Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
example
example

Re: Vodafone McLaren Team 2012

Points don't tell the full picture.

ringo

I think if the car is good as it is this last race, then Jenson has chance to fight for wins. However without hamilton as the instigator Jenson will have to be the one getting his hands dirty. That may lead to more battles and incidents just like Hamilton. I think mclaren's best hope is that they have a strong base for next year since nothing much will change.

But it's looking a bit dark for them. Button doesn't have the raw pace to attack. Mclaren need a dominant car. They need ferrari and redbull to have a weak car.
For Sure!!

Jackles-UK

Along with Alonso I personally feel that Lewis has been the pick of the field this season. Add the 75 points he was deprived of from today, Singapore & Abu Dhabi and he would have been right in the fight until the death (not even taking into account the dramas in Valencia, Catalunya & Spa!). Even when the car was not at its peak he managed to haul it over the line in decent points paying positions where Jenson has struggled (Canada instantly jumps to mind!). Jenson is without a doubt a top class driver but, as has been well noted in the past, he requires a car set up absolutely perfectly for him and his driving style to really match the big boys and this worries me a bit heading into 2013.

With an inconsistent Button and an unpredictable Perez I can envisage a fair few horror-show Quali sessions where Jenson can't quite hit the sweet spot and Sergio gets a bit hot-under-the-collar and overcooks it. Talk about a wet weather dream team though!

Nando
Nando

Interview with Whitmarsh, right click to view bigger size.

"Il Phenomeno" - The one they fear the most!

"2% of the world's population own 50% of the world's wealth."

KATO

Does anyone know when the team will gather and start to work for the winter..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

raymondu999

What makes you think they separated? I think teams generally give maybe a week break, tops, after the finale. Then it's back to work. Except for the Christmas-New Year break of course.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

KATO

raymondu999 wrote:What makes you think they separated? I think teams generally give maybe a week break, tops, after the finale. Then it's back to work. Except for the Christmas-New Year break of course.
Very kool I was hoping to hear something like IDE imagine they take week off and then a few days for Christmas and NewYears but I did not know.. Now what about the drivers when do they get Perez who isn't out of contract till 2013 and technecly Saubers Sponsors can still make him do some work as he still works for them. I know that McLaren let Hamilton start to go to the Mercedez base but I don't remember in what capacity. So it maid me wonder about Perez when will he start his work at McLaren when will be his "1st day on the job" officially..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Hail22

Its the last "Tooned" video I could find, thought it would be nice for the end of 2012 :)

Enjoy!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg2cz_83a_U[/youtube]

Why would Ron Dennis call his parrot "Cosworth" :?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

raymondu999

Hail22 wrote:Why would Ron Dennis call his parrot "Cosworth" :?
Because calling it "Mercedes," "Renault" or "Ferrari" would stir too much bad press! :lol:

On a more serious note - no idea.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

stefan_
stefan_

It's the last episode from this year's series, and a brilliant way to introduce Checo. Lewis choosing not to continue and Sergio coming out of the M-Ulator. Very good script.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Hail22

raymondu999 wrote:
Hail22 wrote:Why would Ron Dennis call his parrot "Cosworth" :?
Because calling it "Mercedes," "Renault" or "Ferrari" would stir too much bad press! :lol:

On a more serious note - no idea.
Should of just called the Parrot "Nigel" ;)
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve