2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Racer X

2016 Force India Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Team: Force India Racing F1 Team
Base: Silverstone, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Vijay Mallya (CEO), Bob Fernley, Otmar Szafnauer (COO)
Technical director(s): Andrew Green
Race drivers: 11 Image Sergio Pérez & 27. Image Nico Hulkenberg

Test drivers : TBA

Chassis: VJM09

Engine: Mercedes V6 Turbo

2015 position: 5th (67 pts) [ Sahara Force India ]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2016 Force India Racing F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2016 Aston Martin VJM009 F1 CAR: CLICK HERE

(original post made by Manoah2u, post from Racer X below)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://gtspirit.com/2015/11/20/aston-ma ... rs-emerge/
"Fresh renders have emerged showing how the Aston Martin F1 team and car would look like should the Force India – Aston Martin rebranding deal go through successfully."__gtspirit.com

Possible livery for next season if Aston Martin rebranding happens.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

trinidefender

Re: Force India VJM09 Mercedes Speculation Thread

Why wouldn't it be British racing green? That would be a nice colour to add to the mix.

Mr Brooksy

I really like the look personally! Unless they can do better than that gorgeous JaguarF1 livery from the 00s I'd be leaving green alone.

If the deal goes ahead, and Mr Mallaly is removed from the team I'll have a second team to cheer for behind Williams.
WilliamsF1 fan since 1989

IamLegend

Compared to this year's livery and looks, the new colors aren't very exciting and that Union Jack adds to the misery IMO. Haters are gonna hate, Dr.Mallya is here to stay. :twisted:

Racer X

IamLegend wrote:Compared to this year's livery and looks, the new colors aren't very exciting and that Union Jack adds to the misery IMO. Haters are gonna hate, Dr.Mallya is here to stay. :twisted:

I love the Union Jack it adds a bit of a BOND feel to the car. Like they could put this car in a movie somehow and it would make a great Bond Car.

I love the livery but yeah it only slightly changes from the current look.

So compared to Force Indias current look not much change but when you sit the car next to the other cars. It look quite good so all and all I love it.

I hope this is their livery.

IamLegend

Racer X wrote:
IamLegend wrote:Compared to this year's livery and looks, the new colors aren't very exciting and that Union Jack adds to the misery IMO. Haters are gonna hate, Dr.Mallya is here to stay. :twisted:

I love the Union Jack it adds a bit of a BOND feel to the car. Like they could put this car in a movie somehow and it would make a great Bond Car.

I love the livery but yeah it only slightly changes from the current look.

So compared to Force Indias current look not much change but when you sit the car next to the other cars. It look quite good so all and all I love it.

I hope this is their livery.
It changes the look of the car a lot, IMO I'd rather see the Tri colors from the flag of my country around the car like it is presently than the flag of the geriatric colonials. I understand the change will bring in more money to the team and so compromises have to be done and this is exactly that. The nostrils also gave it that aggressive look, I better order my diecast once it's available with the current spec car.

NAPI10

I think most anticipated livery of 2016 will be Lotus and FI (or AM).

raksf1

http://gptoday.com/full_story/view/5489 ... Ownership/

2016, F1, Force India, Formula 1, Formula One, Sponsorship
Formula One: EXCLUSIVE – Diageo Claim Force India F1 Team Ownership

Racer X

I just rear your article and wow. The end Force India is definitely going to happen I Dont see Johny walker keeping the name. Not possible why would you take over the team and leave some one else's name.

Okey so either next season it's

Johnny Walker GP or Aston Martin.

NAPI10

Mallya is holding only 42.5% of stake in FI. Diageo won't become majority stakeholder to decide team name; not that straight forward.

raksf1

Rumors have been circulating that Force India's Mercedes powerplant may be rebranded as an Aston Martin.

Skippon

FIF1s Mercedes power unit will always be Mercedes....
Its also I believe part of the PU contract that a competing brand cannot be advertised on a car powered by Mercedes - so I'd take all such Aston rumours with a pinch of salt.

FrukostScones

Skippon wrote:FIF1s Mercedes power unit will always be Mercedes....
Its also I believe part of the PU contract that a competing brand cannot be advertised on a car powered by Mercedes - so I'd take all such Aston rumours with a pinch of salt.
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/ ... after-db9/

Merc and living dead Aston and seem to have a cooperation going on, so there will be some cobranding negotiating space probably...
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

Skippon

Selling road car engines to AM is one thing - but Mercedes are in F1 to promote its brand. So if its to supply f1 engines it will be as Mercedes as it is promoting FiF1 by bumping them up the grid by the power of its engine.
What it won't do is the re-branding Renault/Red Bull are doing with TAG to divorce market perception.