Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
McMrocks
McMrocks

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

What was Button complaining about at team radio? I did not understand him.

astracrazy
astracrazy

kers failure?

internetf1fan
internetf1fan

Today's race is why I am glad Lewis is leaving McLaren. Sure he won the race, but the fact that he will never get the support he needs compared to Vettel and Alonso means he's always on the back foot. Can you imagine McLaren doing to Button what Ferrari did to Massa to help Hamiltons WDC chances? Nope. Their equality policy is not working. How many championships have they won in the last decade? The only WDC came in 2008 due to the fact that Hamilton was a de facto #1. Even with a car that is clearly not the best Alonso is in the hunt for WDC exactly because they treat him with priority.

Bye McLaren. Enjoy another decade of not winning anything.

Nando
Nando

Gotta love Martin.... He´s like Teflon when --- hits the fan but when it´s all flowing and winning he´s up there soaking every last bit out of it :)
"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

McMrocks
McMrocks

internetf1fan wrote:Today's race is why I am glad Lewis is leaving McLaren. Sure he won the race, but the fact that he will never get the support he needs compared to Vettel and Alonso means he's always on the back foot. Can you imagine McLaren doing to Button what Ferrari did to Massa to help Hamiltons WDC chances? Nope. Their equality policy is not working. How many championships have they won in the last decade? The only WDC came in 2008 due to the fact that Hamilton was a de facto #1. Even with a car that is clearly not the best Alonso is in the hunt for WDC exactly because they treat him with priority.

Bye McLaren. Enjoy another decade of not winning anything.
Do you think Hamilton would be champion in 2010 or 2011 if Button would have helped him?

NathanOlder

Not in 2011, the RB7 was too strong. But 2010 definatly a good chance.

Anyway, Does anyone know why Mclaren were dressed up like a Penske this weekend ? was it just down to American publicity ? or is there something in it ? I most probably missed something.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

example
example

I really dont know what to make of MW. Is his decision making poor and thus he's not fit for his job, or he's just two-faced and has some kind of grudge against Lewis?

McMrocks
McMrocks

example wrote:I really dont know what to make of MW. Is his decision making poor and thus he's not fit for his job, or he's just two-faced and has some kind of grudge against Lewis?
A few minutes ago, I read an article in which Whitmarsh said that Hamilton is better in battles on track than Vettel is. So why do you think Whitmarsh is having a grudge against Lewis. As far as we know he really wanted to keep Hamilton at Woking.
Or do you know more than we? Do you know the reason why Hamilton is leaving McLaren?

example
example

McMrocks wrote:
example wrote:I really dont know what to make of MW. Is his decision making poor and thus he's not fit for his job, or he's just two-faced and has some kind of grudge against Lewis?
A few minutes ago, I read an article in which Whitmarsh said that Hamilton is better in battles on track than Vettel is. So why do you think Whitmarsh is having a grudge against Lewis. As far as we know he really wanted to keep Hamilton at Woking.
Or do you know more than we? Do you know the reason why Hamilton is leaving McLaren?
That's why I said he's two-faced. He likes to be in front of the camera. For example how long had took them to sort their pit stops? Horner and Domenicali are doing everything they can to help their title contender.
No I don't know the reason, but if I'm guessing he left because he did't feel comfortable in that team anymore.

Lurk

Did you see Lewis getting out of his car and ran to his team and Whitmarsh when he won? Lewis will always be welcome at Woking. It is just that at the moment, he needs to see something else and I understand that: he already spent more than half of his life with McLaren, that's pretty long.

I'm pretty sure he will come back to Woking before the end of his career.

dougskullery
dougskullery

Martin Whitmarsh did a Q&A a few days ago with American car blog Jalopnik. Some interesting bits of info that I haven't seen elsewhere, including a hint that Kimi was their first choice to replace Lewis, and an all-but confirmation that McLaren will be returning to sports car racing with a works team.

Wouldn't normally post an article this old, but nobody else seems to have picked up on it!

raymondu999

Interesting. That wouldn't be very nice for Sergio to know! :lol:

Can't say I'm really surprised that he was - though maybe Kimi might have bad memories? I don't know. Seeing what happened to Lewis at Abu Dhabi and Singapore can't have helped his morale, especially with his 2003/2005 McLarens breaking down all the time.

Whitmarsh does a lot of this though doesn't he? I remember back in 2010 he admitted that Vettel was the team's first choice to replace Alonso in 2008 (as opposed to Kovalainen): http://en.espnf1.com/mclaren/motorsport ... 28490.html
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

dougskullery wrote:Martin Whitmarsh did a Q&A a few days ago with American car blog Jalopnik. Some interesting bits of info that I haven't seen elsewhere, including a hint that Kimi was their first choice to replace Lewis, and an all-but confirmation that McLaren will be returning to sports car racing with a works team.

Wouldn't normally post an article this old, but nobody else seems to have picked up on it!
The question was "If Sergio wasn't available" then who?? And he said Kimi wasn't available but him...

He also said They want to make Checho World Champion Next season since he's the same Age as Lewis when he debuted.. (In another Article)he said; CHECO has more experience then Lewis at his same age and more talent.. So it will be interesting to see what CHECO can do seeing what Lewis did compare their first few seasons.. to each other since they both had their debut seasons at the same age for McLaren.. I'm goin to have fun comparing data as he season progresses..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

example
example

That's an insult to Lewis, because he was in a championship winning form this season.

sAx
sAx

KATO wrote:
dougskullery wrote:Martin Whitmarsh did a Q&A a few days ago with American car blog Jalopnik. Some interesting bits of info that I haven't seen elsewhere, including a hint that Kimi was their first choice to replace Lewis, and an all-but confirmation that McLaren will be returning to sports car racing with a works team.

The question was "If Sergio wasn't available" then who?? And he said Kimi wasn't available but him...

He also said They want to make Checho World Champion Next season since he's the same Age as Lewis when he debuted.. (In another Article)he said; CHECO has more experience then Lewis at his same age and more talent.. So it will be interesting to see what CHECO can do seeing what Lewis did compare their first few seasons.. to each other since they both had their debut seasons at the same age for McLaren.. I'm goin to have fun comparing data as he season progresses..
Can't see any useful comparison been made there, if we consider F1 race experience prior to McLaren debut. However if you insist, the more experienced and talented (really?) Checo at the same age, is looking to beat nine podiums, four wins and six poles in his signature McLaren year.
Integrity, Trust, Respect.

Follow me: http://twitter.com/#!/sAx247