2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
322
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Manoah2u » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 pm

Image

Team: McLaren Renault
Base: McLaren Technology Centre Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Team principal(s): Éric Boullier (Racing Director), Zak Brown (Executive Director)
Technical director(s): Tim Goss, Matt Morris, Peter Prodromou
Website: http://www.mclaren.com/formula1

Race drivers:
14 Image Fernando Alonso
2 Image Stoffel VanDoorne

Reserve driver : Lando Norris

Chassis: MCL33
Engine: Renault V6 Turbo
2017 position: 9th (30 pts)

Image

ImageImage
Image

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2018 Mclaren - Renault F1 TEAM
Last edited by Manoah2u on Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

turbof1
Moderator
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:36 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by turbof1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:01 am

Stickied
#AeroFrodo

BosF1
24
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:27 am
Location: Netherlands

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by BosF1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:00 am

You know that feeling of butterflies in your stomach? I have it thinking about the presentation of the new car being less than 2 months away from now.

Vasconia
38
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Basque Country

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Vasconia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:28 am

The wait will be long, let´s see how much Renault can improve, its not only about power but also about reliablity.

What about the new colours?

Manoah2u
322
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Manoah2u » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 am

If i'm right, the new colours will be (papaya) orange and blue, just as in the INDY livery.
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

bauc
40
User avatar
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:03 am
Location: Skopje, Macedonia

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by bauc » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:57 am

I cant wait to see the new car, and how it will perform at the pre season tests, I wish the team can finally be back in the top 4 with steady progress towards the top 2 in the near future. Many questions are still open. Will Mclaren have a title sponsor in 2018? Which fuel supplier will the use? Will we see full papaya orange livery or no?

DAM YOU OFF SEASON, you are too LONG!
Fears Like Limits Are Often Just An Illusion

Manoah2u
322
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Manoah2u » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 am

To be honest, 2 months isn't that much really.

i expect it to look like this

Image
Image
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

Fowks
0
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:51 am

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Fowks » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:09 am

Manoah2u wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 am
To be honest, 2 months isn't that much really.

i expect it to look like this

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tVVXDVfGilo/ ... dering.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IczSB-qMZqU/ ... ing-06.jpg
That livery could change with Petrobras sponsorship...

https://www.google.es/amp/s/amp.sportsm ... 12797.html

baybars
3
Joined: Wed May 03, 2017 7:44 am

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by baybars » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 am

Manoah2u wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 pm
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kcuhymI2kGY/hqdefault.jpg

Team: McLaren Renault
Base: McLaren Technology Centre Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Team principal(s): Éric Boullier (Racing Director), Zak Brown (Executive Director)
Technical director(s): Tim Goss, Matt Morris, Peter Prodromou
Website: http://www.mclaren.com/formula1

Race drivers:
14 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... in.svg.png Fernando Alonso
2 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 29.svg.png Stoffel VanDoorne

Reserve driver : Lando Norris

Chassis: MCL33
Engine: Renault V6 Turbo
2017 position: 9th (30 pts)

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images ... deal_1.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 53fa3e.gif https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 253fa6.gif
https://i0.wp.com/68.media.tumblr.com/c ... .gif?w=605

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2018 Mclaren - Renault F1 TEAM
I think you must change Renault V6 motor link
These link(http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =4&t=21958) belong to Ferrari Power unit

Correct link is here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22079

Manoah2u
322
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Manoah2u » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:12 am

baybars wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 am
Manoah2u wrote:
Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:48 pm
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/kcuhymI2kGY/hqdefault.jpg

Team: McLaren Renault
Base: McLaren Technology Centre Woking, Surrey, United Kingdom
Team principal(s): Éric Boullier (Racing Director), Zak Brown (Executive Director)
Technical director(s): Tim Goss, Matt Morris, Peter Prodromou
Website: http://www.mclaren.com/formula1

Race drivers:
14 http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... in.svg.png Fernando Alonso
2 https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 29.svg.png Stoffel VanDoorne

Reserve driver : Lando Norris

Chassis: MCL33
Engine: Renault V6 Turbo
2017 position: 9th (30 pts)

https://s1.cdn.autoevolution.com/images ... deal_1.jpg

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 53fa3e.gif https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or ... 253fa6.gif
https://i0.wp.com/68.media.tumblr.com/c ... .gif?w=605

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This thread is to discuss the 2018 Mclaren - Renault F1 TEAM
I think you must change Renault V6 motor link
These link(http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... =4&t=21958) belong to Ferrari Power unit

Correct link is here
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=22079
whoops! thanks
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

Vasconia
38
User avatar
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:45 am
Location: Basque Country

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Vasconia » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:01 am

Manoah2u wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 am
If i'm right, the new colours will be (papaya) orange and blue, just as in the INDY livery.
Thanks mate, it looks good(the images posted by you).

RonDennis
15
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:56 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by RonDennis » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 pm

Manoah2u wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 am
To be honest, 2 months isn't that much really.

i expect it to look like this

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tVVXDVfGilo/ ... dering.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IczSB-qMZqU/ ... ing-06.jpg
Looks terrible and cheap.

Manoah2u
322
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Manoah2u » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:53 pm

RonDennis wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:55 pm
Manoah2u wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:06 am
To be honest, 2 months isn't that much really.

i expect it to look like this

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tVVXDVfGilo/ ... dering.jpg
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-IczSB-qMZqU/ ... ing-06.jpg
Looks terrible and cheap.
Ron Dennis, is that actually you? :mrgreen:
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

GhostF1
76
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:11 am

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by GhostF1 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 8:55 pm

I honestly hope they stay with the Tarocco Orange, it's much more current McLareb, imo a nicer colour also. If they get the design right, it could look fantastic. The front end of the MCL32 looks fantastic in orange. Just need to do something better than that white stripe in the black. I don't hate it but...
Should do Tarocco Orange and White next year. A throwback to different days past for McLaren.

Manoah2u
322
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post by Manoah2u » Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:11 pm

Image

Yellow-green-white Mclaren? :P

HELLLOoooooo back BENETTON!

Image
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.