2021 Mclaren F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Re: 2021 Mclaren F1 Team

SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 21:36
From Formula1.com

Race Pace doesn’t seem as bad as first impressions suggested:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202106 ... 36bf95.jpg

And Qualifying Simulations also look good for Mclaren:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202106 ... 51ecc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is this from 2019? :D :lol:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

CjC
CjC

SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 22:25
CjC wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 21:36
From Formula1.com

Race Pace doesn’t seem as bad as first impressions suggested:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202106 ... 36bf95.jpg

And Qualifying Simulations also look good for Mclaren:

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202106 ... 51ecc4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
EH??????
:? :? :?
They consider fuel / engine mode / amount of laps on the tires for their calculations… Of course it could be way off, but I believe Lando for example had his fastest lap in his 5th lap of his soft tire run… The Mercedes cars were also on what is now the “Friday” engines compared to the Honda cars and Renault who were in fresh engines (and probably higher engine modes to ensure there aren’t any issues with the new units).

But, sometimes (most often than not) their analysis is a little off, so I would take it with a grain of salt… Nevertheless, I do hope that is close to reality this time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yea they use that AWS stuff....
They were right in Imola when they said Norris would challenge for P3/4 (I can’t quite remember the exact position) and he did until he got his laptime deleted.

Thing is if you read what is written in the article it doesn’t correspond to the graphs.... so they loose creditability....

for example:

‘In qualifying trim, McLaren have a 0.18s advantage over Alpine. When it comes to race simulations, Alpine close the gap to McLaren to 0.02s. A tight fight, then, for best of the rest.’

The quali and race pace figures have swapped in the text to what is shown in the graphs so to me it’s screaming if they can’t write the article correctly what else have they done wrong within the article and formulating the graphs....?
Just a fan's point of view

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

2021 Mclaren F1 Team

CjC wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
18 Jun 2021, 22:25
CjC wrote:
EH??????
:? :? :?
They consider fuel / engine mode / amount of laps on the tires for their calculations… Of course it could be way off, but I believe Lando for example had his fastest lap in his 5th lap of his soft tire run… The Mercedes cars were also on what is now the “Friday” engines compared to the Honda cars and Renault who were in fresh engines (and probably higher engine modes to ensure there aren’t any issues with the new units).

But, sometimes (most often than not) their analysis is a little off, so I would take it with a grain of salt… Nevertheless, I do hope that is close to reality this time!

Yea they use that AWS stuff....
They were right in Imola when they said Norris would challenge for P3/4 (I can’t quite remember the exact position) and he did until he got his laptime deleted.

Thing is if you read what is written in the article it doesn’t correspond to the graphs.... so they loose creditability....

for example:

‘In qualifying trim, McLaren have a 0.18s advantage over Alpine. When it comes to race simulations, Alpine close the gap to McLaren to 0.02s. A tight fight, then, for best of the rest.’

The quali and race pace figures have swapped in the text to what is shown in the graphs so to me it’s screaming if they can’t write the article correctly what else have they done wrong within the article and formulating the graphs....?
I believe is a mistake because of writing it in a hurry… Probably because they usually post the Qualy pace first and then the Race pace, when Barreto wrote the article, he probably looked at graphs and simply wrote the notes down based on the usual order… I don’t think that takes credibility away from the data, maybe about the writer (but Lawrence isn’t the one that prepares the data, simply tries to put context to it).

MrGapes

https://twitter.com/FormulaNerds/status ... 9677460480

Gearbox issue with one of the cars, so they broke curfew

CjC
CjC

Bit of an odd one as I thought they ran a friday gearbox and then swap to a race gearbox anyway?
Just a fan's point of view

_cerber1

Details

adrianjordan

CjC wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 11:04
Bit of an odd one as I thought they ran a friday gearbox and then swap to a race gearbox anyway?
Wouldn't they use the race gearbox for FP3? If so, perhaps they installed it yesterday, ran some checks and discovered a problem.
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

MrGapes

Lando not happy with the balance... Daniel looking very good

Darth-Piekus

I am hearing good news about Ricciardo as they seem to have found something that fits Daniel. Let's see today what happens with Daniel. I am also expecting Norris to deliver but I am a little worried seeing FP3 so far but hoping they are just having the engine on low rev as the difference is huge to Mercedes and Red Bull at FP3 at the moment.

mwillems

The midfield is so tight, if we improve in Q as we normally do then we have a great chance.

Fingers crossed.

Nice to see Carlos taking it to leclerc this weekend too.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

MrGapes

Not bad.... its going to be very tight, Not bad from Daniel either only 4 tenths off, still quite a chunk down on Lando, but better than Baku

Emag
Emag

Carlos had a very nice lap. Either way, looks better today so far.

_cerber1

2 sector

MrGapes

what's up in sector 2?.. losing time in chicane?... lack of straight line speed?

Emag
Emag

MrGapes wrote:
19 Jun 2021, 13:35
what's up in sector 2?.. losing time in chicane?... lack of straight line speed?
It should be noted, the difference is very small. 0.1s to Alpine (same to Sainz). And there's practically no difference at all with Aston and Williams (0.01).

Let's see how they rank in qualifying. Maybe they haven' turned the engine up yet.