Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TommyWTF1
TommyWTF1

Re: Scuderia Toro Rosso 2015

n04h f1
n04h f1

TommyWTF1 wrote:http://www.formula1.com/content/fom-web ... ivery.html

A yellow Toro Rosso? :shock:
From what the article says, TR would be bought by Renault, and re-branded as such.

BanMeToo
BanMeToo

Can someone explain to me why Red Bull and Renault didn't/don't now agree to place a big Renault logo on the Red Bull's engine cover? I know about the Renault Nissan Alliance, but how did Red Bull really end up as 'Infiniti RBR'? Why would Renault want to be branded on the inferior 'training ground' Red Bull team rather than fight to be represented on the 4x WCC team?

Hail22

This sort of livery would fit with the Renault branding? :)

Apologies in advance the person who made this did it based on the 2013 nose / exhaust specs :)

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

awizul

I do think the Red Bull branding will still dominate the next STR car livery. They just have to blend it with the 'yellow' of Renault just like when they're with Mild Seven and ING colours. These options would give Renault more branding exposure compared to their branding position at the back of Caterham's engine cover IMO.

#GoToroRosso :arrow:

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

i see nothing wrong with a yellow redbull/toro rosso,

matter of fact, i'd welcome a yellow car with open arms.

despite that, i think mr. Haas wouldn't really enjoy his plans of a yellow F1 livery are going down the drain thanks to Renault going all yellow again....but scr*w that, Renault earns their place as yellow in F1.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SectorOne

I don´t think you´ll see much of STR on the car if Renault decides to run two "yellow cars".
Something like this. How much Sauber do you see in this picture?
I see about 5 small letters saying Sauber on the side.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

MartijnA3
MartijnA3

Would love to see this livery on the STR10

Hail22

"If" Toro Rosso is purchased by Renault it'd be nice to have one of the following two liveries return to the grid:

If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Vasconia

The last livery is great, I would like to see it. But as far as I know this is an uncofirmed rumour, isnt it?

zeph
zeph

I don't know what the chances of Renault outright buying STR are, but one thing does not add up:

Renault/Nissan are one conglomerate, and Carlos Ghosn is CEO. A few years back he decided that Renault's F1 success with RBR should be utilized to endow their luxury brand Infiniti with pseudo-racing cred and prominence. Why on Earth would they do a 180 now and buy a team to stick a Renault badge on it? It would make more sense to brand it Infiniti and make it a legit racing marque.

bdr529

It's not a conglomerate, Renault and Nissan have a "Strategic Alliance" there 2 separate companies
Renault dose not own Nissan, what it dose have is 43% (voting) stake in Nissan, control but not ownership.
On the other side of the Alliance, Nissan as a 15% (non-voting) stake in Renault.
So it wouldn't make sense for Renault to incur the cost of owning and running an f1 team and then brand it Nissan or Infiniti,
Boosting Nissan's profile and overall share price wouldn't really be the best return on investment for Renault

zeph
zeph

bdr529 wrote: It's not a conglomerate, Renault and Nissan have a "Strategic Alliance" there 2 separate companies
Renault dose not own Nissan, what it dose have is 43% (voting) stake in Nissan, control but not ownership.
On the other side of the Alliance, Nissan as a 15% (non-voting) stake in Renault.
I'm sure you are correct. But they have one CEO, Carlos Ghosn. If he decides to utilize the combined might of the alliance to push Infiniti forward as their global luxury brand, then that is what happens.
bdr529 wrote: So it wouldn't make sense for Renault to incur the cost of owning and running an f1 team and then brand it Nissan or Infiniti,
Boosting Nissan's profile and overall share price wouldn't really be the best return on investment for Renault
By the same logic, it didn't make much sense to stick the Infiniti brand on the RBR when the power unit was in fact a Renault, and yet that's what happened.

I presume they think globally, and don't view it as a matter of Renault footing the bill for a Nissan brand. It would be the "alliance" (read: Ghosn) doing what is best for all. Infiniti has solid recognition as luxury/performance brand in North America, and the target has been to extend that to other markets. Buying an F1 team is actually a pretty cost-effective way of increasing brand recognition, and Infiniti would have much more to gain than Renault itself.

I don't think decisions at that level are emotional. Renault and Nissan will never be luxury/performance brands, competing with BMW, Mercedes-Benz and Audi, but Infiniti has proven it can be. The alliance needs to compete in that market segment, and if an Infiniti F1 team helps accomplish that goal, I doubt Ghosn and the board would be sentimental about ditching the Regié's history and name.

edit: fixed typos
Last edited by zeph on 20 Apr 2015, 05:26, edited 1 time in total.

jericho

I was suprised with Toro Rosso this race. They didn't have the pace, but strategy was also very bad. Too bad they didn't have a good car too fight for the points, Max had a tough weekend, Sainz made some mistakes.. Forget this race and let's go again!!

Vasconia

Sainz is impressing me more and more each race, faultless and precise driving in Monaco, both on qualy and race. =D>

Verstappen needs to calm down, he is really fast but he was driving on a "overexcited" mode. That accident could have been something worse.