Infiniti Red Bull Racing 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
skoop
skoop

Re: Infiniti RedBull Racing 2013

2 more key engineers are gone. this has to have some influence on the team. maybe not for 2014, but definately for 2015

LookBackTime
LookBackTime

Found this article written by Georgio Piola:

And yet it moves: the RB9 yields another secret.

http://blog.axisofoversteer.com/2013/12 ... r.html?m=1

Last edited by LookBackTime on 19 Dec 2013, 16:45, edited 1 time in total.

SectorOne

skoop wrote:2 more key engineers are gone. this has to have some influence on the team. maybe not for 2014, but definately for 2015
Yea it´s starting to ramp up quite a lot of guys now,
Red Bull has lost a further two employees to Mercedes as the Anglo-German outfit continues to bolster its technical department. Mark Ellis and Giles Wood, head of vehicle dynamics and chief engineer for simulation respectively, are considered key to Red Bull's success. They will both leave Red Bull at the end of the year, but won't be able to begin work at Mercedes until June next year, once their contracts have ended. Ellis will become Mercedes' performance director and Wood chief engineer for simulation and development. They are just two of several key losses at Red Bull. - See more at: http://www.f1times.co.uk/news/display/0 ... GIQv0.dpuf
Must be something like 5 guys that have left now?
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

skoop
skoop

i'm wondering why do so many engineers leave red bull? is it just becouse they don't get any credit and maybe wont get promoted as long as newey is the star over there? maybe it's the chance to be involved in making this team succsessfull? i think it's a combinaion of those 2, but who knows what's going on in the background (add dramatic sound here) :)

Holm86

skoop wrote:i'm wondering why do so many engineers leave red bull? is it just becouse they don't get any credit and maybe wont get promoted as long as newey is the star over there? maybe it's the chance to be involved in making this team succsessfull? i think it's a combinaion of those 2, but who knows what's going on in the background (add dramatic sound here) :)
Its natural. Personel leave teams all the time. Just nobody is making a big fuss when someone leaves Sauber or McLaren. Just because you work in the most succesful team at the time doesnt mean you dont seek other challenges. Or if you could get a larger salery somewhere else.

irang
irang

lio007 wrote:Does anybody of you know what kind of job Pierre Wache is doing at RBR?
...and the technical team's latest recruit, Pierre Wache
Edit: Sorry, I forgot to post the link: http://www.infiniti-redbullracing.com/a ... ombination
Red Bull reshuffles after staff exits - "Wood had been Red Bull's chief simulation engineer, while Ellis was its head of vehicle dynamics. Pierre Wache will take over the latter role with immediate effect."

A press release for an answer. :mrgreen:

lio007

Nice to read about the spirit and philosophy at RBR from a real insider ;-)
It’s easy to assume that a racing driver operates without as much reliance on leadership but that’s not always the case. In Formula One you have a team of over 500 staff so good management and good delegation is very important. In my opinion Red Bull have proved that continuity is king. The policy at Red Bull is to have very little turnover of staff and drivers. Constant reshuffling in F1 is probably even more damaging than football as it’s so inefficient and expensive.

On paper, apart from Adrian Newey, Red Bull didn’t start with many big names. Their philosophy was not to poach people from rival teams but to build up from the bottom. Now many of the Red Bull guys are sought after by everyone else. Much of the success is down to unsung heroes who most people will never even hear about. Some of the emerging owners in football could benefit from a steady long term vision much like that of Red Bull. Lasting success doesn’t come overnight.
https://sportlobster.com/news/22516/pat ... an-co.html