Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Cold Fussion
Cold Fussion

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 Team 2012

Nando wrote:Funny thing is that compared to red bull they have done a better job in the three years then Red Bull did.
And now Red Bull have dominated the sport for the last three years.

There´s obviously no guarantee that Mercedes finally will produce a good car but it´s also no guarantee that they won´t.
Tides will turn as they always do in F1.
A distortion of reality. In 2009 they had a championship winning car which was utterly dominant for the first half of the year. In the preceding years they've gotten progressively worse compared to their rivals.

Nando
Nando

Start counting in 2010.

Otherwise we can start counting Red Bull since Stewart GP.
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

scuderiafan

Nando wrote:Start counting in 2010.

I think in this instance, including the BGP 001 is acceptable. The car hardly changed at all between 2009 and 2010. The only things that really changed were the paint and sponsors.
"You're so angry that you throw your gloves down, and the worst part is; you have to pick them up again." - Steve Matchett

Patiently waiting...

Nando
Nando

scuderiafan wrote:
Nando wrote:Start counting in 2010.

I think in this instance, including the BGP 001 is acceptable. The car hardly changed at all between 2009 and 2010. The only things that really changed were the paint and sponsors.
I think it was more then that. I remember Schumi getting a shorter chassis and i think all cars for 2012 season was lengthened because of the extra fuel they had to carry onboard.

Apart from front wing and maybe some other bits it looks like a completely new car. Even the monocoque

marcush.
marcush.

MGP is now only a mediocre team after losing Schumacher and I doubt they will encourage people to post 300 pages of drivel in just one racing season....so sometimes the loss of something has also its good sides...they may be hard to find but yet..

FoxHound

marcush. wrote:MGP is now only a mediocre team after losing Schumacher and I doubt they will encourage people to post 300 pages of drivel in just one racing season....so sometimes the loss of something has also its good sides...they may be hard to find but yet..
Mercedes are miles better off without Schumacher.

Especially when you consider they are getting a faster driver to replace MSC. Shrewd thinking on Mercedes side.
JET set

clipsy1H

marcush. wrote:MGP is now only a mediocre team after losing Schumacher and I doubt they will encourage people to post 300 pages of drivel in just one racing season....so sometimes the loss of something has also its good sides...they may be hard to find but yet..
not really ... Lewis is a good driver and with Nicole around i'm sure Merc get enough attention.... but yea ! he's not Schumacher ... people talk about Michael because of what he achieved.

But if we talk about speed track! Lewis is faster than Schumacher (In McLaren ... i don't know if they was in a same team) We have to accept! Drivers like Lewis , Hulkenberg Grosjean Perez Vettel are the future

@exemple

what Michael did was normal.... they are friends and there wasn't any reason why Schu let be involved in Championship ... just think about if Michael without objective crash with Vettel? he's a world champion and know how hard you need to work for a title.

sidmiester
sidmiester

im so sorry michael because he deserved more... but cmon guys, michael himself admitted that he didnt want to continue. so we got lewis, we needed to end it right there.

anyway i think lewis will be very demanding, thats exactly kind of attitude we need in this team. i think lewis and nico is a great partnership, and it would be the first chassis designed by costa/elliot under the leadership of bell, so i am expecting some good things from this team.

and lauda appointment is a good thing, he was very straightforward that W03 was nowhere near compettitive and they needed to go back to drawing board. i am expecting some good things from W04. maybe not like as competitive as bulls or mclarens or ferraris, but consistently good, like lotus of this year.
wih lauda i am expecting some serious scrutiny ... because our board has gone too soft so far... we need some montezemolo-like- treatment from zetche!

atleast i am expecting improvements on race pace...

with bigois/john owen/bell i didnt have same confidence, but with costa/elliot/bell i do. i think they will improve, and hope this team will change in the lower division as well, because team has remained unchanged for quite a while except at the top level;technical heads, they need to change at lower division as well. well janaury testing cant come soon enough

does anyone know when will be w04 unveiling?

marcush.
marcush.

FoxHound wrote:

Especially when you consider they are getting a faster driver to replace MSC. Shrewd thinking on Mercedes side.
is it a FACT that lewis is faster? And even if he is ,it did not show in the points standings really in the sum of the lasat three years compared to Button ...who was declared a complete loss of brains to go to mclaren and take up the gauntlet..
I´expect Hamilton to get the upper hand of Rosberg on speed but i´m not sure if he will score more points.But we have three years to watch how this unfolds...maybe.
I don´t think they are better off -i think this leads to a quick MGP off formula 1...

Nando
Nando

You´ll see next year.

example
example

He outqualified the whole field this season. Give him a car that can finish and you'll see.

ScottB
ScottB

marcush. wrote:
FoxHound wrote:

is it a FACT that lewis is faster? And even if he is ,it did not show in the points standings really in the sum of the lasat three years compared to Button ...who was declared a complete loss of brains to go to mclaren and take up the gauntlet..
I´expect Hamilton to get the upper hand of Rosberg on speed but i´m not sure if he will score more points.But we have three years to watch how this unfolds...maybe.
I don´t think they are better off -i think this leads to a quick MGP off formula 1...
Considering Hamilton lost 75 points from either breaking down or being punted off the track while heading for victory (ignoring other failures, pit stop screw ups etc) to suggest Button was on par with him this year is a bit much. Button is still an excellent driver however, but Lewis is in the very top drawer. I expect him to leave Rosberg in the dust, who lets be honest didn't exactly shine against Schumi...

beelsebob
beelsebob

ScottB wrote:
marcush. wrote:
FoxHound wrote:Mercedes are miles better off without Schumacher.

Considering Hamilton lost 75 points from either breaking down or being punted off the track while heading for victory (ignoring other failures, pit stop screw ups etc) to suggest Button was on par with him this year is a bit much. Button is still an excellent driver however, but Lewis is in the very top drawer. I expect him to leave Rosberg in the dust, who lets be honest didn't exactly shine against Schumi...
More like 150-160... http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=14290

diego1960

Ι kind of am with marcush on this one. Lewis might be faster than MSC, and so a bit faster than Nico too, but all in all I am not sure he is the right choice for Merc. He is certainly a talented individual but comes with a lot of "baggage", meaning unstable character, questionable professionalism and low patience and dont forget the "clan" as well as "Daddy the former manager". Is that what Mercedes really needs? Sure he is a world champion and possibly (in a tie with Vettel) the fastest driver around. Is that enough? I think Mercedes made a mistake by letting Schumacher go, apart from his age which is a problem for everyone apart from him and the team, he was much more focused, professional and willing to endure the bad cars without the team having one extra headache from a driver that can't stop talking to the press.

Anyway, that is my opinion and before you get me wrong, I like Hamilton as a driver, my problem is with Hamilton the man, at least with the man we see on TV to be fair.
"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose." - Ayrton Senna

Joie de vivre

Schumacher wasn't decided yet to race or not. Mercedes couldn't let go the best driver - Hamilton.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQv5sVYdTaA[/youtube]

This speaks for itself.

Also: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =1&t=14214

In a tie with Vettel? More with Alonso.

Mercedes had to hire Hamilton because he gets full potential out of car, the same way Alonso does. Where would Mclaren or Ferrari be without them (yes, also Vettel, but we argued about this before somewhere else, that he was equal with Webber in first half of season when they didn't have sophisticated exhaust and wishbone DDRS ...).

Hamilton was the best choice for them. Even Didi Mateschitz stated if Vettel leaves RedBull, he would like to see Alonso or Hamilton racing for them.

Btw, we made it to 300 =D>