2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

Team: Image Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team
Base: Brackley, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
Team principal(s): Toto Wolff (Head of Motorsport), Niki Lauda (Non-Executive Chairman), Andy Cowell (MD, Powertrains),
Technical director: James Allison

Race drivers:

44 Image Lewis Hamilton
77 Image Valtteri Bottas

Test drivers : Esteban Ocon

Chassis: F1 W10 Hybrid
Engine: Mercedes V6 Turbo
2018 position: 1st (655 pts)

This thread is to discuss the 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas F1 TEAM
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

TAG

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

On Christmas day you sat down to create all of the 2019 team threads. You're an F1 animal @Manoah2u!
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A

Mercedes: after Toto Wolff's alarm, found a dozen more horsepower on the engine

The 2019 power unit is the result of a new project and at the beginning of the development work on the new engine the results were not too exciting. Now it seems that the engineers led by Andy Cowell have found a dozen more horses on the 6-cylinder world champion.

dren

de ja vu
Honda!

TAG

GPR -A wrote:
07 Jan 2019, 18:37

The 2019 power unit is the result of a new project and at the beginning of the development work on the new engine the results were not too exciting. Now it seems that the engineers led by Andy Cowell have found a dozen more horses on the 6-cylinder world champion.
That's a nice gain if true from the ICE side. I believe the areas to look for more from Mercedes are the Turbo and the ERS.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GrandAxe

GPR -A wrote:

They made similar noises before the 2018 season, only for Ferrari to arrive with even more power. Their words should be received with caution until Melbourne (or the first power circuit).

GPR-A

GrandAxe wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 04:23
GPR -A wrote:

They made similar noises before the 2018 season, only for Ferrari to arrive with even more power. Their words should be received with caution until Melbourne (or the first power circuit).
Can you please publish the link that you are referring to?

This is the only article that I remember reading, which was published last January and Andy Cowell doesn't claim anywhere about big gains.
Link ->Mercedes 2018 F1 engine will be 'pretty much all new'
"There's still gains to be had [with this formula]. It's a plethora of marginal gains, five millisecond gains.

"Then there's those nice surprises where you thought north would give you 2kW and actually it's south that gives you 2kW.
They ended 2017 pretty much on par with each other and started 2018 on a similar levels of PU performance. As much as I saw through the season, it was only at Germany was when we first witnessed a bit of superiority of Ferrari and definitely not at the beginning of the season.

GrandAxe

GPR -A wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 06:53
GrandAxe wrote:
08 Jan 2019, 04:23
Can you please publish the link that you are referring to?

This is the only article that I remember reading, which was published last January and Andy Cowell doesn't claim anywhere about big gains.
Link ->Mercedes 2018 F1 engine will be 'pretty much all new'
"There's still gains to be had [with this formula]. It's a plethora of marginal gains, five millisecond gains.

"Then there's those nice surprises where you thought north would give you 2kW and actually it's south that gives you 2kW.
They ended 2017 pretty much on par with each other and started 2018 on a similar levels of PU performance. As much as I saw through the season, it was only at Germany was when we first witnessed a bit of superiority of Ferrari and definitely not at the beginning of the season.
Sorry for the laaaaate reply. I can't find the link now, but yours is pretty good.
In it, Andy Cowell mentions gains in several places in a tone that's quite boastful. 2 kilowatt gains in a few places will easily yield a multiple horsepower bonus (perhaps the 12 horsepower mentioned for 2019, maybe more, maybe less); in the least, an impressive power gain.

SiLo

I'm waiting to see what the appointment of the new CEO is going to do. I hear hes much more of a racing nut than Dieter Zetsche.
Felipe Baby!

Skippon

As Ola Kallenius set up HPP in Brixworth as it is now. I'd expect it all to carry on - seamlessly.

dans79

Looks like everyone will be running cammo this year for testing!

here is a link the the full res original.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyqKvzmXcAAETEn.jpg
197 104 103 7

Bill_Kar

I don't really think they would go on with such radical change. maybe just for the testing. I would like a livery change though

adrianjordan

Bill_Kar wrote:
06 Feb 2019, 00:12
I don't really think they would go on with such radical change. maybe just for the testing. I would like a livery change though
Agreed....they're the "Silver Arrows"...
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️