2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
LM10
LM10

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

GoranF1 wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 00:22
LM10 wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 19:35
munudeges wrote:
02 Jan 2019, 18:46

The whole car. Obviously you're not familiar with internal Ferrari politics, so this is the general MO:
  1. Take ideas from another team or from an individual within the team.
  2. Politically destroy individual, apportion blame and pass off their ideas as their own.
  3. Ride on the wave of those ideas until one or both of the following happens:
    1. Ideas run out of development mileage within the current regulations. That happened this year.
    2. There is a change in the regulations and it's back to square one.
  4. Go to 1.

How Ferrari handle the obvious new guy coming in and Vettel's obvious attempts to politically outflank him will be interesting. Ferrari simply cannot manage drivers.

When was Ferrari's last championship again? I forget. They've supposedly had two good seasons.......and haven't won anything.

It remains to be seen how much longer Fiat will fund this political circus now that they have the name they really want in the sport, Alfa, and they can run that team much cheaper, with better facilities and less political and media nonsense.
I don’t understand how you come up with the statement that the whole car is James Allison’s idea. And I also don’t understand why you think that they run out of development mileage this season. Maybe you can go in further detail?

I agree that it’s gonna be interesting to see how Ferrari will handle the driver’s situation. Leclerc shows big potential. Though, it’s a bit exaggerated to say that he’s the one Ferrari totally needs to concentrate on (like GoranF1 did) even before having seen any performances at all.

As for the last part of your comment, the fact that Ferrari has not won anything in a long period of time doesn’t change my opinion on the approach with good and bad years being totally senseless.
Beacuse Vettel is the biggest fraud in F1 history.... I said back in 2013 that guy will never ever win anything in F1 when he separetes from Adrian Newey.
That’s the most narrow-minded comment I’ve seen on this forum until now, congratulations.

Despite I don’t care about this opinion of you on Vettel, I’m highly interested in your argumentation on why you think he’s the biggest fraud in F1 history. What’s more, Vettel in quite a few races this season lost not because of being a fraud or a bad driver, but simply because he obviously couldn’t handle the pressure.
Nevertheless, if any, he generally surely got more mature over the years at Ferrari. He gets along very well with the team overall, he’s a very good friend of Kimi, he also gets along quite well with Hamilton even though they’re two big rivals.

To finalize my words, it’s funny that you talk like that of Vettel and at the same time you’re a big Alonso-fan. Please tell me the significant differences between Vettel and Alonso in terms of being number 1 driver in the Ferrari team.

(Btw., no surprises at all that you absolutely hate Vettel as an Alonso-fan.)

GoranF1
GoranF1

LM10 wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 00:42
GoranF1 wrote:
LM10 wrote:

I don’t understand how you come up with the statement that the whole car is James Allison’s idea. And I also don’t understand why you think that they run out of development mileage this season. Maybe you can go in further detail?

I agree that it’s gonna be interesting to see how Ferrari will handle the driver’s situation. Leclerc shows big potential. Though, it’s a bit exaggerated to say that he’s the one Ferrari totally needs to concentrate on (like GoranF1 did) even before having seen any performances at all.

As for the last part of your comment, the fact that Ferrari has not won anything in a long period of time doesn’t change my opinion on the approach with good and bad years being totally senseless.
Beacuse Vettel is the biggest fraud in F1 history.... I said back in 2013 that guy will never ever win anything in F1 when he separetes from Adrian Newey.
That’s the most narrow-minded comment I’ve seen on this forum until now, congratulations.

Despite I don’t care about this opinion of you on Vettel, I’m highly interested in your argumentation on why you think he’s the biggest fraud in F1 history. What’s more, Vettel in quite a few races this season lost not because of being a fraud or a bad driver, but simply because he obviously couldn’t handle the pressure.
Nevertheless, if any, he generally surely got more mature over the years at Ferrari. He gets along very well with the team overall, he’s a very good friend of Kimi, he also gets along quite well with Hamilton even though they’re two big rivals.

To finalize my words, it’s funny that you talk like that of Vettel and at the same time you’re a big Alonso-fan. Please tell me the significant differences between Vettel and Alonso in terms of being number 1 driver in the Ferrari team.

I have no need to explain anything to you, he will loose to Leclerk this year, he will expose himself and he will be replaced by Alonso in 2020
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

Godius

I don't think this scenario is realistic at all. 2019 will be another learning year in F1 for Leclerc. My suspicion is that Ferrari did not intent to appoint Leclerc for 2019 but they failed to finalise a deal with Ricciardo. Ricciardo probably wanted a long term deal that Ferrari was not willing to give because of Leclerc his talent.

LM10
LM10

GoranF1 wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 12:21
LM10 wrote:
GoranF1 wrote:

I have no need to explain anything to you, he will loose to Leclerk this year, he will expose himself and he will be replaced by Alonso in 2020
Because you can’t. :)

Leclerc is a big talent. People like you do wrong by putting such pressure on him.
Maybe give him some time before claiming he’s gonna smash Vettel just because you hate latter?

ME4ME

26 Aug 2017
Maranello (Italy) – Scuderia Ferrari has extended its technical and racing agreement with driver Sebastian Vettel for the 2018, 2019 and 2020 racing seasons of the Formula One World Championship.
https://formula1.ferrari.com/en/extensi ... an-vettel/

Whatever happens, in 2019 and 2020 Ferrari will have one four time world champion in Vettel and one junior driver with amazing potential in Leclerc. Regardsless how they'll compare, from the 2019 season onwards Vettel will be a good reference for Leclerc, who will be Ferrari's future star if nothing goes horribly wrong.

There is no need to get another driver for the coming two years. Unless of course Vettel decides enough is enough for whatever reason. As for 2021 that is still far away but one could argue that either Verstappen or Ricciardo could be viable options at that time to partner Leclerc.

NathanOlder

I thought Goran's fraud comment was meant along the lines of Vettel being a 4 time champion and not deserving it fully. To be fair does he deserve to have twice as many titles as Fernando ?

But it doesn't matter as its all in the past now.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

LM10
LM10

NathanOlder wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 14:45
I thought Goran's fraud comment was meant along the lines of Vettel being a 4 time champion and not deserving it fully. To be fair does he deserve to have twice as many titles as Fernando ?

But it doesn't matter as its all in the past now.
Of course he deserved the titles. I think it’s not necessary talking about the strength of a team or car which helped a driver win titles. No good car, no title. It’s the combination. Vettel has been at the right place at the right time, just as Hamilton has.
Alonso could have helped Ferrari build a stronger car or brought more harmony into the team over the years. He didn’t and instead left for McLaren, just to moan about his weak car for years. Alonso needs a good car from get go.
Vettel, on the other hand, might not deserve twice as many titles if we purely consider driving skills, but he surely has other skills than Alonso which also matter and have positive influences on the success of a team. Such as giving engineers very important information when it comes to developing a car. He is a very interested driver into technology and also shows that by not instantly leaving the track after a session, but staying and working out or understanding problems with engineers.
Look at Hamilton. He also has skills besides driving which make his team a very strong unit.

munudeges
munudeges

LM10 wrote:
I don’t understand how you come up with the statement that the whole car is James Allison’s idea.
Everything until now has been an evolution of the 2015 car, which is all James's philosophy, which the charlatans at Maranello rode on the shoulders of when Allison was stupidly fired. This happens every single time politically there. If you're not Italian, and not at least Latin in some way, you are getting forced out no matter your reputation. They will take what they can, pass it off as their own and force you out. Adrian Newey was wise not to go there.

And I also don’t understand why you think that they run out of development mileage this season. Maybe you can go in further detail?
Did you watch this season? They went from bringing developments to races that seemed to work to bringing non-functional developments that they were utterly baffled by and didn't then seem to know what to do. To go back to a previous car and find out it is faster than your updated one is downright bizarre.

It is senseless, because there are nothing but bad years since 2007 and even that was done off the back of Jean Todt and Raikkonen keeping his head down.

munudeges
munudeges

Vettel deserves his titles. Part of being a winning driver is having the nose to detect when you're in a winning team with momentum and find a way of working with the car you have. At least one or two of Vettel's titles at Red Bull were not won easily. He came through.

As for whether he can beat Hamilton, that's another story.

LM10
LM10

munudeges wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 18:12
LM10 wrote:
I don’t understand how you come up with the statement that the whole car is James Allison’s idea.
Everything until now has been an evolution of the 2015 car, which is all James's philosophy, which the charlatans at Maranello rode on the shoulders of when Allison was stupidly fired. This happens every single time politically there. If you're not Italian, and not at least Latin in some way, you are getting forced out no matter your reputation. They will take what they can, pass it off as their own and force you out. Adrian Newey was wise not to go there.
How was the 2017 car with heavy regulation changes an evolution of the 2015 car?
Ferrari also came up with a revolutionary sidepod design 2017. No sign of James Allison in that one.

Did you watch this season? They went from bringing developments to races that seemed to work to bringing non-functional developments that they were utterly baffled by and didn't then seem to know what to do. To go back to a previous car and find out it is faster than your updated one is downright bizarre.
They brought several upgrades which didn’t work out, but they kept on putting them on the car and testing. This doesn’t mean they run out of development mileage.

GoranF1
GoranF1

LM10 wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 13:38
GoranF1 wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 12:21
LM10 wrote:

Because you can’t. :)

Leclerc is a big talent. People like you do wrong by putting such pressure on him.
Maybe give him some time before claiming he’s gonna smash Vettel just because you hate latter?
Why would he need time he's better already
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

F1NAC

Mods please... a lot of trash posts were being made here.. any actions?

Alonso bots, take a chill pill stop spreading cancer all over topics. He is gone.

Back on topic...

I was reading an article on Bild regarding AVL - RBR relationship that basically ended. Also they mentioned that Ferrari also abandoned them some time ago. Any informations about that? What are they using now?

munudeges
munudeges

LM10 wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 20:07
How was the 2017 car with heavy regulation changes an evolution of the 2015 car?
Because there weren't heavy regulation changes, certainly not aerodynamically.
Ferrari also came up with a revolutionary sidepod design 2017. No sign of James Allison in that one.
Development ideas are long, long in the making, especially when the design philosophy of a car is set.
They brought several upgrades which didn’t work out, but they kept on putting them on the car and testing. This doesn’t mean they run out of development mileage.
All of a sudden this season they kept putting updates on the car that continually didn't work, and they clearly didn't understand why otherwise they would have taken them off sooner. The car was actually slower with them on.

For a team that supposedly came up with this revolutionary sidepod design they sure came up against a pretty sharp and abrupt brick wall in understanding what *their* car was doing.

LM10
LM10

munudeges wrote:
06 Jan 2019, 03:27
LM10 wrote:
Because there weren't heavy regulation changes, certainly not aerodynamically.
Yes, except for significant changes to...

- front wing
- bargeboard
- floor
- diffuser
- rear wing
- tyre size

...to name the biggest ones. And of course they didn't have any effects on aerodynamics. :roll:

Raleigh
Raleigh

LM10 wrote:
munudeges wrote:
03 Jan 2019, 18:12
LM10 wrote:
For a start, Allison was not forced out, he chose to leave the team because of his wife's death and wanting to be with his children in England. Does not seem to have been any ill-will in either direction at the time or since, both parties expressed regret that Allison was leaving.

Secondly, James left in July of 2016, he would have had a big impact on the 2017 car because at that point the broad strokes of a car are all established and teams are moving onto detail work. Especially for a big regulation change the design work would have stretched back into 2015, you could say that the SF70H was started by Allison and finished by Binotto.

In turn, the SF71H was a continuation of this philosophy and the 2019 car will probably be the same, there is a limit to how far you can give credit but I think Allison's ideas are still with Ferrari.