2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u
386
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:07 pm

2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Manoah2u » Tue Dec 25, 2018 10:22 pm

Image


Team: Renault F1 Team
Base: Enstone, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Team principal: Carlos Ghosn, Jérome Stoll, Cyril Abiteboul, Alain Prost
Technical director(s): Nick Chester
Website: http://www.renaultsport.com

Race drivers:

3 Image Daniel Ricciardo
27 Image Nico Hulkenberg

Test drivers :

Chassis: RS19
Engine: Renault V6 Turbo

2018 position: 4th (122 pts)

Image
Image
Image

Image
Image
Image


This thread is to discuss the 2019 Renault F1 TEAM
Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools.

NathanOlder
122
User avatar
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by NathanOlder » Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 pm

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... y/4319231/

Biggest gains they have ever seen. Hope they are right. Would love to see Max vs Ricciardo without being in the same team. A Ricciardo dive bomb on Max.... would be something special or very messy.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2019 on Ps4, Now setting up a league at

https://rapidpixelracing.com

marmer
34
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:48 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by marmer » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:41 am

NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 pm
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... y/4319231/

Biggest gains they have ever seen. Hope they are right. Would love to see Max vs Ricciardo without being in the same team. A Ricciardo dive bomb on Max.... would be something special or very messy.
you would think after all this time they would be getting close to the natural performance limit for these regs by now as merc and ferrari seem to. so either cyril is lying or they are alot further behined than they would admit last year

Mansell89
18
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Mansell89 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 pm

This is the really intriguing team of 2019 for me. Two rock solid drivers, steady progress since their return to the sport, and a little more conviction in their words about power unit gains this year. I have felt (and this is only a personal hunch) that the second half of 2018 they deliberately backed off the engine updates so as not to give RBR any insight.

Spec C sounds basically irrlelevant compared to this new architecture so RBR will have no real insight to give Honda.

Hopefully the Renault engine can finally make the step that puts them within a fraction of the Merc and Ferrari works engines.

This would be the best thing for the sport as a whole and a lot depends on it (including McLarens winding road back to being in fight for podiums).

Here’s hoping because having Renault and McLaren being competitive against one another and indeed the other big names would really make for stellar viewing.

Surely heads will roll if they get outgunned by Honda- I think Renault have stuff up their sleeve- Ricciardos move for me is the giveaway (he’s a smart lad).

Big Tea
69
User avatar
Joined: Sun Dec 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Big Tea » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:48 pm

Mansell89 wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:17 pm
This is the really intriguing team of 2019 for me. Two rock solid drivers, steady progress since their return to the sport, and a little more conviction in their words about power unit gains this year. I have felt (and this is only a personal hunch) that the second half of 2018 they deliberately backed off the engine updates so as not to give RBR any insight.

Spec C sounds basically irrlelevant compared to this new architecture so RBR will have no real insight to give Honda.

Hopefully the Renault engine can finally make the step that puts them within a fraction of the Merc and Ferrari works engines.

This would be the best thing for the sport as a whole and a lot depends on it (including McLarens winding road back to being in fight for podiums).

Here’s hoping because having Renault and McLaren being competitive against one another and indeed the other big names would really make for stellar viewing.

Surely heads will roll if they get outgunned by Honda- I think Renault have stuff up their sleeve- Ricciardos move for me is the giveaway (he’s a smart lad).
I am not sure it is a lacking engine that is the problem at Renault.
Looking at Red Bull last year, they should have been there-abouts several times and picked up the pieces, even if they were a fer HP down on the top two, as did RBR
One test is worth a thousand expert opinions

Neno
-25
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 12:41 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Neno » Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 am

NathanOlder wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 6:14 pm
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... y/4319231/

Biggest gains they have ever seen. Hope they are right. Would love to see Max vs Ricciardo without being in the same team. A Ricciardo dive bomb on Max.... would be something special or very messy.
Also Renault needs to make gains either way if they want to supply F1 teams in future. Mclaren is now their only customer. They need to get competitive for 2020 and specially 2021 market to add at least 3rd team.

Blackout
656
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:12 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Blackout » Tue Jan 15, 2019 8:19 am

https://youtu.be/Uu5IgVB9dUk?t=162
"They know that Renault have made significant gains over this winter with the power unit side, in all areas of the power unit side"

Prost
"But we wanted to be fourth, or the best after the top three, and we wanted to be closer to them. It's very difficult to manage that, because we took a decision to prepare for next season in the best way, not to develop too much, especially around the engine.
"So in fact we've done exactly what we wanted to do so far. Now the next step is next season to be closer to the top teams."
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ricc ... t/4321854/
Budkowski
Daniel is a super enthusiastic person who will push the team. He will impose his motivation by his personality, his speed, but also because he believes in the project. It's an amazing boost. We know what we have in preparation and that's what we sold him: this is what we do, this is what we're going to do, this is what we do well, this is what we do not good. "We are here, we want to get there, do you want to be part of the adventure?" That's the question we asked him. He took that risk, as Schumacher, Alonso and Hamilton actually took it before him because they did not arrive in teams that were winning. His satisfaction will be all the greater if the coming years prove him right. It's another thing to arrive in a stable that is already winning. I think he was seduced by this prospect and, concerning us, so much the better if it puts us an extra pressure to get out the car that will allow him to shine.
At Enstone, we see these amenities as an opportunity because changing the front of the car fundamentally changes the aero deal. Today, the stables that are ahead do better than us in this area, and as we all take a step back, we potentially have more to gain. That's the opportunity. The risk is that this regulation, which has evolved in recent months and was frozen at the last moment, gives a premium to the best interpretation. It will be even more true in 2021 with, on the Renault side, a roadmap which, in theory, should allow us to play the title and, on the regulations side, a major technical change in terms of the design of the car, tires, etc. This will be a new opportunity at a time when we will have the right organization in place with the right level of experience and stability to face this challenge. In theory this will put us in an ideal position to deploy what we have built for five years. "
 
We are not working in the short term, we are not only hiring experienced people but mostly young people coming out of university, apprentices. We invest in the future. We are not in the immediate result, we are still rebuilding the team. We could have done better last year if the short term had been our goal, but it is to build a team able to be world champion that interests us. After three years of construction, three years of attack are beginning! To the question: '' Did we do last year the best job in terms of car development? '', The answer is no. Our progress has been inherently worse than in 2017 and we are aware of it. It drives us to change things in the way we operate. There is a bit of disappointment in not being able to get closer to Top 3, but we must not forget that we are talking about "catching up"; which means to develop faster and put more performance in the car than Mercedes, Ferrari or Red Bull. These are teams of 900 people with very high budgets. Above all, they have been in place for years. They have created a strong infrastructure and stability, and they capitalize on these assets. It's hard to hire - about 100 people last year - and at the same time perform better than them on a season. It puts things in perspective. With a constant engine, we developed as fast as Red Bull in 2018 we would have liked to do more, but it is necessary to relativize the size of the challenge.

carisi2k
31
Joined: Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:26 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by carisi2k » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:08 am

Neno wrote:
Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:56 am

Also Renault needs to make gains either way if they want to supply F1 teams in future. Mclaren is now their only customer. They need to get competitive for 2020 and specially 2021 market to add at least 3rd team.
I disagree with this assertion. Renault have always faulted when they have had 3 teams to supply in recent times. I think that Renault is better off with only 2 teams. There is nothing a third team can truly add if you don't have the finances or capacity to supply 3 teams.

This is why I think Renault and Red Bull missed a trick in continuing together for 2018 when the situation at Singapore 2017 opened up opportunities to allow everybody to be better off a year earlier. Renault would have wasted less energy on pleasing Red Bull and been more able to respond to it's own needs. I think Renault could have been 20-50 points better off in 2018 if it didn't have to deal with Red Bull.

nevill3
24
User avatar
Joined: Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:31 pm
Location: Monaco

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by nevill3 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:43 pm

Renault F1 boss Thierry Koskas leaves before starting new role....https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46924987
The man appointed as the new boss of Renault's Formula 1 programme has left the French car company before even taking up his new position.

Thierry Koskas was named president of Renault Sport in November, and attended the season-closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on a fact-finding mission.

But 18 days after he was due to start work, Renault announced Kostas' departure from the entire group.
I wonder if there will be any other fallout due to the charging of former Nissan chairman Carlos Ghosn with financial crimes in Japan.
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

etusch
93
User avatar
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 10:09 pm
Location: Turkey

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by etusch » Wed Jan 23, 2019 7:39 pm


Ground Effect
100
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Ground Effect » Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:11 pm

Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GoranF1
177
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by GoranF1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 pm

I expect Renault and Williams to surprise many people this year.
This will be best season for Renault after 2006.
I even think Alonso made a huge mistake not accepting this seat in 2019.
They now have everything, budget, new WT, good tech department and 2 top drivers.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ME4ME
162
User avatar
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 3:37 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by ME4ME » Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:36 pm

You know, Renault is really not my cup of tea, but I do expect them to do well this year. One of the most exciting driver line-ups on the grid for sure, in my opinion. Expecting them to be about 4 tenths off Red Bull in Australia. So about 7 tenths off pole.

Ground Effect
100
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Ground Effect » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:23 pm

GoranF1 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 pm
I expect Renault and Williams to surprise many people this year.
This will be best season for Renault after 2006.
I even think Alonso made a huge mistake not accepting this seat in 2019.
They now have everything, budget, new WT, good tech department and 2 top drivers.
I think he was quite interested, but just wouldn't commit to more than 1 year, Renault wanted at least 2. Besides, no matter how good they are this year, fighting for the title is very unlikely, and that's what matters to Fernando at this stage.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

GoranF1
177
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by GoranF1 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Ground Effect wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:23 pm
GoranF1 wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 4:26 pm
I expect Renault and Williams to surprise many people this year.
This will be best season for Renault after 2006.
I even think Alonso made a huge mistake not accepting this seat in 2019.
They now have everything, budget, new WT, good tech department and 2 top drivers.
I think he was quite interested, but just wouldn't commit to more than 1 year, Renault wanted at least 2. Besides, no matter how good they are this year, fighting for the title is very unlikely, and that's what matters to Fernando at this stage.
I agree, but looking at Fisichela's results im 2005 06 they werent title candidates even then, or Ferrari wasnt either looking at Massa.
Alonso makes a difference, although i agree this year is unlikely for them to be up there, but they will surprise i think they will be 3rd team, RB will be slower.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."