FW13 - F1 in 3D

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
Zire
Zire

FW13 - F1 in 3D

Hi all. This is my first post here and I hope that this is the right channel to show my project.

I'm using Google Skechup with modelling and I'm just learning basics about 3D modelling so this is one of my first projects. This is the final version of my work, which has gone through photoshop. It's possible to see work in progress pictures if you want so.

The project itself is a formula one car for season 2013, and I tried to do it as realistic as possible. I'm not living with the exact truth with rules, but I hope it could be seriously taken.

All kind of feedback is more than welcome!

KeithYoung

Re: FW13 - F1 in 3D

Very cool. Have you run CFD with Khamsin?

bar555
bar555

I would love to see the step by step images illustrating the progress of the car construction .I would be grateful if you put them forward to my mail. Thanks in advance. BTW the car has a tiny gearbox and an interesting triangular hot air exit at the back .
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

krisfx
krisfx

bar555 wrote:I would love to see the step by step images illustrating the progress of the car construction .I would be grateful if you put them forward to my mail. Thanks in advance. BTW the car has a tiny gearbox and an interesting triangular hot air exit at the back .

Yeah this, I've been working in Solidworks and Inventor but I still can't get the modelling fully nailed especially with time constraints of placement/uni so I'd be hugely grateful to see your breakdown :)

Alonso Fan

very nice!

beam wing could be a bit higher though...
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Zire
Zire

Thank you!

I'm not going to run it in CFD. I think that my car doesn't pass the requirements (stepped nose etc.)

Here are some step by step pictures: