2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Gerhardsa

Re: 2017 AMG Mercedes F1 Team - Mercedes

Is there more news on this Hamilton/Wolff visit?
I am keen to know more and see if that "theory" of mine over in Silly Season (that Alonso has to be the only logical choice) holds substance.

I still think Alonso has to be the 1st and only choice for Merc, before they can/are forced to fall back on 2nd rate drivers like Perez, Bottas and Pascal

And...ps... don't get your panties in a wad because I call Bottas, Perez etc 2nd rate...that's in comparison to Alonso, so calm down before you lose your marbles at the post :wink:

Unc1eM0nty

TigerF1 wrote:C'mon Toto put your pride aside and get Carlos Sainz!
How exactly does he do that ? you think Red Bull are going to be helpful to the team they will be battling for the title with next season ?

For what its worth he'd probably by my first choice but I just can see them getting him or indeed anyone top driver at this late stage.

With such big rule changes next season all the top teams will be hoping they can steal a march on Mercedes, stranger things have happened (think Brawn in 2009), at the very least each team will have a genuine belief they can move up the table of constructors, so why hamper this by let your best drivers go ?

It's Wehrlein for 2017, not through choice though, Nico's timing of his retirement couldn't have been worse for the team, its left them with no choice at all.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

ringo wrote:Hamilton and toto held a meeting in toto's kitchen.
It seems toto updated him on his new teammate and what he thinks about it.
All hamilton says is that the team will be very strong.
This is looking like Alonso is in..
But you never know. Maybe a cyborg Maldonado has be developed since he left the sport..
Oh god let it be Alonso please, i've seen the new Fast and Furious trailer, this day only needs an Alien: Covenant trailer and to make this day infinite perfect by announcement of Alonso please.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Gettingonabit
Gettingonabit

Just posted this in Silly Season

"BBC teletext quoting, Lowe is close to finalizing a deal with Williams and will be replaced by Allison. Also Williams have rejected an initial offer for Bottas."

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

for our Spanish fluent fella's here

http://es.motorsport.com/f1/news/minard ... ad-858564/

http://www.libertaddigital.com/deportes ... 276588485/

In plain short english;

Minardi doesn't agree with Briatore and advises Alonso to go to Mercedes, as it's his 'last chance in F1'.

Also, Alonso posted this last friday

"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Thunder

In what relation does Minardi stand to Alonso? Is he part of his management Team like Briatore? I think not.

Using that tweet to predict anything is really funny (and very fruitless), but IF it would say anything, then it would be more that he is staying where he is and finishing the Job he has begun.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

namao
namao

Manoah2u wrote:for our Spanish fluent fella's here

http://es.motorsport.com/f1/news/minard ... ad-858564/

http://www.libertaddigital.com/deportes ... 276588485/

In plain short english;

Minardi doesn't agree with Briatore and advises Alonso to go to Mercedes, as it's his 'last chance in F1'.

Also, Alonso posted this last friday

http://cdnb.20m.es/sites/54/2016/12/vinilo7.png
Are you still thinking ALO is going to Mercedes after that post?

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I don't know what to think anymore, i'll just let it be whatever it's going to be. In the meanwhile, I'm enjoying the silly season being alive as without it, well, things would be rather majorly boring now wouldn't it?

So i'm embracing this, hoping to see a fantastic decision by Mercedes that then causes Mclaren to re-instate Button ; OR, have that seat open for grabs. OR, see what happens at Williams.
And then there's still Nasr and co.

Just enough time to finish reading the first reports of the crash tests accepted for 2017 of the big teams and then the reveals untill the 2017 starts off late this time.

How else are we gonna get our weekly dose of F1?!

Thunder

A good Silly Season is all that keeps me sane over the Winter. :mrgreen:

Winter Break is always soooo long. So Rosbergs move was really good for the Fans. :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

bauc

Thunders wrote:A good Silly Season is all that keeps me sane over the Winter. :mrgreen:

Winter Break is always soooo long. So Rosbergs move was really good for the Fans. :D
He had 1 job, 1 job...... :D
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

GoranF1
GoranF1

dans79 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:i dont think that after late development of 2016 car,all this driver distraction and Lowe rumors(surley affects develpment) that this team could be called a favorite for 2017 at this point.
I think you will find that what you are calling late 2016 development, was actually conceptual testing of 2017 elements. Lets not forget that by mid season 2016 the WCC was all but a foregone conclusion, so they started on 2017.
Every time there's a rule change, the team or 2 teams that fight late in previous season fall back.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

dans79

GoranF1 wrote:
dans79 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:i dont think that after late development of 2016 car,all this driver distraction and Lowe rumors(surley affects develpment) that this team could be called a favorite for 2017 at this point.
I think you will find that what you are calling late 2016 development, was actually conceptual testing of 2017 elements. Lets not forget that by mid season 2016 the WCC was all but a foregone conclusion, so they started on 2017.
Every time there's a rule change, the team or 2 teams that fight late in previous season fall back.

That's my point, Merc has been on cruise control since at-least mid season. The only thing they have been doing is testing future developments.
197 104 103 7

basti313
basti313

dans79 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:
dans79 wrote:

That's my point, Merc has been on cruise control since at-least mid season. The only thing they have been doing is testing future developments.
Well, obvious. But there are people on this forum calling it close with RedBull.... :D
Don`t russel the hamster!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

The amount of crow that is going to be eaten is substancial next season :D

Edax
Edax

Unc1eM0nty wrote: It's Wehrlein for 2017, not through choice though, Nico's timing of his retirement couldn't have been worse for the team, its left them with no choice at all.
I think it will be Wehrlein, if only for having a german in the team.

Otherwise I think there are still some pretty good drivers around in the lower series. Nyck de Vries comes to mind. Though listed by Mclaren junior team he is managed by Anthony Hamilton, which could facilitate a transfer.