had little choice. Kimi chose to come off the track, and did not concede the position unlike hamilton.
You say the stewards are not blind, but you seem to be seeing through the same lens. Both incidents are the same.
And if there wasn't this precedent, I don't think there was any material to discuss about Raikkonen's manouver. However, the exact same marshalls that screwed up like that last year, amazingly seem to have different criteriae now and that leaves some wondering...

modbaraban
modbaraban

dumrick wrote:However, the exact same marshalls that screwed up like that last year, amazingly seem to have different criteriae now and that leaves some wondering...
Can you see the difference between going the shorter way and going the longer way? This shouldn't be hard.

Also why nobody wants to penalize Luca? He followed Kimi there while driving a red car unlike others. Come on pay the man some respect. You can't ingore someone who's the fastest man on the grid, albeit in the pitlane.

dumrick
dumrick

modbaraban wrote:Can you see the difference between going the shorter way and going the longer way? This shouldn't be hard.
Sure I can, my friend but in
c) The race track alone shall be used by the drivers during the
race. Drivers must use the track at all times. For the avoidance of
doubt:
- the white lines defining the track edges are considered to be
part of the track but the kerbs are not, and ;
- a driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car
remains in contact with the track.

Should a car leave the track for any reason, and without
prejudice to 2(d) below, the driver may rejoin. However, this may
only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any
advantage.
I see no mention to the relative diffrence between the path taken and the nominal length of the racetrack, but I can see a mention to gaining advantage of leaving the track, which Raikkonen did this year and Hamilton last year didn't.

If Kimi stayed within the track, and it was as safe as possible to do so, he would be in 5th.

modbaraban
modbaraban

I saw a clear advantage in LH cutting that chicane, no so here.

Did Sutil get an advantage by passing Badoer on the outside? On the astroturf??? Nope. And he wasn't penalized either. Likewise Kimi disadvantaged himself as to the (longer) path and (less grippy) surface. It's just that the cars on track weren't fast, just like Luca while being overatken by Sutil.

Simple question here. What if there was a pile up in T1 and both Ferraris and Button who ran wide overtook the carnage ending up 1-2-3? Disqualify them all for not joining the crash?

PS: it seems so weird trying to explain such obvious things. I'm sorry for joining this stupid argument. #-o

marcosp
marcosp

In no way related to the ongoing word battle here, this is a short interview with Luciano Burti (in Portuguese) where he discusses the renaultgate (piquetgate?), says that he talked to Barrichello and asked him "dude, are you sure you're not doing something wrong at the start?" and he said the team assured him his procedure was 100% correct, there's definitely a problem with the start sequence software.
Also, Burti says Massa won't be racing this year... Booohooooo!!

interview

dumrick
dumrick

This lack of sense is starting to get boring, really... #-o
modbaraban wrote:I saw a clear advantage in LH cutting that chicane, no so here.
So, if you go off the track, gain one position and give the position back, you have an advantage, but if you go off-track, gain two positions and don't give the positions back, you have none?
modbaraban wrote:It's just that the cars on track weren't fast
Exactly the reason Hamilton was forced to go off-track last year, or not? You either overtake, within the limits of the track, or avoid a car by going off-track and, if there is a gain on position, you must give it back (I'm just following literally what's written in the rules, marshalls used to be permissive, until penalties started going off control some two to three years ago).
modbaraban wrote:Simple question here. What if there was a pile up in T1 and both Ferraris and Button who ran wide overtook the carnage ending up 1-2-3? Disqualify them all for not joining the crash?
This could be a potential attack on the intelligence of your fellow forumers, I consider that a good contributor like yourself should avoid it.

For the last time: I don't think Raikkonen had to be penalised for this minor infringement, it's just the established precedent that makes this kind of decisions suspicious. And that I personally hate what can (being benign) be described as incompetence from the marshalls (last year's decision, not this one). And I may recall that, last year, the decision was immediatelly perceivable as having an effect on the outcome of the championship, which wasn't the case this year.

The FOZ
The FOZ

15 years ago, people like us who are all in the same thing used to get together at bars and pubs to knock back a few brews and talk about this garbage all we like.

There were douchebags then, and there are douchebags now. Trouble is, back then, the real douchebags got their heads knocked in when they step out of line, and they quickly learned to play nice.

Nowadays, no matter how one conducts one's self, there's no such "head knock in" function on the internet, so turds can get all the thrill in the world running their mouths in a manner that would earn them an ass whupping in real life.

ISLAMATRON

HA, I'd love to see you try to give me a "real life ass whupping"... I'd probly whoop your ass with fists the same way I do with logic & proof.

TAlk your --- all you want, you add nothing to the true discussion.

Nobody is talking about LH, or the color of anybody's skin, Kimi overtaking Truilli & Heidfeld illegally, has nothing to do with Jaime running into the back of Lewis... All that crap is just you trying to cloud the issue. Those of us who see what actually happened have provided Video proof and the exact lettering of the rules, what have the others provided? Nothing but their bullshit biased feelings that Kimi did nothing wrong.

Obviously the rules, nor the video nor those bullshit feelings mean anything to the FIA, especially when a red car is involved, so I'm done have proven that Kimi was in the wrong.