2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
etusch

Re: 2018 Scuderia Toro Rosso F1 Team - Honda

loner wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 16:47
its time for RBR to provide STR with few tenths , Honda delivered...
one has to wonder about Tost saying STR will have a competitive car second half of the season.
i assume its RBR turn now.
I don't think that they said it because of redbull help. It must be because of engine chassis adaptation target until midseason.
Yes they changed engine but renault ferrari, ferrari renault change. It was same layout. This time it is different layout. So it needed hard work.
In the other hand if redbull decide to be powered by Honda this process also a good knowledge for Redbull and they know what they will face.

etusch

McMika98 wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 16:38
etusch wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 13:11
Haas and TR are different. Haas is a team from Zero. TR is driver and engineer school for Redbull. So using too much redbull parts will not help.
Beg to differ. TR have one of the smallest budget and so have to be extremely effective. They cant develop a component to same level of RedBull or Ferrari, each component when fully assembled makes the difference. Besides why even use what limited resource on such stuff if you can get a refined product through alliances.
I want to clarify a bit my comment. It helps redbull for sure. But if redbull use this team some experience, some engineer trainning, and also driver development then giving Toro Rosso too much part don't help redbull's this aim

techman
techman

Exactly. The halo looks sculpted and i guess they have also reduced the weight of the structure. It isnt easy as they have to prove the structural integrity. Why dont TR just ask RedBull to use their halo, that way the aero team dont have to waste time and apply it elsewhere. TR needs to seriously go Haas and use as much RedBull parts and resources as possible.
yes only toro rosso running halo wings at the top and bottom. its has wings everywhere the halo. i dont think their is much aero benefit mostly likely more drag, redbull not doing it. i just hope toro rosso just copies the redbull designed halo instead. saves weight and drag. now recently renault removed them completly for canada

Talisman
Talisman

loner wrote:
one has to wonder about Tost saying STR will have a competitive car second half of the season.
Why? What would be in it for RBR?

GhostF1
GhostF1

Talisman wrote:
16 Jun 2018, 23:38
loner wrote:
Maybe to bring the sister team that wears the redbull name atop the midfield. That's just one small possibility.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Nice little onboard of Gasly overtaking an F.I. nice to hear that new engine!

https://twitter.com/gasly_fans/status/1 ... 50624?s=09

techman
techman

i heard that toro rosso might bring an aero update to the side body. any truth to that?

Talisman
Talisman

GhostF1 wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 06:16
Talisman wrote:
loner wrote:
Maybe to bring the sister team that wears the redbull name atop the midfield. That's just one small possibility.
What would RBR gain from that though?

etusch

GhostF1 wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 06:17

Nice video Thank you for sharing

Soichiro
Soichiro

Talisman wrote:
loner wrote:
More money for STR, less for competitors (Renault and McLaren team)

loner

Talisman wrote:
loner wrote:
perhaps since they are teaming up with Honda to win and challenge for the title not to shopping they will be willing to start 2019 strongly .. so why test only 4 days before 2019 season with a new PU never mated to the chassis before, while they have 2 cars running the Honda PU currently with tons of races and free tests .. they would be donkeys if they don't try new ideas and test it in STR to deploy and adopt it in the 2019 RBR chassis.
para bellum.

Talisman
Talisman

Test what?

Any extra money gained from improving their championship will be dwarfed by the money needed to improve the performance by the required amount so that is a waste of money. As for new ideas I think RBR has enough confidence in its design and testing correlation not to have to run it six months in advance, which is also six months more for the competition to look at and analyse it for themselves too.

RBR and Honda are happy with STR’s performance as it is. Doing anything more would be a waste of money. It’s not as if RBR is struggling to secure third and need STR to take points off competitors.

etusch

RBR = Red Bull Renault.
I think it is now AM Redbull Tag Heuer. RBT. If Honda powered RBH.

loner

etusch wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 16:34
RBR = Red Bull Renault.
I think it is now AM Redbull Tag Heuer. RBT. If Honda powered RBH.
its REDBULL RACING
GhostF1 wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 06:17

thnx rated.
the new PU is truly promising it has spunk guts

:lol: :lol:
para bellum.

McMika98
McMika98

Talisman wrote:
17 Jun 2018, 16:01
Test what?

Any extra money gained from improving their championship will be dwarfed by the money needed to improve the performance by the required amount so that is a waste of money. As for new ideas I think RBR has enough confidence in its design and testing correlation not to have to run it six months in advance, which is also six months more for the competition to look at and analyse it for themselves too.

RBR and Honda are happy with STR’s performance as it is. Doing anything more would be a waste of money. It’s not as if RBR is struggling to secure third and need STR to take points off competitors.
U need to find a job first to understand how things work in engineering. TR is one of the team with lowest budget. Given how compact the midfield is, every little makes a difference between 4th and 9th on the constructors championship. TR already have a disadvantage in running rookies at the whims of RedBull. Also its out there that Dieter Met is looking to offload the team and reduce the money he provides to both the teams.
They are wasting money by duplicating the work and designing components separately. The savings in using common parts would be in the order of millions. Also TR could easily gain some tenths by using RedBull parts.