2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Big Gun
Big Gun

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Can only hope the updates work and they find the sweet spot quick, with so many teams bringing updates there is also a chance that the other teams updates dont fully add up and dont work and Alonso could find his updates and set ups finally work. Could be a bit of a lottery weekend with teams making some big changes.
Conceive, believe, achieve!

diffuser

Big Gun wrote:
14 May 2024, 17:42
Can only hope the updates work and they find the sweet spot quick, with so many teams bringing updates there is also a chance that the other teams updates dont fully add up and dont work and Alonso could find his updates and set ups finally work. Could be a bit of a lottery weekend with teams making some big changes.
Miami part 2 ?

NAPI10
NAPI10

diffuser wrote:
14 May 2024, 20:57
Big Gun wrote:
14 May 2024, 17:42
Miami part 2 ?
Not for AM :lol: :lol:

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

xReVo wrote:
13 May 2024, 21:49
As a customer, McLaren does better than Mercedes, which means that making your own engine in synergy with the car is not the same as winning as many think. Sometimes it's even worse. Having said that, it really bothers me to think that the second part of last year was literally thrown away to favor this year and the results are even worse. Nobody it will take away this disappointment inside me
Unfortunately lot of people forgot, that
1. FIA literally banned or forced Aston Martin to change their front wing concept ,so literally the rest of the races just was to try to survive.
2. FIA brought 2 new TD suprisly middle of the session, which effected the car performance.
3. Pirelli introduced new stronger tyres at British GP . Ferrari said (Vasseur) is will be a game changer for them.
Anyway Alonso with the 2023 Miami Q3 time in 2024 could be good for the pole position. Probably Aston forgot how they was 1 seconds faster last year 😆 .

xReVo
xReVo

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
15 May 2024, 00:11
xReVo wrote:
As a customer, McLaren does better than Mercedes, which means that making your own engine in synergy with the car is not the same as winning as many think. Sometimes it's even worse. Having said that, it really bothers me to think that the second part of last year was literally thrown away to favor this year and the results are even worse. Nobody it will take away this disappointment inside me
Unfortunately lot of people forgot, that
1. FIA literally banned or forced Aston Martin to change their front wing concept ,so literally the rest of the races just was to try to survive.
2. FIA brought 2 new TD suprisly middle of the session, which effected the car performance.
3. Pirelli introduced new stronger tyres at British GP . Ferrari said (Vasseur) is will be a game changer for them.
Anyway Alonso with the 2023 Miami Q3 time in 2024 could be good for the pole position. Probably Aston forgot how they was 1 seconds faster last year 😆 .
In fact, I absolutely don't discuss last year, which as far as I'm concerned was nothing short of fabulous. I discuss the "survival" competitions as you say, where it was said several times that they were real tests for the 2024 season. Now I say, after all this time, is it possible to still have problems? No, for me (personal opinion) structures have nothing to do with it.

-wkst-
-wkst-

https://formu1a.uno/it/non-solo-ferrari ... 0-a-imola/

According to them it could be even a "little" b-spec, but the team doesn't want to talk too much...

Focus is on the floor-sidepods - the 2 most important things at this car generation.

xReVo
xReVo

I read that the objective is still the points zone in Imola. I don't know why but there's something strange, I could be wrong

collindsilva
collindsilva

xReVo wrote:
15 May 2024, 13:04
I read that the objective is still the points zone in Imola. I don't know why but there's something strange, I could be wrong
Seems after last year fiasco, they are keeping their expectation low.

KimiRai
KimiRai

KimiRai wrote:
10 May 2024, 10:06
Two weeks ago it was said floor and diffuser for Imola, of course it wouldn't hurt if they bring more parts than that :D let's see
New front wing endplates, so it does seem they brought more parts :D

SSJ4
SSJ4

I hope both cars have all the parts for all the practice sessions unlike Japan

bananapeel23

SSJ4 wrote:
15 May 2024, 17:15
If Stroll gets a massive upgrade package that yields several tenths before Alonso I'm going to be angry as hell. Stroll gets absolutely nothing done, while Alonso is putting in the work and scoring points week in week out despite not getting the upgrades.

I know Lance is the son of Lawrence, but at some point the team needs to prioritize points over letting the owner's son squander the potential of the new shiny toys. He already has the black T-cam and gets an F1 seat as long as he wants it, I think that is more than enough, but no. He needs the new parts first, even if he has less than 1/3 of the points Alonso does.

KimiRai
KimiRai

bananapeel23 wrote:
15 May 2024, 17:25
SSJ4 wrote:
If Stroll gets a massive upgrade package that yields several tenths before Alonso I'm going to be angry as hell. Stroll gets absolutely nothing done, while Alonso is putting in the work and scoring points week in week out despite not getting the upgrades.

I know Lance is the son of Lawrence, but at some point the team needs to prioritize points over letting the owner's son squander the potential of the new shiny toys. He already has the black T-cam and gets an F1 seat as long as he wants it, I think that is more than enough, but no. He needs the new parts first, even if he has less than 1/3 of the points Alonso does.
Lance is not prioritised. No need to create issues where they don't exist.

bananapeel23

KimiRai wrote:
15 May 2024, 17:32
bananapeel23 wrote:
SSJ4 wrote:

Stroll almost always gets an upgrade package first if they can only finish one package in time for a GP, no?

diffuser

bananapeel23 wrote:
15 May 2024, 20:15
KimiRai wrote:
15 May 2024, 17:32
bananapeel23 wrote:

Stroll almost always gets an upgrade package first if they can only finish one package in time for a GP, no?
They take turns.

zoroastar
zoroastar

xReVo wrote:
theyve been using this engine formula many years now. they dont change from year to year near as much as when the regs were new. if its going to help being a works partnership, its going to help most in the first few years of the new engine regulations. honda is going to be starting out in close collaberation with their works partners. that should be a pretty big advantage going into 2026.