2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u
417
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

2016 Manor Racing F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Image

Team: Manor Motorsport
Base: Dinnington, South Yorkshire, UK
Team principal(s): ??????
Technical director(s): ?????
Website: http://manorf1team.com/
Race drivers: ???? & ????

Test drivers : ????

Chassis: MR04
Engine: Mercedes V6 Turbo
2015 position: 10th (0 pts)

Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 TEAM
Discussion about the pre-launch 2016 Manor Motorsport - MR04 F1 CAR: CLICK HERE
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

The team won't be called Manor or Manor Motorsport.

User avatar
turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: MountDoom CFD Matrix

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

cbbcisace wrote:The team won't be called Manor or Manor Motorsport.
There are potential buyers on the lookout. However, at this moment we do not know who, so we'll stick to the Manor name for now. That keeps things clear Even the teams gets bought, chances are the name will not change due contracts with Bernie forces them to keep the name - or possibly forfeit on price money. If the name gets officially changed, we'll change the topic title accordingly.
#AeroFrodo

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

turbof1 wrote:
cbbcisace wrote:The team won't be called Manor or Manor Motorsport.
There are potential buyers on the lookout. However, at this moment we do not know who, so we'll stick to the Manor name for now. That keeps things clear Even the teams gets bought, chances are the name will not change due contracts with Bernie forces them to keep the name - or possibly forfeit on price money. If the name gets officially changed, we'll change the topic title accordingly.
They have had a name change accordingly accepted, the Manor name belongs to John Booth so it won't be called Manor/Manor Motorsport.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
417
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

repeat, there is no name known at this point.

what do you want, the team name to be 'unknown f1 team - mercedes? '

it's more probable the team wont' even be on the 2016 grid, like what happened with caterham.
there's been an exodus and zero news zero info. so to be honest, expect nothing.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Manoah2u wrote:repeat, there is no name known at this point.

what do you want, the team name to be 'unknown f1 team - mercedes? '

it's more probable the team wont' even be on the 2016 grid, like what happened with caterham.
there's been an exodus and zero news zero info. so to be honest, expect nothing.
An exodus of three people? Big one that.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
417
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

big enough to make fuzz about a teamname, not big enough to have the team empty of key staff?
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Manoah2u wrote:big enough to make fuzz about a teamname, not big enough to have the team empty of key staff?
One they've already replaced! The fuss is that clearly the name is being changed, people have already speculated it's happening.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u
417
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

untill a new name pups up, it'll remain like this. :roll:
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

User avatar
turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm
Location: MountDoom CFD Matrix

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

cbbcisace, I get your point, but currently we don't have any official name on the team. If we call it "???", people will not know which team we mean. As soon as anything pops up, we will change the name. For now, this is the best approach.

I also share manoah2u's concern that the team can be in danger since that the 3 most important persons left the team. 2 of those actually brought the team back when everybody thought it was long gone and lost, by brokering that deal with Fitzpatrick. I do sincerely hope they fall in capable and steady hands.
#AeroFrodo

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

turbof1 wrote:cbbcisace, I get your point, but currently we don't have any official name on the team. If we call it "???", people will not know which team we mean. As soon as anything pops up, we will change the name. For now, this is the best approach.

I also share manoah2u's concern that the team can be in danger since that the 3 most important persons left the team. 2 of those actually brought the team back when everybody thought it was long gone and lost, by brokering that deal with Fitzpatrick. I do sincerely hope they fall in capable and steady hands.
I know, I apologise for being a bit abrupt before. What I know is that the name change went through the necessary process and that it can't be called Manor unless Fitzpatrick bought the name from Booth. Yes the two founders have left but changes was always going to happen and they have a steady hand in Dave Ryan.

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Seems Rio Haryanto will sign a contract with Manor(?) soon.

https://translate.googleusercontent.com ... qw0fpuV2uw

BanMeToo
BanMeToo
14
Joined: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:26 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Image

cbbcisace
cbbcisace
2
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:31 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

Monday might be the day for Haryanto, seems local media in his home country say that anyway.

bjpower
bjpower
2
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: 2016 Manor Motorsport F1 Team - Mercedes

Post

I really hope they do well next year. competing in F1 with a fairly poor 2014 engine with a modified 2014 chassis, dragging themselves out of receivership etc. they have gone through hell and back. I don't think they get the credit they deserve as a team.