2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Base: Maranello, Italy
Team principal: Maurizio Arrivabene
Technical director(s): Mattia Binotto

Race drivers:
5 Image Sebastian Vettel
16 Image Charles LeClerc

Test drivers :

Chassis: SF-19H
Engine: Ferrari V6 Turbo (062 EVO)

2018 position: 2nd (571 pts)

ImageImage

This thread is to discuss the 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 TEAM
Last edited by Manoah2u on 26 Dec 2018, 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

MtthsMlw

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Chassis: SF-18H ? :P

Manoah2u

MtthsMlw wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 12:41
Chassis: SF-18H ? :P
with LeClerc, should be good enough :mrgreen:
corrected, thanks for the heads-up!
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

BwajSF

I Just hope the car is pure red... 2018 car while release was the best...Looking one by faaar.... and most inetresting part would be home more extreme the cooling solutions are gonna be on the new project... One thing for sure... its gonna look very very distinct from the other cars.. Also noticed last year Ferrari sidepod Cooling inlet was much smaller than all other teams... That also suggests that the packaging and cooling departments are doing a awesome job.. Cant wait for Feb15,2019

MtthsMlw

Happy New Year to everyone :D

High res image of the SF70h steering wheel. Quite rare that Ferrari releases something like this I think.
Source

marmer

MtthsMlw wrote:
01 Jan 2019, 13:29
Happy New Year to everyone :D
https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/ ... e=5CCF365C

High res image of the SF70h steering wheel. Quite rare that Ferrari releases something like this I think.
Source
pump button by the drink button is that to pump the drink along or unrealted ?

Just_a_fan

marmer wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 05:59

It's usually for an oil pump. Not sure why they need to manually select an oil pump, but most cars will have a similar button.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

henry

Just_a_fan wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 11:25
marmer wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 05:59

It's usually for an oil pump. Not sure why they need to manually select an oil pump, but most cars will have a similar button.
I think that they have a manual button to circumvent the interpretation of oil as moveable ballast.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

GoranF1

Few things interests me about Ferrari 2019.
1. How will they menage their development path now that all James Allison ideas are already being introduced( seems they already got lost by the end of 2018)
2. Will they realize soon enough into the season that it is Leckerk they should focus on instead of Vettel.
3.Ferrari since last domination era 2000-04, ussualy has periods of good/bad seasons.....2005 bad 2006 good 2007 good 2008 good 2009 bad 2010 good 2011 bad 2012 good 2013 good 2014 bad 2015 good 2016 bad 2017 good 2018 good...so numbers say it is very likely 2019 will be bad in terms of car form....
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

ME4ME

Source: Scuderia Ferrari Facebook page

LM10

GoranF1 wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 15:37
Few things interests me about Ferrari 2019.
1. How will they menage their development path now that all James Allison ideas are already being introduced( seems they already got lost by the end of 2018)
2. Will they realize soon enough into the season that it is Leckerk they should focus on instead of Vettel.
3.Ferrari since last domination era 2000-04, ussualy has periods of good/bad seasons.....2005 bad 2006 good 2007 good 2008 good 2009 bad 2010 good 2011 bad 2012 good 2013 good 2014 bad 2015 good 2016 bad 2017 good 2018 good...so numbers say it is very likely 2019 will be bad in terms of car form....
1. Which ideas of James Allison are you talking about?
2. Seems like you've already realized even before seeing Leclerc's first performances in the Ferrari. Respect!
3. This approach doesn't make any sense - not even a bit.

NathanOlder

I guess what he means is, since Ferrari's dominant years, they have been very up and down, no real pattern to their form from season to season. So 2019 would not be a surprise if they had a bad year, coming off the back of 2 good seasons.

Not saying thats what will happen, just that it wouldn't be a surprise if it did.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

munudeges

LM10 wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 17:20
The whole car. Obviously you're not familiar with internal Ferrari politics, so this is the general MO:
  1. Take ideas from another team or from an individual within the team.
  2. Politically destroy individual, apportion blame and pass off their ideas as their own.
  3. Ride on the wave of those ideas until one or both of the following happens:
    1. Ideas run out of development mileage within the current regulations. That happened this year.
    2. There is a change in the regulations and it's back to square one.
  4. Go to 1.
2. Seems like you've already realized even before seeing Leclerc's first performances in the Ferrari. Respect!
How Ferrari handle the obvious new guy coming in and Vettel's obvious attempts to politically outflank him will be interesting. Ferrari simply cannot manage drivers.
When was Ferrari's last championship again? I forget. They've supposedly had two good seasons.......and haven't won anything.

It remains to be seen how much longer Fiat will fund this political circus now that they have the name they really want in the sport, Alfa, and they can run that team much cheaper, with better facilities and less political and media nonsense.

LM10

munudeges wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 18:46
LM10 wrote:
The whole car. Obviously you're not familiar with internal Ferrari politics, so this is the general MO:
  2. Politically destroy individual, apportion blame and pass off their ideas as their own.
    1. Ideas run out of development mileage within the current regulations. That happened this year.
  4. Go to 1.
How Ferrari handle the obvious new guy coming in and Vettel's obvious attempts to politically outflank him will be interesting. Ferrari simply cannot manage drivers.
When was Ferrari's last championship again? I forget. They've supposedly had two good seasons.......and haven't won anything.

It remains to be seen how much longer Fiat will fund this political circus now that they have the name they really want in the sport, Alfa, and they can run that team much cheaper, with better facilities and less political and media nonsense.
I don’t understand how you come up with the statement that the whole car is James Allison’s idea. And I also don’t understand why you think that they run out of development mileage this season. Maybe you can go in further detail?

I agree that it’s gonna be interesting to see how Ferrari will handle the driver’s situation. Leclerc shows big potential. Though, it’s a bit exaggerated to say that he’s the one Ferrari totally needs to concentrate on (like GoranF1 did) even before having seen any performances at all.

As for the last part of your comment, the fact that Ferrari has not won anything in a long period of time doesn’t change my opinion on the approach with good and bad years being totally senseless.

GoranF1

LM10 wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 19:35
munudeges wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 18:46
LM10 wrote:
  4. Go to 1.

I don’t understand how you come up with the statement that the whole car is James Allison’s idea. And I also don’t understand why you think that they run out of development mileage this season. Maybe you can go in further detail?

I agree that it’s gonna be interesting to see how Ferrari will handle the driver’s situation. Leclerc shows big potential. Though, it’s a bit exaggerated to say that he’s the one Ferrari totally needs to concentrate on (like GoranF1 did) even before having seen any performances at all.

As for the last part of your comment, the fact that Ferrari has not won anything in a long period of time doesn’t change my opinion on the approach with good and bad years being totally senseless.
Beacuse Vettel is the biggest fraud in F1 history.... I said back in 2013 that guy will never ever win anything in F1 when he separetes from Adrian Newey.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."