2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Thunder

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Nah, look at the Team Kit Spoiler posted on twitter. Better get used to it.
turbof1 wrote: YOU SHALL NOT......STALLLLL!!!
#aerogollum

mclaren111

Are they doing a shakedown / filming day with MCL34 ??

wogx

Front and rear wing will be blue, it's visible on that picture
Kukułka zwyczajna, kukułka pospolita – nazwy ludowe: gżegżółka, zazula (Cuculus canorus) – gatunek średniego ptaka wędrownego z podrodziny kukułek (Cuculinae) w rodzinie kukułkowatych (Cuculidae). Jedyny w Europie Środkowej pasożyt lęgowy. Zamieszkuje strefę umiarkowaną.

desl
desl

wogx wrote:
12 Feb 2019, 20:42

I guess that the livery will be almost identical like in 2018 (that's MP4-31, not MCL34)
I guess they will switch from papaya-orange to a lightly more yellowish (less reddish) orange like the BAT logo ... and that they will place a big "A Better Tomorrow" sticker onto the airbox

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995

https://careers.mclaren.com/job/Woking- ... 507116201/

Came across this interesting job vacancy at McLaren. Something to note is that they have a "new Competitor Intelligence team".
Responsible for data analysis and interrogation generated through custom toolsets from a diverse range of data types (examples: images, video, gps, web, car data and simulation).
Being responsible for a range of competitor intelligence analyses and reports.
Provide sound engineering insights and conclusions, through concise reporting and visualisations.
Opportunity identification through detailed engineering understanding and trend analysis.
Helping to improve capability through conceptualisation and development of new tools and methodologies.
Working closely with all other areas of the team, in various situations, including but not limited to, Race Engineering, Vehicle Performance, Aerodynamics, Design and Team Management.
Some flexibility is required for weekend work providing post-session analysis reports for engineering and management.

shotzski

Dipesh1995 wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 12:06
https://careers.mclaren.com/job/Woking- ... 507116201/

Came across this interesting job vacancy at McLaren. Something to note is that they have a "new Competitor Intelligence team".
Responsible for data analysis and interrogation generated through custom toolsets from a diverse range of data types (examples: images, video, gps, web, car data and simulation).
Being responsible for a range of competitor intelligence analyses and reports.
Provide sound engineering insights and conclusions, through concise reporting and visualisations.
Opportunity identification through detailed engineering understanding and trend analysis.
Helping to improve capability through conceptualisation and development of new tools and methodologies.
Working closely with all other areas of the team, in various situations, including but not limited to, Race Engineering, Vehicle Performance, Aerodynamics, Design and Team Management.
Some flexibility is required for weekend work providing post-session analysis reports for engineering and management.
A very lengthy job description for "Spy" lol

diffuser

Hope McLaren can get their packaging close to as tight as RBRngs. I am impressed with what they did, although that's a rendering, maybe the real deal will not be quiet so tight ????

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 15:36
Hope McLaren can get their packaging close to as tight as RBRngs. I am impressed with what they did, although that's a rendering, maybe the real deal will not be quiet so tight ????
I was thinking the same thing, very impressive indeed.... if it's really that way.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Morteza

diffuser wrote:
Actually the RB is just as tight in reality as it is in the renders. That said I'm really excited for McLaren's new car, how it compares to Renualt's works team in terms of design. Cannot wait for tomorrow :)
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

RonDennis
RonDennis

M840TR
M840TR

diffuser wrote:
It'll be kinda disappointing if that's not the case.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

I hope Mclaren have done a good job with the car and Renault also with the engine. I saw today Andrew Benson stating stories from the grapevine suggest Renault have gained 46bhp in qualy and 27bhp in race settings. That's about the deficit they had last year on both sides. So hopefully, the leading 2 won't make too big a jump that would render their efforts futile.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

M840TR wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 17:00
diffuser wrote:
I'll be surprised, even though they've taken 2 years. Lets hope for the best.

RBR basically put the Honda PU in the same space the Renault was in and you can't even tell they changed PUs.

Capharol
Capharol

diffuser wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 19:47
M840TR wrote:
13 Feb 2019, 17:00
diffuser wrote:
I'll be surprised, even though they've taken 2 years. Lets hope for the best.

RBR basically put the Honda PU in the same space the Renault was in and you can't even tell they changed PUs.
as far as i have seen on the pics the backbody of the RBR is even smaller as it was with the renault in it
coud be the livery that makes it look different

Lucky
Lucky