2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2018 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Jolle wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 16:40
max_speed wrote:
30 Sep 2018, 14:51
i have been long ferrari fan . in past years i complained about not having right car to win championship but this year i am gutted. Ferrari Technical team produced a gem of a car and are let down by drivers. such car should have been leading both championships. mega let down by vettel. he is not able to get the job done. Raikkonen has been average for years. i feel sorry that ferrari did not have driver likes of Alonso/Hamilton. i am sure lecrec will pose a serious challenge to vettel next year.
Ferrari had their rear crash box structure handed to them with a difference of .6 seconds on a track where it's all car instead of tires. But yes, crashing out from the lead is not something you should do as a team leader.

I think for next year, the choice for Leclerc is going to cost them some points and in current form Hamilton will make it 6, coming very close to Schumachers records.
It would be wild if Mic Schumacher arrives in F1 to prevent his father's record from being broken. Ferrari have their sites set. They want another Schumacher Era. Hopefully for fans not like the Mercedes/Hamilton and Ferrari/Schumacher dominance which eventually becomes a bit boring.

munudeges
munudeges

Phil wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 14:46
Joe Saward wrote:Raikkonen will growl at such a description, but it is hard to view it otherwise, as when he is on the pace, the team has played strategic games that have always aided Vettel....
It's been quite obvious for a long time that they've been holding Raikkonen back, but that kind of talk will get you banned from Autosport's forums....... :lol:

When Fernando Alonso is gone and Raikkonen is shunted into the sidings at Sauber, Lewis Hamilton becomes the oldest man in a top car, with Vettel not far behind.
Whatever it is, something weird has gone in within that team recently. I just wonder what Fiat's plans are for Sauber, since it is now the Alfa Romeo team. They are not putting that name on the car just for laughs.

seventhsin

mika vs michael wrote:Ferrari produced a winning car...a championship winning car but championships are not won in the factories. You need a strong team on the track. The team lacks leadership...in a sporting way not technical.
Speaking of leadership, Italian media rumouring Arrivabene could depart Ferrari.

www.gpfans.com/en/amp/article.php%3fid=2820

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

timbo
timbo

seventhsin wrote:
01 Oct 2018, 15:08
mika vs michael wrote:Ferrari produced a winning car...a championship winning car but championships are not won in the factories. You need a strong team on the track. The team lacks leadership...in a sporting way not technical.
Speaking of leadership, Italian media rumouring Arrivabene could depart Ferrari.

www.gpfans.com/en/amp/article.php%3fid=2820

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Well, I hope it stays rumor only. IMO they don't need to dump anybody, they need to hire people from mid-level teams to sort out on-track operations.

MtthsMlw

'New' livery for the Japanese GP
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ferr ... p/3187898/

Looking at the teaser video it looks like a really big change. FW, bargeboards, engine cover, RW and RW endplates.

Morteza

New livery (Photos are via Sutton Images, Crash.net and Albert Fabrega)

More about it here
Ferrari unveils new F1 livery ahead of the Japanese GP
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Sevach
Sevach

Personally, not a fan of the new livery, kinda tacky.

johnny vee

"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand why you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now." The Oracle, Matrix Reloaded

siskue2005

MtthsMlw

The logo on the main bargeboard bothers me

Sevach
Sevach

MtthsMlw wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 08:59

It bothers me everywhere, top of the nose, airbox... on the rear wing where they write the whole thing instead of a logo it's absolutely fine.

I think it's just an ugly logo that needs work.

Morteza

Sevach wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:35
MtthsMlw wrote:

It bothers me everywhere, top of the nose, airbox... on the rear wing where they write the whole thing instead of a logo it's absolutely fine.

Cannot agree more. The whole writing and the logo in particular hurts my eyes, I mean literally.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

subcritical71

Morteza wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:44
Sevach wrote:
04 Oct 2018, 17:35
MtthsMlw wrote:

Cannot agree more. The whole writing and the logo in particular hurts my eyes, I mean literally.
Every time I look at it I feel like I need to go cross eyed to decipher the hidden meaning (thinking hidden image stereogram - http://www.vision3d.com/sghidden.html). I personally don’t see the Marlboro subliminal messaging, so maybe it’s working!

Sevach
Sevach

Bring back the barcode lol.

Fulcrum
Fulcrum

It always amazes me how so much time, effort and resource, especially money, can produce something that one person with Adobe (maybe MS-Paint in this case) could achieve in 2 hours.

Oh well, I'm sure it will grow on us.