Sauber F1 Team 2015

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u
416
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

Image

Team: Sauber F1 Team
Base: Hinwil, Zurich, Switzerland
Team principal: Monisha Kaltenborn
Technical director(s): ??
Website: http://www.sauberf1team.com

Race drivers: 9 Image Marcus Ericsson & 12 Image Felipe Nasr

Test drivers : Image Raffaele Marciello

Chassis: C34
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo

2014 position: 10th (0 pts)

Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2015 Sauber - Ferrari F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2015 Sauber - Ferrari C34 F1 CAR: Click HERE
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
416
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

as already been stated elsewhere, but

http://www.worldcarfans.com/11501268784 ... y---report
Sauber set for blue and yellow livery - report

Sauber looks set to swap its white and grey livery for prominent blue and yellow for the 2015 season.

That is the claim of the Portuguese-language publication Universo, claiming the Swiss team's colour choice is in deference to new driver Felipe Nasr's major backer Banco do Brasil.

Last year, 22-year-old rookie Brazilian and former Williams reserve Nasr finished the GP2 season in third place with the striking blue and yellow Banco do Brasil-branded Carlin car.

Universo also reported a tale of mere survival for Sauber over the winter, having momentarily stopped developing the new C34 car due to running out of funds.

In 2015, Nasr's teammate will be the similarly well-backed Marcus Ericsson, who switches from the ailing backmarker Caterham.

The publication said the delayed development, with Sauber only receiving its new 2015 engines from Ferrari on Saturday, could mean the team has to sit out the first winter test at Jerez.

Sauber has also not announced a launch date for the C34, but when contacted, the Hinwil based team told Universo that it is "working to have the car ready for the first test in Jerez".

As for the money issue, Sauber insisted the team "does not discuss financial matters in public".

Swede Ericsson, meanwhile, was quoted by Speed Week: "The team had a disappointing 2014, no doubt, but everyone is eager to fight back and show everyone that they can do a good job."
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

User avatar
Cuky
64
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:41 pm
Location: Rab, Croatia

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

New promotional partner for Sauber F1 Team as Carbon-connect AG joins in
http://www.sauberf1team.com/en/season/n ... -f1-teams/

User avatar
Morteza
2279
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach
Sevach
878
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:00 pm

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

2 or 3 more stripes and you're set Sauber...

mkable1370
mkable1370
6
Joined: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:29 pm

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

Post

Sauber filming day at Barcelona...

Image

Image
(images courtesy of formulaspy.com)

User avatar
dodds_turbo
8
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2014 9:45 pm

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

Raffaele Marciello (GP2 driver) to have some time in the Sauber C34 at FP1 at Sepang, the Malaysian Grand Prix.

I presume this is because of his Ferrari connections (he is a Ferrari Junior?)? Motorsport.com say he had some practice with Ferrari last year at the post-season Abu Dhabi test.

Source: Motorsport.com (http://bit.ly/1zXJ5xn)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
416
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: Sauber C34 Ferrari

Post

mkable1370 wrote:Sauber filming day at Barcelona...

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/Matth ... m.jpg.html

http://s1056.photobucket.com/user/Matth ... d.jpg.html
(images courtesy of formulaspy.com)
that's what im talking about 8)
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

User avatar
WaikeCU
71
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: Sauber F1 Team 2015

Post

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/van-d ... st-sauber/

Right before the eve of the new season, Giedo Van Der Garde is taking desperate measures towards a race seat at Sauber next year. The Swiss court has already judged that Giedo is in his right. Now Giedo is launching further legal actions against Sauber.

If it turns out that Sauber is in fault, then expect a fine and Giedo back at Sauber. If they have to get rid of Nasr and put Giedo in the race seat, I think Sauber will be declared bankrupt. In reality, if the court decides that Sauber is in fault, then I believe Sauber will have to hire Giedo back, before sacking him and re-hire Nasr again. Then the future of Sauber may be saved. That's what I think.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig
55
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Post

For those who seek the weekly F1 farce, De Telegraaf report that Giedo Van Der Garde is taking Sauber to court in Melbourne on Monday.

They report that he has a (fully paid for) contract to race this season and wants the court to invoke it.

*edit* Adelaide Now report that he's already won a hush hush case in Switzerland who ordered Sauber to run him, but they're ignoring it.
"In early November 20l4, Mr van de Garde was informed by Sauber's Chief Executive Officer, Ms Monisha Kaltenborn, that Sauber's two seats had been given to other drivers and that, as a consequence, Mr van der Garde would not have a place as a driver in the team in 2015," the documents claim. Mr van der Garde originally took his case to the Arbitration Institution in Switzerland, which ordered Sauber keep him on the team.

"The Respondent was ordered to refrain from taking any action the effect of which would be to deprive Mr van der Garde of his entitlement to participate in the 2015 Formula One Season as one of Sauber's two nominated race drivers," court documents claim.
But Sauber's website produced ahead next week's race lists three other drivers — Marcus Ericsson, Felipe Nasr and Raffaele Marciello — as the team's preferred starters
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/mot ... 7249857089

Lasse-E
Lasse-E
2
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:55 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Post

Jonnycraig wrote:For those who seek the weekly F1 farce, De Telegraaf report that Giedo Van Der Garde is taking Sauber to court in Melbourne on Monday.

They report that he has a (fully paid for) contract to race this season and wants the court to invoke it.

*edit* Adelaide Now report that he's already won a hush hush case in Switzerland who ordered Sauber to run him, but they're ignoring it.
With Monisha Kaltenborn as Chief Executive Officer, it would be a bit for a surprise if he wins that case. She does after all hold a Masters' Degree in International Business Law, one would think that she would know how to compose a contract.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig
55
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Post

Lasse-E wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote:For those who seek the weekly F1 farce, De Telegraaf report that Giedo Van Der Garde is taking Sauber to court in Melbourne on Monday.

They report that he has a (fully paid for) contract to race this season and wants the court to invoke it.

*edit* Adelaide Now report that he's already won a hush hush case in Switzerland who ordered Sauber to run him, but they're ignoring it.
With Monisha Kaltenborn as Chief Executive Officer, it would be a bit for a surprise if he wins that case. She does after all hold a Masters' Degree in International Business Law, one would think that she would know how to compose a contract.
Except the Arbitration Institute of Switzerland have already ruled in his favour..

User avatar
WaikeCU
71
Joined: Tue May 13, 2014 11:03 pm

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Post

Hope this doesn't look like a carbon copy of Jos Verstappen-Arrows case back in 2002. Jos Verstappen sued Arrows for a breach in contract. Arrows were in a financial struggle. They even didn't appear on races halfway the 2002 season. Drivers were deliberately failing to qualify for the French GP. Arrows went into liquidation at the end of that season.

Lasse-E
Lasse-E
2
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:55 pm
Location: Denmark

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Post

Jonnycraig wrote: Except the Arbitration Institute of Switzerland have already ruled in his favour..
Have not been able to find any other sources of that and the wording in that article is rather weak,
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au wrote: Mr van der Garde originally took his case to the Arbitration Institution in Switzerland, which ordered Sauber keep him on the team.
Keep him on the team could be 2 reserve driver...

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig
55
Joined: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:48 pm

Re: 2015 Australian Grand Prix - Melbourne

Post

Lasse-E wrote:
Jonnycraig wrote: Except the Arbitration Institute of Switzerland have already ruled in his favour..
Have not been able to find any other sources of that and the wording in that article is rather weak,
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au wrote: Mr van der Garde originally took his case to the Arbitration Institution in Switzerland, which ordered Sauber keep him on the team.
Keep him on the team could be 2 reserve driver...
"The Respondent was ordered to refrain from taking any action the effect of which would be to deprive Mr van der Garde of his entitlement to participate in the 2015 Formula One Season as one of Sauber's two nominated race drivers," court documents claim.

That's pretty unequivocal.

Equally I'm not surprised there aren't any other sources as the local paper have found that out from court documents that have been filed in support of VDG's case. Clearly it's all been going on quietly behind the scenes until now.