Nino Farina and Pininfarina, 1950s F1

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
needmoretorque
needmoretorque

Nino Farina and Pininfarina, 1950s F1

As a threshold matter, I'm not sure if historic F1 questions should be here or off-topic. Feel free to PM if I am posting in the wrong place.

So, I read that Guiseppe Emilio "Nino" Farina was somehow related to the founder of Pininfarina? Can someone clarify the connection and whether Pininfarina had any input in Scuderia Ferrari's origin?

Thanks for any input, if someone knows the answer to this rather obscure (trivia?) question. :?:
Check out my project at http://www.gpevolved.com. I am attempting to retell the story of F1, one race at a time. Stop by for a taste of Formula 1 in the 1950s.

stefan_
stefan_

Re: Nino Farina and Pininfarina, 1950s F1

Nino Farina was the nephew of Batista Farina (who later became Batista Pinifarina by including his nickname "Pinin" into his last name) who was a designer and is the founder of the company (Carrozeria) Pinifarina.

Don't know if he had any involvment in the "origin" of the Scuderia, but his designs for Ferrari are his most famous ones.
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

needmoretorque
needmoretorque

Re: Nino Farina and Pininfarina, 1950s F1

Thank you. I guess I knew the background, but could not--for the life of me--figure out how "Pinin" got in the picture. I thought maybe what I heard was a mistake or I was remembering it wrong. So, thanks for clarifying!

I'd plus-one you if I had the ability, but it's still locked for me.
Check out my project at http://www.gpevolved.com. I am attempting to retell the story of F1, one race at a time. Stop by for a taste of Formula 1 in the 1950s.