2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Wouter

Re: 2024 Visa Cash App RB Team

runningmanz wrote:
20 May 2024, 02:38
Team race report.

https://www.visacashapprb.com/en/2024-e ... a-gp-race/
Very nice words from Mekies. I like the guy, way better than Tost!
Laurent Mekies (Team Principal)

“With just 15 kilometres separating our Faenza factory from the Imola circuit, this was always going to be a special event for us;
our first home race under the Visa Cash App RB banner.

It was great to have so many employees from the factory here at the track, creating a sort of “Blue Army” in a special VCARB grandstand and rotating our VIP passes to get as many of them as possible into the paddock. This was our way of thanking everyone in Faenza, Bicester and at Honda for their hard work, which has been giving us good results, to put us once again at the top of the midfield here
in Imola.
=D>

Even if today’s race leaves us a little bit disappointed, as a better start from both Yuki and Daniel would have probably created a better scenario for us, a point is a point and there are many positives to take away from the weekend. Our qualifying performance proves that the upgrades we implemented in Miami are definitely bringing us performance to go on fighting for sixth position in the Championship. And now we carry that momentum forward to face the unique challenge of Monaco. Daniel has been on the podium there no fewer than four times, including a win, and Yuki is currently in great form, so we will be pushing for another strong performance from the whole team.”
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Yep Mekies is really helping create a happy work environment for the employees which will only spur them on to work harder and push for more success!

Wouter

Tsunoda: VCARB has to improve poor starts

Yuki Tsunoda admits that his VCARB Formula 1 team still has to work on its starts after both the team’s drivers lost valuable places in the Emilia Romagna GP. Starts have been an issue for the Faenza team this year, but the problem was very obvious at Imola as both Tsunoda and his team mate Daniel Ricciardo lost two positions each.

Tsunoda conceded that starts have been an ongoing issue for VCARB.

“It’s a kind of topic at our team,” he said. “We’re really working hard on the two starts throughout the races so far. We improved a little bit, but for sure, we need a step more, because I would say consistency is not enough there. So we have to look for the future.”

Asked what has to be improved, he said:

“I thought it was tyre preparation, and I think we’ve done a lot of preparation, but it’s not enough.

“I think it’s coming from consistency with the clutch. I will say Red Bull have the same engine, and they are able to have a consistent start.

“So for sure, there’s something that we are missing, or we have to improve. But obviously, we are individual team, so we have to think about our strategy to make it work.”
-------------------
“In Monaco, historically, I’m performing well, so I feel more confident into the race week, but obviously, we never know what’s going to happen. I’m feeling optimistic about Monaco. And we just keep pushing with the development as well.”
The whole article on Formu1a.uno
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Good article talking about where RB are at currently and plans ahead.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... Yzfql.html

Wouter

His new trainer John Noonan is great! He trains Yuki very hard and they both loooove sushi and other Japanese food!!

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Some quotes translated by DeepL. AMuS calls the Visa team Toro Rosso. =D>

The whole German article from AMuS.

Five and a half teams at the top
Monaco GP 2024

Imola's last point went to Toro Rosso. The racing team from Faenza is becoming more and more of a problem for the second half of the field. With five and a half teams at the top, World Championship points for Haas, Alpine, Williams and Sauber are even higher.

For five races the field was divided into two halves. If Red Bull, Ferrari, McLaren, Mercedes and Aston Martin got their two cars over the distance without any problems, there was nothing left for the rest. The rest were Toro Rosso, Haas, Alpine, Williams and Sauber.

The balance of power has now shifted. “There are now no longer five, but five and a half teams at the front,” stated Toro Rosso managing director Peter Bayer in Imola. Red Bull's sister team has moved away from the second half of the table. Aston Martin is now closer to sixth place in the World Cup than Haas.

With the second major upgrade in Miami, Toro Rosso has taken a big step forward and consolidated it in Imola. The car has become more predictable.

Toro Rosso now has a car that gives the driver more confidence that downforce will remain stable. The VCARB 01 no longer has any identified vulnerabilities. The new chassis that Ricciardo got in China was probably just placebo.

In Imola, both Toro Rosso drivers qualified for Q3. And on Sunday, Tsunoda was once again best of the rest, 7.4 seconds ahead of Nico Hülkenberg.

Peter Bayer said after the race: "We are now annoyed that it was only one point. I see that as a good sign. It shows that the team is already setting higher standards for itself."

At the same time, the Austrian admits: "A World Cup point is worth twice or three times as much this year as in 2023. Given the density of the field and the lead of the top teams, it has become much more difficult to get into the points. With now With five and a half teams in the front half it will be even tougher for the rest."

Toro Rosso is already planning the next upgrades for Montreal and Barcelona.
The Power of Dreams!

runningmanz
runningmanz

Interesting comments from Barretto on the driver market for 2025

"RB in no rush to decide pairing

Tsunoda’s form this season has been so good, there would be no reason for RB to swap the Japanese driver out.

However, Red Bull motorsport adviser Helmut Marko is keen to put Liam Lawson in the car next season – which means either Tsunoda or Daniel Ricciardo must give way.

With Ricciardo seemingly turning a corner in form and Tsunoda accepting that promotion to the works Red Bull team is unlikely to ever happen, it is understandable that Tsunoda’s team are assessing their options elsewhere on the grid.

Tsunoda hinted that there’s no reason for him to move right now, given the strength of the car. “We’re the strongest team in the midfield,” he said.

“When I’m at Red Bull, I’ll always aim for Red Bull. If they don’t want me, if I get an interesting offer that is better than VCARB or Red Bull then I’ll think about it. But I’m loyal to Red Bull.”

Tsunoda has been performing well so far in 2024

If Tsunoda keeps delivering, that will make it hard for RB to make the call to swap him out for Lawson.

Ricciardo says he hasn’t talked to RB CEO Peter Bayer, RB Team Principal Laurent Mekies, Red Bull boss Christian Horner or Marko about his future beyond this year “yet”.

“Although the season is looking better than the first few races, I know there is more to come from me,” he told me. “Miami was an outstanding half a weekend so I know I can do it – now it’s about doing it more often.

“To perform at a high level more consistently, that’s what I still want to be showing and I haven’t showed enough of. Focus on those things first, focus on what I’ve got to do – and then we’ll see where the wind takes us.”

Red Bull and RB are believed to rate Ricciardo highly and it is understood the Australian is very much in their plans for 2025."

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... BaA6L6tWl9

Wouter

Some quotes translated from the German Kleine Zeitung:

https://www.kleinezeitung.at/sport/moto ... erste-wahl

Red Bull also wants Sergio Perez for 2025: “He is our first choice”

Before the Monaco Grand Prix, the driver carousel in Formula 1 is once again a big topic. Red Bull Racing wants to make a decision before the summer break.

“Discussions are ongoing and Checo is still our first option. We want to be clear about this before the summer break, even if we are certainly not putting any pressure on ourselves.”

Recently there have been repeated rumors about Yuki Tsunoda's departure. According to media reports, the Japanese should look around because he sees no opportunities for advancement in the bull stable.
“Of course he is also part of conversations,” reassures Marko, who thinks highly of the Japanese.
“In general, we have several options in his contract so that he can be committed for several years.

NB. Red Bull motorsport adviser Helmut Marko is keen to put Liam Lawson in the RB VCARB car next season.
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

It will be an exciting qualification! Yuki at the moment as quick as Russell, Sainz and Norris within 0,022 sec!
Will he make it to Q3? What happened with Ricciardo? Didn't he do quali rounds? Did he do a longrun?

The Power of Dreams!

Bill
Bill

Wouter wrote:
25 May 2024, 13:59
It will be an exciting qualification! Yuki at the moment as quick as Russell, Sainz and Norris within 0,022 sec!
Will he make it to Q3? What happened with Ricciardo? Didn't he do quali rounds? Did he do a longrun?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GObABQ4XQAE ... name=small
[/quote
Yuki and alonso are on the hard though

Wouter

Wow, Yuki P8 in a VCARB 01! \:D/ =D> Good luck tomorrow for a point or two.

The Power of Dreams!

Elite
Elite

Ricciardo is getting absolutely clobbered by Yuki this season. And its not like the quali gaps are small or anything :oops:

Wouter

The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

What a boooooring race, but 4 points for the team 🎉 🥳!! =D> =D> =D>

The Power of Dreams!

CaribouBread
CaribouBread

Tsunoda could've stopped for a smoke the way he was going! Haha well deserved points!