2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

green and yellow Mclaren. it's gonna happen.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

bauc

Jolle wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 13:05
dren wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 13:01
The guy is a good salesman, let's see if he can deliver. My guess is they'll revert back to the black car with a bit of orange and some sponsors. Mclaren need to improve their pit performance if they start battling it out with the top three. That can mean positions in a race.
Fingers crossed that the MCL33 won't become a array of small and different coloured sponsor stickers...
AMEN!
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

dren wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 13:01
The guy is a good salesman, let's see if he can deliver. My guess is they'll revert back to the black car with a bit of orange and some sponsors. Mclaren need to improve their pit performance if they start battling it out with the top three. That can mean positions in a race.
In one of EB's interviews I read he stated that Pit Stops was an area of focus this year.

NathanOlder

Something like this would be lovely.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Thunder

They Could call it the "MCL33 Senna" :D
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

dren

Now that would be one gorgeous looking car!
Honda!

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Thunder wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 15:47
a page back (2 actually), there's actually a Mclaren "Senna" tribute livery in the colors of his helmet,
and funny enough there's a actual street Mclaren called Senna.

I must say i'm very curious about this sponsor and whether it is Petrobras or not, as it indeed seems that it'll weigh a lot into the livery decision, and exactly that aspect has been mentioned by Zak even before the final race(s) that they are seriously concidering having the indy livery as the F1 livery for 2018, and not too long ago he has repeated the high possibility of having a (fully) orange livery - so it's really interesting to read these statements.

A question though - has there been any indication whatsoever if Mclaren is going to badge their Renault engines differently? it's rather ironic that RedBull is having TagHeuer, wasn't this Mclaren's sponsor a while ago?
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

McHonda
McHonda

Manoah2u wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:04
Thunder wrote:
a page back (2 actually), there's actually a Mclaren "Senna" tribute livery in the colors of his helmet,

I must say i'm very curious about this sponsor and whether it is Petrobras or not, as it indeed seems that it'll weigh a lot into the livery decision, and exactly that aspect has been mentioned by Zak even before the final race(s) that they are seriously concidering having the indy livery as the F1 livery for 2018, and not too long ago he has repeated the high possibility of having a (fully) orange livery - so it's really interesting to read these statements.

A question though - has there been any indication whatsoever if Mclaren is going to badge their Renault engines differently? it's rather ironic that RedBull is having TagHeuer, wasn't this Mclaren's sponsor a while ago?
Yeah for 30 years but they jumped ship to Red Bull after the 2015 disaster.

I haven't heard any re-branding talk and I doubt they will. Red Bull were falling out with Renault when they did it, or relations were strained shall we say, and McLaren are if anything grateful to Renault so no reason to stick 2 fingers up at them by re-branding it.

proteus

bauc wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:19
Well after reading the 2 post above I can just say that the winter break got a lot more harder for me now, as I cant really wait to see what they have in store.
Imagine them changing the pit guys with robot arms for changing the tyres :lol: . Now that would be ground braking, a fresh wind like first Brabham refueling during the race.

But i wonder if it would be legal to use robots for a pitstop... :lol:
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

proteus

Thunder wrote:
That train has gotten away. Now they can only name it MCL33 Prost :lol:

(due to the engine)
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

proteus wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:38
bauc wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 12:19
Well after reading the 2 post above I can just say that the winter break got a lot more harder for me now, as I cant really wait to see what they have in store.
Imagine them changing the pit guys with robot arms for changing the tyres :lol: . Now that would be ground braking, a fresh wind like first Brabham refueling during the race.

But i wonder if it would be legal to use robots for a pitstop... :lol:
there's no way robots will do that job better and/or faster. the 2 second pitstops are just mindblowingly well coordinated, are something of phenomenal speed and strenght, adaptive abilities, responsive, and responsible.

didn't the brabham refueling introduction had some serious problems at first and didn't work well at all? i might recall wrong, it wasn't from my era anyway.

Jolle
Jolle

McHonda wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:20
Manoah2u wrote:
Thunder wrote:

I haven't heard any re-branding talk and I doubt they will. Red Bull were falling out with Renault when they did it, or relations were strained shall we say, and McLaren are if anything grateful to Renault so no reason to stick 2 fingers up at them by re-branding it.
the TAG investment group (Ojjeh) owns 25% of McLaren and had the Heuer brand as well. After they sold off the watch brand, it went to RedBull.

geraldix
geraldix

https://globoesporte.globo.com/motor/fo ... tico.ghtml
With Renault engines for the 2018 season, McLaren will be a very different car from last year's model. But the innovations in the Woking team do not end there. According to the boss of the team, Zak Brown, in addition to the car, the team's brand will also undergo radical visual changes.

- The car will not be the same as last year. Our entire brand, the face of McLaren, will rise to a new level. And it will be fantastic. We already know how some teams will look, but hopefully the biggest changes seen, on and off the track, is when McLaren arrives in Australia.

Brown, who took over the team in place of Ron Dennis, has always been open to change. No wonder, it was the American who rescued the orange - with classic McLaren - in the cars of the team in 2017. It was also the project of Zak Fernando Alonso's participation in the 500 Miles. And if it depends on the manager, the team, which has been bitter for years at the bottom of the table, will return to be reference in the paddock, either in results or in the visual.

"One of the things we have not done in recent years is leading. Looking at our garage and everything, we look like everyone else. So we need to change that to be the people in Australia where everyone looks and says, "Did you see what McLaren did?" This is part of McLaren. With the lack of competitiveness, we end up becoming more of the same. We need to go back to being a team that people envy. I feel we are on the way.

Brown also commented on the possibility of the 2018 car appearing in the classic papaya orange, as he used in the Indy 500 model, noting that this depends on the team's main sponsor.

- You will have something of our history, but we have not finished design yet because we depend on the sponsor issue.

It is noteworthy that the British team has not yet set the launch date of the car this season.
Translated with Google.

McHonda
McHonda

Jolle wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 22:09
McHonda wrote:
09 Jan 2018, 20:20
Manoah2u wrote:

the TAG investment group (Ojjeh) owns 25% of McLaren and had the Heuer brand as well. After they sold off the watch brand, it went to RedBull.
I thought they(TAG) sold it in 1999?

Sonador
Sonador

I think Zak Brown is awesome for Mclaren, he listens to the fans.
Because he is a fan himself!

Really liked the current livery, but the livery on the p1 gtr posted by NathanOlder is also very nice.
Not sure what to think about the Renault switch, but i am curiuos to see where they stand chassis wise.

What i realy would have loved to happen this past summer, is that Renault negotiating a deal where they get Carlos sainz, but with the added bonus of Boullier "trown" in the deal .......