2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LetHimTrough
LetHimTrough

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

jambuka wrote:
16 May 2024, 16:40
https://x.com/ferrarif1fra/status/17911 ... 87402?s=46

Either Charles is bluffing or the real numbers are not 3/4 tenths as reported.
More important, and using the new F1 metric (the hidden smile), was he smirking and hiding a big smile?

dialtone
dialtone

I’m absolutely dreading waking up tomorrow… FP1 is at 4:30am and unless Ferrari finishes FP1 1st through 4th with the closest team in 5th 7laps down it will be a total dumpster fire in here.

Vanja #66

Hype needs to be kept in check and that's what Vasseur and both drivers are doing. No one has any idea what RB is bringing and how big it will be. Keeping the pace better than updated McLaren in Imola will be a confirmation of progress. If they somehow finish within 10s (without SC) off Red Bull it will be a bigger step than RB made - based on the gap in Bahrain, Suzuka and China results of mid-high downforce tracks
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

AmateurDriver
AmateurDriver

jambuka wrote:

One thing is for sure, this is not the first of a series of "small steps" as Lec's words would suggest. They are not going to reshape the car that deeeply a few times more.

CjC
CjC

deadhead wrote:
16 May 2024, 17:07
CjC wrote:
16 May 2024, 17:03
jambuka wrote:

What does he say? I translated it but it didn’t make sense
"I don't know yet exactly what the real result of this package will be, but I hope it will be good. So far we have mainly tested it in the simulator, on different tracks. It is obvious that It's a step forward, I've seen numbers on the internet that are much higher than what they are, so we also need to keep our feet on the ground and continue to move little by little in the right direction."
Thank you
Just a fan's point of view

chrisc90

dialtone wrote:
16 May 2024, 17:05
CjC wrote:
jambuka wrote:

Didn’t really say much.

Imola not the best track for updates. They couldn’t test big stuff in Fiorano. Some numbers he saw online were too big. We’re focused on incremental updates and doing our work little by little.

Nothing shocking and fairly downplaying everything.
This would be against the rules no? Cant test bits unless they have previously been run in the competitive weekends before

scuderiabrandon

chrisc90 wrote:
16 May 2024, 20:36
dialtone wrote:
CjC wrote:
Didn’t really say much.

Imola not the best track for updates. They couldn’t test big stuff in Fiorano. Some numbers he saw online were too big. We’re focused on incremental updates and doing our work little by little.

This would be against the rules no? Cant test bits unless they have previously been run in the competitive weekends before
Then tell me how they ran all the new parts?

What's meant by testing in the quoted post is testing in terms of setup. After all, the demo tyres are as good as useless.
Last edited by scuderiabrandon on 16 May 2024, 21:45, edited 1 time in total.

dialtone
dialtone

2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

chrisc90 wrote:
dialtone wrote:
CjC wrote:
Didn’t really say much.

You can add whatever you want during filming days but you cannot add sensors or other things. Each team has 2 of those and they are limited in mileage.

You cannot test new things during tire testing days.

Waz
Waz

You can obviously use the sensors already on the cars though, and they'll be enough to confirm aero load, no matter what tires are used.

deadhead

Upgrades to Imola: what are the areas of the car that need to be strengthened?

LEC:
"In the first part of the championship we struggled a bit more in the slow corners. These updates had been conceived months earlier, so the target of this package is not yet up to date with today's evidence, but it should be a step forward."

Guessing low speed corners will be fixed at a later date.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-le ... /10611611/

dialtone
dialtone

deadhead wrote:Upgrades to Imola: what are the areas of the car that need to be strengthened?

LEC:
"In the first part of the championship we struggled a bit more in the slow corners. These updates had been conceived months earlier, so the target of this package is not yet up to date with today's evidence, but it should be a step forward."

Guessing low speed corners will be fixed at a later date.

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-le ... /10611611/
He just says they haven’t done anything specifically for that yet. But this could help in slow corners if the car runs softer and has more wing.

In the same interview he also says that starting from pole is the goal in imola.

F1NAC

Gary Anderson says that he is impressed with upgrades. Oh well we are doomed it seems 😞

dialtone
dialtone

F1NAC wrote:
17 May 2024, 07:59
Gary Anderson says that he is impressed with upgrades. Oh well we are doomed it seems 😞
truly the kiss of death.

Vanja #66

Vasseur made some interesting comments during the press event. It seems it was really his own decision to replace Xavi, while Leclerc says it was a team and Xavi decision. I can't see Vasseur doing it without consulting Leclerc.

https://scuderiafans.com/fred-vasseur-c ... 25-f1-car/

Part of the team is working on the upcoming updates we’ll see this season, another is already focused on next year’s car. We’ve already started on the 2025 car. Additionally, there’s ongoing work on the 2026 power unit, while for the chassis and aero, we can only hypothesize concepts since there are no regulations yet.
Bryan joined the team long before I did! He has worked with Charles for a long time, and they have an excellent technical relationship with mutual respect. I believe Bryan’s transition from performance engineer to race engineer was a natural step, a progression we often see in many teams. We often fight on the edge of a hundredth of a second, and if you feel you can improve something, it’s always better to do it. I’m convinced that Bryan is very good; he has strong technical knowledge and track experience. Plus, he’s well integrated into the team, which will make the transition to his new role very smooth.
Adrian has a remarkable track record; he is the most successful engineer in the paddock, but I have no comments on this. Honestly, I trust the people we have in our team. Regarding the future… we will know it in the future. I have confidence in our current team members. They are doing a good job. If we compare the potential we have today to a year ago, we’ve made a huge step forward. It’s not enough because Red Bull is still ahead, much less than last year but still ahead, so we must keep pushing.
I don’t know what the media expects, so I can’t say if we will exceed or fall short of their predictions. Since the start of the season, there’s been a gap between us and Red Bull that ranges from zero to five-tenths, depending on the track and conditions. The upgrade can bring an improvement of less than five-tenths, so we might be ahead without the upgrade or behind with it.

We are developing the car, trying to shave off hundredths, but we must always remember that what happens on track, from setup to weekend conditions and driver performance, is more important than an update. It would be a mistake for me, the team, and the drivers to think that an update is everything. It will certainly help, as we’ve seen in recent races where we fought on the edge of hundredths or thousandths, and in these cases, an upgrade one-tenth faster can turn the weekend around. But we need to stay calm and not imagine that an update determines everything.
I’ll preface this by saying I’m not in a hurry for the 2026 regulations, actually. If the FIA had already finalized everything today, probably two or three teams would be ready to set aside this season and the next to focus entirely on 2026, giving them a huge advantage.

Honestly, I pushed to delay the publication of the technical regulations to October, as during this time, we will still be focused on the final developments of this season and 2025. But we won’t be able to work on aerodynamics before January 1, and I think that’s a good thing because the real problem in terms of resources is aerodynamics. Then there will be those who decide to focus 100% on 2026 from January 1, foregoing upgrades on the 2025 car, but those are decisions that will vary from team to team.
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

Good political moves by Ferrari.