2018 McLaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Redragon

Re: 2018 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Manoah2u I am with you Tesla would be a great partner and sponsor. It would help with Mclaren electrical engine technology for road cars as well as selfdrive car project. About the trucks yes it is early days but they know their routes as they do by traditional trucks so why not to have some charge stations or batteries on place to replace on spot. Eg if they are travelling from Mclaren Headquarters to Barcelona they can have 4 or 5 stations with charging points that probably the EU will provide for free with their scheme of funding charging electrical points. Also about AVE as spanish it is one of the best investments, not only for infractructure but also for business as same company Talgo is building the high-speed trains in middle east.

I know is a bit of topic but everything started with just a suggestion with could or not become, in respond there is hatred. This thread sometimes is better to be silenced.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

I think it's actually a very interesting thing to concider instead of looking at it as 'spamming' or being in 'tesla shares'. lol. for real?

as mentioned, tesla actually provides a platform that no other 'truck company' has to offer.
i'm sure Volvo does great work in assisting Mclaren in their travels, and Mclaren doesn't have to think one sec about that process and volvo [or better said, some department within volvo or some company doing that for them and uses volvo trucks for it] does all that for them, so they're care-free.

that doesn't bring them technological 'benefits' though, and quite frankly, neither does it do anything for volvo BUT some positive commercial exposure.

there's quite the untapped potential there is what i'm saying. it's also very interesting to think about that Mclaren can partner Tesla, yet also be partnered to Renault. Additionally, that could even mean that both Mclaren aswell as Renault might benefit from the 'partnership' - if Mclaren and Tesla share knowledge to 'improve' their 'tech', and Mclaren and Renault also share knowledge to 'improve their tech' , then everybody gains something.

it would be a win-win situation really and i'm really surprised it hasn't actually happened yet - which is exactly why i'm expecting it to happen sooner or later anyway, semi or not.

Tesla isn't making any vehicles that would get in mclaren's terrain, and vise versa. you might argue that for Renault that could be more the case.

I know this is all non-existant at this point anyway though.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Alonso Fan

The tesla roadster might pose a threat, at least in the 0-60mph times. Anyway, wouldn't it make more sense for Mclaren to start using Renault trucks?
Last edited by Alonso Fan on 15 Feb 2018, 02:12, edited 1 time in total.
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Thunder

Alright i let that discussion roll to see if anything comes to light Sponsorship / Tech Partner wise but seriously, comparing 0-60 Times of Roadcars? This is about the F1 Team. Stay on Topic Please.

Edit: Also mileage per Fuel Tank / Battery Charge has nothing to do with the F1 Team. :wink:
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

Joseki
Joseki

bauc

Joseki wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 14:19

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mcla ... 8-1004234/

1 or 2 sponsors to be announced before Melbourne.
I guess those are the major ones left for the actual car launch
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Joseki
Joseki

I guess maybe Petrobras is one of those.

Redragon

If is Tesla that would be hilarious, after the discussion on this thread

Redragon

RonDennis wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 16:14
Redragon wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 15:38
Nobody wants to use their garbarge trucks, 100 mile range ftw.
Why they have to use the trucks? And what's the problem if Tesla would be an sponsor or partner on technology side?
Would not be beneficial for Mclaren their sponsor?
Anyway it was a sarcastic comment but I see there is not much humor on this thread.

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Redragon wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 16:24
RonDennis wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 16:14
Redragon wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 15:38
Nobody wants to use their garbarge trucks, 100 mile range ftw.
Why they have to use the trucks? And what's the problem if Tesla would be an sponsor or partner on technology side?
Would not be beneficial for Mclaren their sponsor?
Anyway it was a sarcastic comment but I see there is not much humor on this thread.
RD is on his usual spree.
better to ignore the haters.

I fully expect it to be PetroBras too indeed, nevertheless, it would be absolutely hilarious if it indeed is Tesla :lol:
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins

Talisman
Talisman

Why would Tesla want to associate with both a car company and sport it expressly views as backwards and wants to consign to the dustbin of history?

GhostF1
GhostF1

Just to quell this Tesla talk. Can anyone actually see them associating with a combustion engine related sport? If they were to compete or sponsor anyone. It would be in Formula E.. not Formula 1.

Webber2011
Webber2011

GhostF1 wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 22:21
Just to quell this Tesla talk. Can anyone actually see them associating with a combustion engine related sport? If they were to compete or sponsor anyone. It would be in Formula E.. not Formula 1.
Don't start making complete sense, you'll ruin the theme of this conversation 😉

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Webber2011 wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 23:47
GhostF1 wrote:
15 Feb 2018, 22:21
Don't start making complete sense, you'll ruin the theme of this conversation 😉
what he said :mrgreen:

Joseki
Joseki

Back to McLaren F1 topics:

Does anyone know what Alonso and McLaren are doing at the Mobile World Congress? It's an expo for the mobile market, and it seems strange to me that McLaren will promote itself there. Are they seeking a partner in the smartphone world?