[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nevill3

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

The comment refers to the fact that Mclaren have been on a well documented restructuring program that has seen many changes of staff. Nothing or anyone specific just my take on what has been reported.

Maybe someone could come up with a silly season involving key staff members that have moved recently, detailing where they had been and to whom they moved. This could give us an idea as to where the design techniques of previous seasons could resurface elsewhere
Sent from my Commodore PET in 1978

bauc

Sevach wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 11:00
Does anybody know why Mclaren removed the branding from the sidepods and front wing for the shak... filming day i mean, that's what it was :mrgreen:

But seriously why?
Probably they will edit the video and add the sponsor digitally depending where in the world they do advertise
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

BosF1
BosF1

Sevach wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 11:00
Does anybody know why Mclaren removed the branding from the sidepods and front wing for the shak... filming day i mean, that's what it was :mrgreen:

But seriously why?
Check out this video of the last run of the filming day. The 35 suddenly has branding of Velo on the sidepods (a sub brand of BAT).

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/12 ... 37504?s=20

Sevach
Sevach

Thanks guys makes sense now.

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

nevill3 wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 11:04
The comment refers to the fact that Mclaren have been on a well documented restructuring program that has seen many changes of staff. Nothing or anyone specific just my take on what has been reported.

Maybe someone could come up with a silly season involving key staff members that have moved recently, detailing where they had been and to whom they moved. This could give us an idea as to where the design techniques of previous seasons could resurface elsewhere
I remember reading an article middle to late last season, someone posted here, I think it was from a Spanish outlet. They talked about change of mood and culture at McLaren, attracting staff from other teams, specifically mentioning Mercedes and Red Bull. They however didn’t give names, how senior, or even departments of these staff, so impossible to verify. Even if it’s true, the lack of details also leaves us with no indications as to technical developments or involvement with the MCL35. For all we know, it could be ex staff from the Mercedes or Red Bull cafeteria.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Capharol
Capharol

charliesmithhd

launch photo from similar angle, doesnt seem to be different

Capharol
Capharol

charliesmithhd wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 15:38
launch photo from similar angle, doesnt seem to be different
https://static.goodwood.com/globalasset ... &width=800
I am only the messenger :wink: :lol:

ScottR267
ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 11:31
nevill3 wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 11:04

I remember reading an article middle to late last season, someone posted here, I think it was from a Spanish outlet. They talked about change of mood and culture at McLaren, attracting staff from other teams, specifically mentioning Mercedes and Red Bull. They however didn’t give names, how senior, or even departments of these staff, so impossible to verify. Even if it’s true, the lack of details also leaves us with no indications as to technical developments or involvement with the MCL35. For all we know, it could be ex staff from the Mercedes or Red Bull cafeteria.
Would be interesting to know what staff McLaren were able to poach from the other teams and at what positions/level they are at. In doing so could assist McLaren advance you the field quicker with other teams inside tips and tricks

Ground Effect
Ground Effect

Morning all you good, good people.... We go again 8)
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

bauc

Ground Effect wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 07:51
Thank you, good luck to all from me as well, lets have a good season people! [-o<
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

mclaren111

bauc wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 09:32
Ground Effect wrote:
19 Feb 2020, 07:51
Thank you, good luck to all from me as well, lets have a good season people! [-o<

Amen to that... Knock 'em Dead as they say... :D :D

the EDGE
the EDGE

If Fan Power counted in F1 McLaren would win every year!

Good Morning All & Good Luck Macca

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

the EDGE wrote:If Fan Power counted in F1 McLaren would win every year!

Good Morning All & Good Luck Macca
I hate been “across the pond”... Testing starts at 1am around here... Hope to catch some of the afternoon session

Let’s do this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fouad1979
fouad1979

Good morning guys hope we'll enjey this test and Mclaren near the front without major problems