2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
PhillipM
317
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Over the road from Boothy...

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by PhillipM » Sun May 26, 2019 11:46 am

But if you're putting those together you need to add Honda's spending to TR and RB, and divide Renaults between them and Mclaren.

Capharol
38
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Capharol » Sun May 26, 2019 12:05 pm

PhillipM wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:46 am
But if you're putting those together you need to add Honda's spending to TR and RB, and divide Renaults between them and Mclaren.
why divide? McLaren is paying for those engine, so they show up in McLarens balance
and what Honda is paying/getting i don't know, could be it is in the RB balance calculated aswell (if they are paying or getting at all)

but the numbers i posted are the official numbers of what each team is paying for a season in F1
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

PhillipM
317
Joined: Mon May 16, 2011 2:18 pm
Location: Over the road from Boothy...

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by PhillipM » Sun May 26, 2019 12:28 pm

Well, the only people with comparitive figures for recent years, Red Bull, said Honda was spending significantly more than Renault ever did on the engine development side.
That was true back when Mclaren were running Honda to the previous years too, when the Renault engine division was spending around 80-90 million per year, so you can assumed Honda is spending well over 100M on the engine side, and given how many more facilities invested in during the past couple of years, probably far higher.

The reason Renault stuck with lower budgets is because for the past 5-6 years F1 has been promising cost cutting, budget limits, etc, etc, so they held their spending around the level they expected that to be constrained at - but each one of those proposals has been thrown under a bus along with the new teams that entered expecting them. Their original targets made sense, but it's very evident that none of the budget constraints or cost-cutting is ever going to be allowed through, and you either need to commit to serious budgets or resign yourself to a midfield spot. Or get out.

diffuser
168
User avatar
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:55 pm
Location: Montreal

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by diffuser » Sun May 26, 2019 4:14 pm

Capharol wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 11:43 am
diffuser wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 10:44 am
djos wrote:
Sun May 26, 2019 12:54 am


Don't forget that TR doesn't have to develop their own Gearbox, rear end or PU - they get all those for free from RBR & Honda. These will be worth tens of millions they don't need to find.
I don't see Honda in that list. I presume the majority of the money spent in Renault France goes to PU development. While the majority of Renault UK goes towards chassis.
that might be possible but still you need to put those two together because without Chassis (UK) no car and without engine (France) the car can't be driven ....
my opinion stays Abiteboul talks loads of crap even more as Marko does
Agreed but my point was no Honda to add those 2 together.

RaulRof
0
Joined: Fri May 10, 2019 5:26 pm
Location: Korea, D.P.R.

2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by RaulRof » Mon May 27, 2019 6:53 pm

you can also see it like this: the investors of the US GP can invest in the team if there wont be a US GP, they can now invest in the team if they wish to keep putting their money in F1

GoranF1
177
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by GoranF1 » Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 am

This may open the door for the best living driver to return to his destiny.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... 020-drive/
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PowerandtheGlory
9
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by PowerandtheGlory » Thu May 30, 2019 12:35 pm

GoranF1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 am
This may open the door for the best living driver to return to his destiny.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... 020-drive/
An Alonso & Ricciardo superteam would be amazing..

But could they really pay them both what they will be asking for?

Fernando wont want to be paid less than Ricciardo..

Renault's wage bill would mean they would need a title winning car..

Or they will have 2 very expensive drivers driving around to finish 7th and 8th...

fingers crossed.
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

GoranF1
177
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:53 am
Location: Zagreb,Croatia

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by GoranF1 » Thu May 30, 2019 1:00 pm

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:35 pm
GoranF1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 am
This may open the door for the best living driver to return to his destiny.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... 020-drive/
An Alonso & Ricciardo superteam would be amazing..

But could they really pay them both what they will be asking for?

Fernando wont want to be paid less than Ricciardo..

Renault's wage bill would mean they would need a title winning car..

Or they will have 2 very expensive drivers driving around to finish 7th and 8th...

fingers crossed.
Renault is a works team, and if they really want to achive something in F1 they will need to pay.
Alonso can move this team a step ahead like he did in 2005
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

PowerandtheGlory
9
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by PowerandtheGlory » Thu May 30, 2019 1:28 pm

GoranF1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:00 pm
PowerandtheGlory wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 12:35 pm
GoranF1 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 11:31 am
This may open the door for the best living driver to return to his destiny.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/red-bull- ... 020-drive/
An Alonso & Ricciardo superteam would be amazing..

But could they really pay them both what they will be asking for?

Fernando wont want to be paid less than Ricciardo..

Renault's wage bill would mean they would need a title winning car..

Or they will have 2 very expensive drivers driving around to finish 7th and 8th...

fingers crossed.
Renault is a works team, and if they really want to achive something in F1 they will need to pay.
Alonso can move this team a step ahead like he did in 2005
I agree, i think it would be a very strong team..

But alonso would probably cost 15-20 million per year. He would ask for a minimum 2 year deal so Renault would need to think - do we invest in a top driver for up to 40 million over 2 years or spend 40 million on the engine, gearbox and aero...

I would Looooove to see Nando back in a Renault.. i just think its a long shot..

But where else could Fernando go? Redbull honda if max left to ferrari or Merc? Would honda forgive him??

or Ferrari again if Vettel retired???
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

Capharol
38
User avatar
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:06 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Capharol » Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 pm

pls don't feed the Alonso-Troll
Strive for continuous improvement, instead of perfection.
"Most people seem to turn off their brain when they turn on the computer and log in to social media."

PowerandtheGlory
9
Joined: Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by PowerandtheGlory » Thu May 30, 2019 2:35 pm

Capharol wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 1:44 pm
pls don't feed the Alonso-Troll
I know... sorry!!!!! :oops:
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

sn809
5
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:52 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by sn809 » Thu May 30, 2019 3:04 pm

If Alonso were to stay on board, I am 100% sure Ricciardo would leave as well. Everyone knows what sort of person Alonso is- not detracting from his talent as a driver.

Mansell89
17
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Mansell89 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:34 pm

Astonishing to hear yet another change in story from Cyril. He was recently saying the updates on the conrod failure meant they could now unlock full power, but now there’s a mysterious delay until Paul Ricard.

If Renaults upgrades don’t deliver a substantial improvement to their car, I don’t see how he can stay in his role beyond this season. Very ambitious to say these updates are aimed at clearing the midfield- that would be a heck of a step forward from where they are.

Massive few weeks ahead for this team and it’s future direction IMO.

For the sake of F1 I hope they do make that progress- both engine and indeed the works team themselves.

Mansell89
17
Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Mansell89 » Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 pm

Mansell89 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:34 pm
Astonishing to hear yet another change in story from Cyril. He was recently saying the updates on the conrod failure meant they could now unlock full power, but now there’s a mysterious delay until Paul Ricard.

If Renaults upgrades don’t deliver a substantial improvement to their car, I don’t see how he can stay in his role beyond this season. Very ambitious to say these updates are aimed at clearing the midfield- that would be a heck of a step forward from where they are.

Massive few weeks ahead for this team and it’s future direction IMO.

For the sake of F1 I hope they do make that progress- both engine and indeed the works team themselves.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e/4394961/

Ground Effect
95
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:39 am

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

Post by Ground Effect » Fri May 31, 2019 11:35 am

Mansell89 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:37 pm
Mansell89 wrote:
Thu May 30, 2019 8:34 pm
Astonishing to hear yet another change in story from Cyril. He was recently saying the updates on the conrod failure meant they could now unlock full power, but now there’s a mysterious delay until Paul Ricard.

If Renaults upgrades don’t deliver a substantial improvement to their car, I don’t see how he can stay in his role beyond this season. Very ambitious to say these updates are aimed at clearing the midfield- that would be a heck of a step forward from where they are.

Massive few weeks ahead for this team and it’s future direction IMO.

For the sake of F1 I hope they do make that progress- both engine and indeed the works team themselves.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e/4394961/
"So what that means is the engine will be back at full power and even a bit more, and that should be available at Paul Ricard.

I think from that remark,they plan to have more power than they have now by Paul Ricard, which could be down to fuel, software or engine mapping. I don’t think he’s changing his story.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.