Scuderia Ferrari 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Richard
Richard

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2013

The occasional off topic posts are OK, but the Raikkonen debate is gathering a life of its own. Mea culpa

Lets talk about Lotus team in the Lotus thread :arrow: http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... ead#unread

Miguel
Miguel

Kiril Varbanov wrote:More on Alonso's rift with SF while the 'insurance' RAI makes a seat test - http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/11/f ... 2014-seat/

Not to James Allen, who is usually quite fair, but I'm really laughing at the some bad journalism attempts to depict Alonso as the bad guy.
It's obvious this season has been nerve breaking for both Alonso and Ferrari, surprisingly much more so than 2012 with the early donkey or 2011. I believe it's due to unmet expectations. At China, The F-138 gave Alonso what was possibly his most comfortable race win since early 2006. With a car that kept the tyres and had plenty of fast corner downforce, they also won quite comfortably in Spain. At that point, and given previous history, even if Vettel was on the lead, it was hard not to see Alonso as having an extremely good shot at the title. From then on, the only other time Alonso has finished in front of Vettel was in Silverstone. Thanks to a DNF.

I would be pretty pissed too.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Hail22

Interview with Massimo Rivola (Scuderia Ferrari Motorsport Director) before the US GP:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9QSQyBVFdA[/youtube]
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Kiril Varbanov

James Allison reckons Ferrari can dominate again - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/25090235 - no quick fixes, however.

munudeges
munudeges

Probably a bit too early for them next year, but I have a lot of faith in James Allison if he's given the backing and the politics leave him alone.

mika vs michael
mika vs michael

Ferrari won't dominate in 2014 and will hardly be a frontrunner. Ferrari whenever there was a massive rule change, started from behind. When I write behind I mean 3rd-4rth in terms of speed/performance. Ferrari need the right man on the top to pull all the strings accordingly. James Allison may be a great asset-string but Ferrari lack the man who will pull the strings.
Ferrari need another Ross Brawn, they need another Jean Todt.
Things would have been different if Ross Brawn had been promoted back in 2006, when Jean Todt left the team. I don't believe they would have dominated the way Redbull did, but they could have won a championship or so...
"It is necessary to relax your muscles when you can. Relaxing your brain is fatal." Stirling Moss

I tried this and I had understeer, I tried that and I had oversteer, at the end of the corner I just run out of talent

Kiril Varbanov

Kiril Varbanov

According to Corriere Dello Sport, Ferrari will be dropping pull-rod at the front in 2014 - http://autosprint.corrieredellosport.it ... nti/11979/

munudeges
munudeges

Not surprised. I could never see James Allison keeping that on any of his cars.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

munudeges wrote:Not surprised. I could never see James Allison keeping that on any of his cars.
The decision to drop the front pull-rod, if it is true, happened long before Allison came to the team. Allison won't have much input on the initial actual design of the 2014 car, but will have more input on the first update package for the first GP and all in-season development will be his doing.

Miguel
Miguel

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
munudeges wrote:Not surprised. I could never see James Allison keeping that on any of his cars.
The decision to drop the front pull-rod, if it is true, happened long before Allison came to the team. Allison won't have much input on the initial actual design of the 2014 car, but will have more input on the first update package for the first GP and all in-season development will be his doing.
During the two front pullrod years, the Ferrari has looked much better in race trim than in qualifying trim. If we also consider the McLaren shared a similar trait this year, maybe that convinced Ferrari to abandon that route. Let's also see what sort of nose the 2014 Ferrari will have. Maybe that's dictated the front suspension geometry after all.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

Kiril Varbanov

AS conducted a poll among drivers asking for the best driver. Guess who won - http://motor.as.com/motor/2013/11/27/fo ... 37382.html

Miguel
Miguel

Kiril Varbanov wrote:AS conducted a poll among drivers asking for the best driver. Guess who won - http://motor.as.com/motor/2013/11/27/fo ... 37382.html
First of all, that poll is open, public, and ran by a yellow spanish tabloid. I started watching F1 in 94, which made me a Williams fan and an anti-schumi yingyang fanboy. Almost 20 years later, though, I'm not going to be blind again. Do I like Vettel? I can't stand his finger. But look at what he's done with Webber in qualy, where Webber had an essentially immaculate record. It's clear this boy is special.

Is Vettel the best? I don't know, but I've grown convinced that, in F1, being the very best doesn't matter anymore. He's good enough to win when the car is there, and even when guys like Hamilton and Alonso are nearby. There's no better compliment of his job than that.

munudeges
munudeges

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:The decision to drop the front pull-rod, if it is true, happened long before Allison came to the team. Allison won't have much input on the initial actual design of the 2014 car....
Not necessarily at all. If Allison sees something he doesn't like then it's going out. The pressure is on in that team and he cannot afford to wait to make changes. Ferrari don't have time on their side. Whatever though, the pull-rod adventure has been a failure.

Richard
Richard