[MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

Post here information about your own engineering projects, including but not limited to building your own car or designing a virtual car through CAD.
etsmc
etsmc

Re: [MVRC] Mantium Virtual Racecar Challenge 2019 (Grand Prix Cars)

LVDH wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 14:09
etsmc wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 03:18
ooooh its Friday, does that mean we get scrutineering today??
Here you go:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/scrutineer ... zuka-2019/
Tomorrow, we will see some CFD close ups of your barge boards.
Well thought i was going to end up with a warning or something... but looks like i got everything correct.

Not sure how to take the close ups of my barge boards, probably means they are OK, really bad or have holes :lol:
share as much as you want though =D>

variante

LVDH wrote:
But i have none! :cry:

jjn9128

machin wrote:
10 Oct 2019, 21:58
Hey guys, just a bit of a heads up; we’ve noticed that the rules don’t specifically prohibit “floating” parts (parts that are not connected to anything else) but suffice to say that this was not our intention 😆

....If you have floating parts don’t worry; this round you’re OK... but I’ll shortly update the rules... next round warnings/penalties will be applied to anyone with floating parts. ☺️
Why? It's not like you have to prove the rest of the aero is structurally sound. Can't it just be assume it's suspended by something smaller than mesh scale?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

CAEdevice

variante wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 15:11
LVDH wrote:
If you don't have bargeboards, the close up will be on your diffuser :D
Last edited by CAEdevice on 11 Oct 2019, 22:32, edited 1 time in total.

CAEdevice

jjn9128 wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 15:15
machin wrote:
Hey guys, just a bit of a heads up; we’ve noticed that the rules don’t specifically prohibit “floating” parts (parts that are not connected to anything else) but suffice to say that this was not our intention 😆

....If you have floating parts don’t worry; this round you’re OK... but I’ll shortly update the rules... next round warnings/penalties will be applied to anyone with floating parts. ☺️
Why? It's not like you have to prove the rest of the aero is structurally sound. Can't it just be assume it's suspended by something smaller than mesh scale?
Smaller than mesh scale? I doubt that in a real car there can be carbon made details less thick than 1mm, that is not difficult to discretize considering the mesh accuracy.

machin

CAEdevice wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 15:39
variante wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 15:11
LVDH wrote:
If you don't have bargeboards, the close up will on your diffuser :D
🤣🤣👍👍
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

LVDH

jjn9128 wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 15:15
machin wrote:

Yes and no, obviously some cars have parts that would realistically have to be supported by small parts. We do not really want to have them in the simulations. In previous years there was a rule that would have banned your solution. We do not have that this year because it is a subjective rule. However your part is a bit over the top. Richard and I are discussing what to do about it. This race, you are obviously safe and if we do not come up with a solution until Sunday, the next race as well. The simplest solution would be, you simply attach the part.

etsmc wrote:
11 Oct 2019, 14:40
Not sure how to take the close ups of my barge boards, probably means they are OK, really bad or have holes :lol:
share as much as you want though =D>
Who said only you are getting exposed?
Full res images over here:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/cfd-images-suzuka-2019/

machin

The cars will take to the track at 13:00 CEST tomorrow.... Can CAEdevice make it two wins in a row? Will Variante's modifications net him a win, or will we see a newcomer take the top step of the podium?

The video will be available here:-

(Full CFD results will be in the video, :) )
COMPETITION CAR ENGINEERING -Home of VIRTUAL STOPWATCH

CAEdevice

I can't wait.

... and don't forget team Koldskaal. I resumed the development these days and looking at the data of Singapore, I noticed that he has not only high downforce, but also the best effciency.

k.ko100v
k.ko100v

Hi guys

I made a test simulation of my model, but I am struggle to understand the results. Would you help me to find where I get it wrong?

Here is how they are looking:

jjn9128

k.ko100v wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 12:06
Hi guys

I made a test simulation of my model, but I am struggle to understand the results. Would you help me to find where I get it wrong?

Here is how they are looking:

https://imgur.com/0Mx1pwb.jpg
I suspect you have a hole in your bodywork STL somewhere - perhaps the junction between "chassis" and "engine_cover" isn't water tight!?
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

LVDH

That looks like a blown up simulation. Have a look at the plots. The residuals are probably in the range of 0.1 and the forces over time will look crazy.
Most likely there is some open geometry. Maybe this helps to locate it:
https://mantiumchallenge.com/locating-h ... mulations/

etsmc
etsmc

=D> Better than i thought. Was expecting a 99.95 looks like my cooling was better but balance off.
Well done people great race there. 8)

CAEdevice

Interesting race, thanks for the video.
Very balanced race!

Would it be possible to publish a table or picture of the simulation numbers? It is difficult to pause the video with the smartphone :)

wb92

Congrats for Team Koldskaal - Christian really good job :)

Hope that package with results would be shared soon.
With such unbalanced car I'm really happy with result, so last piece to work on.

Worth to notice Team Racing got really impressive debut.
MVRC - WBRacing