2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2024 Aston Martin | Aramco F1 Team

PinkFloydPulse wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:38
diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:32
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:29
He should say “I resign…”
Why do people always think that TPs are technical ? They're mangers, they don't make technical decisions. Performance problems fall on Dan Fall -owes :) .
Manager is in the end responsible for the team, it’s performance and to oversee and motivate his employees… Krack just seems too chill and mellow for that…

I have no idea if Krack is doing a good job or not. I just hope whoever decides to keep him or fire him isn't doing it based on his demeanor. Again, there are ways to evaluate people. Also remember the internal plan was always to fight for race wins starting in 2026.

I'm 80% certain that they had few upgrades @ the beginning of last year cause of the move. They never used it as an excuse, though they could have. I'm not sure what else could be going on to impact things.

xReVo
xReVo

Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:40
yeah last thing the team needs is a revolving door like ferrari and mclaren (in past years). don't kid yourselves, the only reason vasseur is safe at ferrari for the time being is the car is half decent and the strategy is ok. if anything goes wrong he's the first one out. and someone else in. that's wrong because it doesn't solve the problem
It doesn't work like that, in 2022 they did everything wrong, in Canada their undercarriage fell while they were making the pit stop, horrendous strategies, the gun that the mechanic had left in Zandvoort and Perez Perez went upstairs with the car etc. A team principal has to wake up the team and keep everything in line. The strategies must be perfect, the pit stops etc. Then the performances can miss for any reason, but the team must always be 100% optimal. You should see the management of Todt and Brawn to get an idea, in a great team errors must be equal to 0.With Vasseur Ferrari found a solution just as they had with Arrivabene, they removed the bad apples and solved all the problems. Leclerc also recently changed chief mechanic and is back in perfect form. So it's all thanks to management by capable people, which is what is needed
Last edited by xReVo on 26 May 2024, 17:49, edited 1 time in total.

diffuser

selvam_e2002 wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:34
I think Stroll hit the wall hence he had a tyre issue.
He did, I saw it.

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:46
PinkFloydPulse wrote:
diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:32

Why do people always think that TPs are technical ? They're mangers, they don't make technical decisions. Performance problems fall on Dan Fall -owes :) .
Manager is in the end responsible for the team, it’s performance and to oversee and motivate his employees… Krack just seems too chill and mellow for that…

I have no idea if Krack is doing a good job or not. I just hope whoever decides to keep him or fire him isn't doing it based on his demeanor. Again, there are ways to evaluate people. Also remember the internal plan was always to fight for race wins starting in 2026.

I'm 80% certain that they had few upgrades @ the beginning of last year cause of the move. They never used it as an excuse, though they could have. I'm not sure what else could be going on to impact things.
Yes but there is no way in the world that you start as 5th strength and you are the team that spends the most and brings the most updates and slides to being Ninth strength. But let's not joke, come on

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:44
Nikosar wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:36
Mark Helmut stated Red Bull's correlation from track to simulator does not work and this is significant issue. Same issue impacting Aston since last year....
Since Newey left they have a lot of problems as I predicted, read my old posts, they risk losing the world championship. Aston Martin's goal in my opinion must be sign Newey at all costs. In 2023 if it hadn't been for the strategy, Alonso would have won the race and now he also finds himself behind the Alpine team. The decline is too evident and something must be done, there are no more excuses, they really risk becoming the last team on the grid, we absolutely need to intervene with drastic decisions and I am confident that they will do so. It's not a question of being children, F1 is a business and in this there are no friends. Having said that, a lot of people went against me and in the end I was right, I prepared my pillow and Alonso brought took the car home without doing any damage which was the only thing to do
Newey hasn't left. He's staying till first Quarter of 2025 then gardening leave.

diffuser

xReVo wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:51
diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:46
PinkFloydPulse wrote:

Yes but there is no way in the world that you start as 5th strength and you are the team that spends the most and brings the most updates and slides to being Ninth strength. But let's not joke, come on
There is a CAP, everybody spends the same.

If you spend 1 Million, 2 million or 3 million dollars on a new Aston Martin, you still can't drive it before they deliver it. The buildings aren't finished. Stop making sh*t up.

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL

Strange that Aston used flow-vis in Monaco. Is not the track where the separation really could work. Is something definitely not right with their correlation. I wouldn't be surprise if they problem not really the aero simulation, but the tyre behaviour and how the tyres react at upgrades. This could explain their early strong quali pace but awful race pace.

Alonso Fan

xReVo wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:49
Alonso Fan wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:40
yeah last thing the team needs is a revolving door like ferrari and mclaren (in past years). don't kid yourselves, the only reason vasseur is safe at ferrari for the time being is the car is half decent and the strategy is ok. if anything goes wrong he's the first one out. and someone else in. that's wrong because it doesn't solve the problem
It doesn't work like that, in 2022 they did everything wrong, in Canada their undercarriage fell while they were making the pit stop, horrendous strategies, the gun that the mechanic had left in Zandvoort and Perez Perez went upstairs with the car etc. A team principal has to wake up the team and keep everything in line. The strategies must be perfect, the pit stops etc. Then the performances can miss for any reason, but the team must always be 100% optimal. You should see the management of Todt and Brawn to get an idea, in a great team errors must be equal to 0.With Vasseur Ferrari found a solution just as they had with Arrivabene, they removed the bad apples and solved all the problems. Leclerc also recently changed chief mechanic and is back in perfect form. So it's all thanks to management by capable people, which is what is needed
that's all good and correct. i didn't say anything that disagrees with that
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Alonso Fan

diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:53
xReVo wrote:
Nikosar wrote:
Mark Helmut stated Red Bull's correlation from track to simulator does not work and this is significant issue. Same issue impacting Aston since last year....
Since Newey left they have a lot of problems as I predicted, read my old posts, they risk losing the world championship. Aston Martin's goal in my opinion must be sign Newey at all costs. In 2023 if it hadn't been for the strategy, Alonso would have won the race and now he also finds himself behind the Alpine team. The decline is too evident and something must be done, there are no more excuses, they really risk becoming the last team on the grid, we absolutely need to intervene with drastic decisions and I am confident that they will do so. It's not a question of being children, F1 is a business and in this there are no friends. Having said that, a lot of people went against me and in the end I was right, I prepared my pillow and Alonso brought took the car home without doing any damage which was the only thing to do
Newey hasn't left. He's staying till first Quarter of 2025 then gardening leave.
newey is on gardening leave right now. he's been shifted to the road car project. early 2025 is when his gardening leave finishes so he'll be free to join another team then. but i do agree him leaving has nothing to do with red bull's current struggles. the car red bull are running is still newey designed. any later season upgrades might not be and the bulk of next year's car might not be either. there's always 1 or 2 tracks they struggle at. this year it was monaco, last year singapore etc etc also someone was bound to catch them up sooner or later. newey is not a god
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Kamel
Kamel

+ 2 laps.. driving for nothing

Alonso Fan

Kamel wrote:
26 May 2024, 18:18
+ 2 laps.. driving for nothing
got some good data for sure. in a limited testing era every lap counts
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

KimiRai
KimiRai

Alonso:
"For the rest of the year, even 2025 and 2026, these last two races have been good to draw conclusions regarding what's to come."
Still not sure what he meant here, glass half full he refers to data they gathered, half empty he meant he lost hope

xReVo
xReVo

diffuser wrote:
26 May 2024, 17:53
xReVo wrote:
Nikosar wrote:
He no longer deals with development, he also recently stated that there are things about this RB that he doesn't like. For

KimiRai
KimiRai

Michael Schmidt from AMuS says Aston Martin has spoken to Newey & Lawrence Stroll has "realised that they need a man with vision in the technical office". According to AMuS, Ferrari would no longer be interested.

In my opinion Lawrence has lost trust in Fallows or at least him being on his own as leader.

(translated with google)
Last edited by KimiRai on 26 May 2024, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.

F1doc
F1doc

What a difference to last year, and not in a good way. Alonso played the team game and gapped Lance enough to negate any pit loss. Lance then went on to spoil the effort by clipping the barrier at the Nouvelle.

The soft spot I had for team Silverstone from the Jordan days has now gone.