2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FNTC
FNTC

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

Both HAAS cars are disqualified from quali for too large DRS openings. So 13 and 14 for Aston then I believe.

PinkFloydPulse

xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:24
diffuser wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:34
xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:21

Next time do you want to say that the car is perfect and will fight for pole? Sorry, that's not who I am. I tell the truth. I've seen the onboards and it continues to have this front end that doesn't bite mechanically, furthermore you can also see that in addition to understeer there is also power steering and this is especially noticeable in sector 3. Currently the balance of the car is terrible. We need to analyze things in an impartial way without being fans, here no one is insulting or anything, we are just analyzing what we see. Then you can agree or not
You don't tell the truth, you tell your opinion, not sure it's the truth.

Looking at the data, the AMR front end looks supper pointed. it's why the back seems so weak. Alonso it making all his time staying on the nose of the car.
I
As you can see, I was right. So next time before speaking, look at the onboards and understand how I did it. Aston Martin's step backwards is evident, they were the team that updated the most but they are also behind Alpine now, what would the defenses be? None. Here we need to implement a small revolution to wake up the team like Ferrari and Mercedes did.
You were not right, but I guess you wish you were… Traffic cost Alonso a sure entry to Q2… The track hides a bit the cars weaknesses and if they managed to position the car a bit better he would have been through to Q2… Probably no Q3, but still better than the current result. You have given ZERO evidence of anything you say, it’s only that you are right and everyone else is wrong…
Team Fernando!

issey
issey

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

issey wrote:
25 May 2024, 21:45
Its Monaco they should have know can't put everything at last lap. Alonso (Aston) wasn't fast or competitive at whole week. They wasn't even close to last year q3 time which a shame honestly, because every team was 1 sec faster than last year.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https% ... d6182496db

issey
issey

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
26 May 2024, 00:00
issey wrote:
25 May 2024, 21:45
Its Monaco they should have know can't put everything at last lap. Alonso (Aston) wasn't fast or competitive at whole week. They wasn't even close to last year q3 time which a shame honestly, because every team was 1 sec faster than last year.

https://www.reddit.com/media?url=https% ... d6182496db
Yes because Alonso didn’t reach Q3, you can’t compare Q1 lap with Q3. Lap Stroll improved his lap about 1sec compared to last year. Both Stroll and Alonso suffered from traffic in their final lap

peewon

Vanja #66 wrote:
25 May 2024, 18:15
Stroll Sr and his impatience is more than likely the biggest issue for the team. We've seen it with Ferrari and McLaren in the last 15 years, you can't skip steps, progress has to be built from the ground up. Updates not working as intended feel rushed and insufficiently worked on, as if there's pressure to bring new parts asap every weekend. That's not the way you win titles in F1
While the pressure from Stroll is real, I dont think they have rushed any updates. They have been in line with other teams and even last year, the first big change wasnt until Canada. I have been paying attention to and been concerned by the statements put out by their technical staff since last year ever since Fallows was cribbing about the strictness of the rules. That was an immediate red flag for me. Their whole demeanor suggests they dont have a coherent concept that they can improve upon.

Compared to Mclaren who started at the back of the grid last year. They confidently stated they knew what was wrong, what changes needed to be done and the timeline they would do them in. They were bang on with their timeline and the updates immediately worked on a sprint weekend. AM in contrast have made excuses with sprint weekends, tires being changed by Pirelli, tracks no suiting their car. I remember at the end of last season, they were saying how 2024 will be the first car their 'new' technical department would have bult from scratch. Now they're worse. Honestly it all sounds like job preservation tactics.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik

peewon wrote:
26 May 2024, 00:27
Vanja #66 wrote:
Stroll Sr and his impatience is more than likely the biggest issue for the team. We've seen it with Ferrari and McLaren in the last 15 years, you can't skip steps, progress has to be built from the ground up. Updates not working as intended feel rushed and insufficiently worked on, as if there's pressure to bring new parts asap every weekend. That's not the way you win titles in F1
While the pressure from Stroll is real, I dont think they have rushed any updates. They have been in line with other teams and even last year, the first big change wasnt until Canada. I have been paying attention to and been concerned by the statements put out by their technical staff since last year ever since Fallows was cribbing about the strictness of the rules. That was an immediate red flag for me. Their whole demeanor suggests they dont have a coherent concept that they can improve upon.

Compared to Mclaren who started at the back of the grid last year. They confidently stated they knew what was wrong, what changes needed to be done and the timeline they would do them in. They were bang on with their timeline and the updates immediately worked on a sprint weekend. AM in contrast have made excuses with sprint weekends, tires being changed by Pirelli, tracks no suiting their car. I remember at the end of last season, they were saying how 2024 will be the first car their 'new' technical department would have bult from scratch. Now they're worse. Honestly it all sounds like job preservation tactics.
I honestly try to be positive and i believe that car is fast, looks like the performance be there, but, they cant explore because they need ajust the setup to minimize the understeer and the rear tires overheat. I think they know how solve that and this updates is cooking, but not finished yet, and they are adding new other parts already scheduled. I remember what Alonso said last week: the balance is the problem and we have ideias and pieces to solve that, but they are not in here yet." I really dont know what think about this team, i dont know if they are lying and they are complete lost, i dont know if tell us the truth. Alonso looks like absolute pieceful about it and we know him

xReVo
xReVo

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
25 May 2024, 21:23
xReVo wrote:
25 May 2024, 19:24
diffuser wrote:
25 May 2024, 02:34

You don't tell the truth, you tell your opinion, not sure it's the truth.

Looking at the data, the AMR front end looks supper pointed. it's why the back seems so weak. Alonso it making all his time staying on the nose of the car.
I
As you can see, I was right. So next time before speaking, look at the onboards and understand how I did it. Aston Martin's step backwards is evident, they were the team that updated the most but they are also behind Alpine now, what would the defenses be? None. Here we need to implement a small revolution to wake up the team like Ferrari and Mercedes did.
You were not right, but I guess you wish you were… Traffic cost Alonso a sure entry to Q2… The track hides a bit the cars weaknesses and if they managed to position the car a bit better he would have been through to Q2… Probably no Q3, but still better than the current result. You have given ZERO evidence of anything you say, it’s only that you are right and everyone else is wrong…
Reread my message and understand what I meant. I never said they were fighting for Q1, I also wrote previously that without problems it would have been a 10th place car in Q3. I wrote that the car would not have fought for pole because in addition to having enormous understeer (which can also be seen from Bahrain when comparing the two fastest laps in 2023 and 2024, due to the mechanics of the front suspension) also had enormous oversteer and this could already be seen from the onboards on Friday. And you all went against me "ehhh what are you saying, you don't understand anything F1 etc." So before talking to people who have followed F1 for a long time, try to see the onboards as I do and then judge. Having said this, for me the problem as I have already said several times (it's my opinion, let's be clear) Aston's problem is not aerodynamic but mechanical (and the rear suspension has nothing to do with it), the whole car is mechanically terrible and clearly in a team there is someone who deals with exactly this and it is he who made a mistake for me (you know who I am referring to), because the aerodynamics of the car seem quite good (even if this continues getting the updates wrong makes me doubt this too)

diffuser

Rikrikrik wrote:
26 May 2024, 01:41
peewon wrote:
26 May 2024, 00:27
Vanja #66 wrote:

I honestly try to be positive and i believe that car is fast, looks like the performance be there, but, they cant explore because they need ajust the setup to minimize the understeer and the rear tires overheat. I think they know how solve that and this updates is cooking, but not finished yet, and they are adding new other parts already scheduled. I remember what Alonso said last week: the balance is the problem and we have ideias and pieces to solve that, but they are not in here yet." I really dont know what think about this team, i dont know if they are lying and they are complete lost, i dont know if tell us the truth. Alonso looks like absolute pieceful about it and we know him
You don't have to do anything, if they're telling the truth, it will come out in the upgrades. It is also possible that they "think" they know what the problem is and they're wrong. If you think it's hard to figure out how to find the problem with all that data they have. Imagine how hard it is for us with no data and no idea what they're doing.

diffuser

Alo_Fan wrote:
25 May 2024, 17:35
Sounds crazy, but could Briatore be team principal, at least in the interim? Pretty sure, Lawrence will sack Krack very imminently.
Remember what Stroll did with Otmar. He didn't fire him. He found Krack, brought him in and gave him some of Omar's responsibility. Then compared them. There is ways to evaluate people.

Waz
Waz

It's not just the car that's an issue though. This team can't run a GP properly if someone had a gun to their heads.

I don't just mean strategy. It's the approach to the whole weekend and the race. It's not just the conservative strategy choices but also the conservative execution of those decisions.

Their planning is atrocious on the same level as Ferrari was under Binotto and Mekies.

Their execution during Qualifying has been a weakness the whole time this team has been named Aston Martin.

And further with that, you can't win championships buying parts from the 4th best team. Ignore WCC positions the last couple of years, and engineering wise, Mercedes have been 4th at best. Again, that's more planning, and an astute TP should have spotted this in 2022 already.

PinkFloydPulse

Krack just seems to mellow somehow...
Team Fernando!

diffuser

Waz wrote:
26 May 2024, 09:56
It's not just the car that's an issue though. This team can't run a GP properly if someone had a gun to their heads.

I don't just mean strategy. It's the approach to the whole weekend and the race. It's not just the conservative strategy choices but also the conservative execution of those decisions.

Their planning is atrocious on the same level as Ferrari was under Binotto and Mekies.

Their execution during Qualifying has been a weakness the whole time this team has been named Aston Martin.

And further with that, you can't win championships buying parts from the 4th best team. Ignore WCC positions the last couple of years, and engineering wise, Mercedes have been 4th at best. Again, that's more planning, and an astute TP should have spotted this in 2022 already.
The goal has always been to build their own gearbox and rear suspension for 2026. So they’ll be buying them from Merc as long as they're buying MERC PUs.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Waz wrote:

Interesting that last year this time of the season nobody had problem with buying stuffs from top teams because Aston was decent! This year totally the opposite. Anyway till the Mercedes and Williams faster than Aston shouldn't looking for excuses. The Vcrab used and still use the half of Redbull and still was nowhere last year and not even fast as Redbull. If they just could use the last year Monaco spec car ,till could go in Q3 in 2024.

diffuser

OnEcRiTiCaL wrote:
26 May 2024, 13:15
Waz wrote:

Interesting that last year this time of the season nobody had problem with buying stuffs from top teams because Aston was decent! This year totally the opposite. Anyway till the Mercedes and Williams faster than Aston shouldn't looking for excuses. The Vcrab used and still use the half of Redbull and still was nowhere last year and not even fast as Redbull. If they just could use the last year Monaco spec car ,till could go in Q3 in 2024.
Agreed.