2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Webber2011
Webber2011

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

PhillipM wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 02:11
I've been an autosport sub for over 30 years, but I just got so sick of reading so much made up opinion pieces posturing as fact that I finally cancelled my subscription last week. They really have gone way downhill, I must have 4 years of magazines that are mostly unopened and still in the wrapper....and their F1 coverage is a big part of it.

I too have decided not to renew my subscription, (after about 12 years).

It really has become a bit of a joke at AS these days.
I can generally find links to much more factual and well written articles on other sites, from the members here.

I do wonder just how many of us are doing the same, and whether AS have noticed ?

zoroastar
zoroastar

RS200E wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 21:06
zoroastar wrote:
23 Apr 2019, 04:48
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPvlpnkVAc
i wonder if mclaren may be dabbling in this stuff with their applied sciences, and their connection with mr. priestley.
Ferrari tried this years ago circa 2004 IIRC to send a strong electric current over the body of the car. It would probably make more sense to be using it nowadays considering the hybrid tech and the precautions that come along with it.

McLaren could very well be into something like this, but it won't be anything conected to Priestley, he's just a guy who used to work for McLaren.

Any team could be into this.

I'm wondering if it would be, or already has been banned/blocked because of the rules on using exotic materials.
yea i was mainly thinking about the cooling part of it. seems like the use for bodywork hasnt panned out like they thought it might. but like you said, im sure that if it does offer an advantage in keeping batteries or icu's cooler then everyone on the grid is using it by now.

f1rules
f1rules

Same here, paid for 15-20 years but cancelled. The crap they are producing, no way ill support that

PhillipM wrote:
I've been an autosport sub for over 30 years, but I just got so sick of reading so much made up opinion pieces posturing as fact that I finally cancelled my subscription last week. They really have gone way downhill, I must have 4 years of magazines that are mostly unopened and still in the wrapper....and their F1 coverage is a big part of it.

csharper
csharper

Webber2011 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 04:04
PhillipM wrote:

I too have decided not to renew my subscription, (after about 12 years).

It really has become a bit of a joke at AS these days.
I can generally find links to much more factual and well written articles on other sites, from the members here.

I do wonder just how many of us are doing the same, and whether AS have noticed ?
Yep, I subscribed to them for about 10 years, dropped it about 5 years back, was toying with the idea of resubscribing but given this and plenty of other bad reviews, you guys are correct, much more accurate, factual info with little of Autosport's agenda driving eg $troll isn't really that bad, $irotkin magically faster than Kubica when a bigger bag of cash turned up, likening McLaren to Williams' death spiral just for starters.

Theres a big difference between a slump and a terminal decline.

_cerber1

If it's not a secret, how much is a subscription for a year?

Alonso Fan

I switched to racefans. They've made some key hirings over the past months. First dieter renken and now scarabs is writing some articles for them

Collantine was already one of the most level headed writers I've come across
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 10:37
I switched to racefans. They've made some key hirings over the past months. First dieter renken and now scarabs is writing some articles for them

Racefans is very decent, Dieter is one of the authentic F1 journalists and they do a lot of original stories, not just what's been circulating around already.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Webber2011
Webber2011

_cerber1 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 08:35
No secrets mate.
$80 Aus per year for me.

Just became too much to justify for me.

Artur Craft

This will be another difficult weekend for Mclaren as the car is very poor on low speed corners

_cerber1

Webber2011 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 11:45
_cerber1 wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 08:35
No secrets mate.
$80 Aus per year for me.

Just became too much to justify for me.
Thank

mclaren111

Artur Craft wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 13:59
This will be another difficult weekend for Mclaren as the car is very poor on low speed corners

According to earlier posts here, MCL34 is only Front limited with good Rear DF and good traction... :? :?

Artur Craft

check Juzh's videos and realise that Mclaren has poor speed on slow corners

diffuser

Artur Craft wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 13:59
The front end isn't their strength but I don't think that would be blantant under all slow corners.

The reason why a corner is slow is more important that it being slow.

Example the first 3 or so corners in China are all about how fast your front end grip will let you go. Your mostly off the throttle and off the brakes. The car spends alot of time turning.

Alot of the corners in Bahrain were slow but you spend more time under braking for the corner and accerating out of the corner than actualy turning in the corner. These seem to be McLaren strengths.

mclaren111

Artur Craft wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 15:07
check Juzh's videos and realise that Mclaren has poor speed on slow corners

Damn... :( :( Thx...

RS200E

Alonso Fan wrote:
24 Apr 2019, 10:37

You must be kidding. That site and the whole team of "journalists" are some of the worst out there.

I keep the site bookmarked for some quick and dirty news but that's about all it's good for.
The power of Red Bull Powertrains!