2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
FittingMechanics
FittingMechanics

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

max_speed wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 08:36
i admire your optimism but lets meet tomorrow and here you again after quali. bottom line is mclaren is at the back.
Sure thing. I will be around. I do not have any proof, but I feel we can expect McLaren to improve.

From SoyMotor, McLaren had a problem with rear suspension, had to fix it on both cars, so cars did a shortened programme.

"Who has had reasons to be worried has been the McLaren team, and is that the session of both Carlos Sainz and Lando Norris has not been as quiet as you would expect. The team has first detected an anomaly in the rear suspension of the cars. When they had fixed it, they were called to the pits to remove the engine hood and inspect the interior.

Direct consequence, the MCL34 have not completed all the planned program. The positive part is that they have managed to minimize damage, because in the end both Sainz and Norris have been able to execute a long run with the medium compound and a simulation of classification with the soft one."

Bisonas

_cerber1 wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 07:59
Because МхМ

https://radikal.ru
This seems to be incorrect.
All the reports i saw for second practice, had different times from this one !

Darth-Piekus

Terrible practise day today due to the problem. Hopefully tomorrow we will show our real capabilities. However if tomorrow our pace is the same then clearly somethings wrong is going on.

_cerber1

Bisonas wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 09:26
This seems to be incorrect.
All the reports i saw for second practice, had different times from this one !
This is the first 40 minutes of the second workout.

_cerber1

I do not understand your frustration. Maclaren still need to roll in the chassis and pilots, too much had to be changed. Need to wait a bit.

_cerber1

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Can you help translate? For some reason, I can't seem to do so from my end.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

bosyber
bosyber

From Microsoft Bing via Twitter -
Sainz Jr. : "het is niet een perfecte dag geweest. We hebben problemen gehad D motor en ook mechanica, q we weten hoe op te lossen. Ik wil niet zeggen Q zonder problemen zijn we in top10, maar we hebben ruimte voor verbetering voor morgen. Morgen is de dag Q telt "

Bisonas

Ground Effect wrote:
15 Mar 2019, 10:19
Can you help translate? For some reason, I can't seem to do so from my end.
"It has not been a perfect day. We have had motor problems and also mechanical problems, which we know how to solve. I do not want to say that without problems we are in top10, but we have room for improvement for tomorrow. Tomorrow is the day that counts"

Vasconia

It can´t be worse than this, can it be?

Marc.W

Not the best start to the weekend, but only .8 away from the quickest Red Bull isn't terrible, just shows how close the midfield is going to be this year, hopefully with the qualifying work they did in testing can translate to a good starting position on Sunday

mwillems

My interpretation of Sainzs comments is that there is time in the car to have got into the top ten had they not had issues, but he doesn't know what time is in the other cars.

I hope the issues are resolved suitably,, otherwise it doesn't bode well.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Jambier

McLaren will struggle because of the 4 Ferrari Bis and the 2 Red Bull bis

Even Renault will have issues with them. Private team like Williams, McLaren, Racing point will be very angry with Haas / Alfa / TR

They spend money, they build their own car. For what ? be beaten by customers car.

bauc

I will wait for my Judgment of Mclaren's pace till Qualifying.... over all not the start I was expecting in FP1 & FP2 but there is time till tomorrow to make changes, you can rebuild the hole car if you need to.
Last edited by bauc on 15 Mar 2019, 12:02, edited 1 time in total.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

RonDennis
RonDennis

What did you guys expect? That McLaren would be fighting with Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull? Sainz already said after testing that he wouldn't be surprised if they didn't score any points at the first race. The midfield is pretty close and McLaren is currently a midfield team, so stop expecting that they are going to do much better. It's going to be a long year.