[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle
Jolle
196
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

Looks like McLaren is hoping to free up a bit of equity by selling and leasing back their real estate:
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/what ... m/4876804/

User avatar
Darth-Piekus
21
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

proteus wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 am
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:50 pm
Alan Permane has forgotten that if Stroll hadn't taken Sainz out he would have passed both Renaults and both Racing Points and I am confident he would have finished in front of them.
He didnt take him out.
Doesn't really matter much. Touched him, tickled him, bumped him. In any case he was taken out from a well deserved 4th place at that first lap.

ScottR267
ScottR267
10
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-t ... -sponsors/

Even more sponsors?!?! There is already a lack of room on the car as it is! Does anyone know if any of their current sponsors run out after this season? I know usually they just state ‘long-term agreement’

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier
191
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

Darth-Piekus wrote:
proteus wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 am
Darth-Piekus wrote:
Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:50 pm
Alan Permane has forgotten that if Stroll hadn't taken Sainz out he would have passed both Renaults and both Racing Points and I am confident he would have finished in front of them.
He didnt take him out.
Doesn't really matter much. Touched him, tickled him, bumped him. In any case he was taken out from a well deserved 4th place at that first lap.
It was Carlos mistake in any case... Been a fan doesn’t mean blaming everyone else


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CjC
CjC
12
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

ScottR267 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:06 pm
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-t ... -sponsors/

Even more sponsors?!?! There is already a lack of room on the car as it is! Does anyone know if any of their current sponsors run out after this season? I know usually they just state ‘long-term agreement’
Zak will need to replace the sponsor(s) that Sainz will take with him to Ferrari
Just a fan's point of view

User avatar
Darth-Piekus
21
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

SmallSoldier wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 pm
Darth-Piekus wrote:
proteus wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:28 am


He didnt take him out.
Doesn't really matter much. Touched him, tickled him, bumped him. In any case he was taken out from a well deserved 4th place at that first lap.
It was Carlos mistake in any case... Been a fan doesn’t mean blaming everyone else


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allow me to disagree. He was punted and we all know how easily these cars can spin with a simple nudge and at these speeds and I'm not saying that as a fan. I am saying what I saw. That is my honest opinion.

ScottR267
ScottR267
10
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

CjC wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 pm
ScottR267 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:06 pm
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-t ... -sponsors/

Even more sponsors?!?! There is already a lack of room on the car as it is! Does anyone know if any of their current sponsors run out after this season? I know usually they just state ‘long-term agreement’
Zak will need to replace the sponsor(s) that Sainz will take with him to Ferrari
Sainz only brought Estella Gallicia with him, therefore only the one sponsor at present we’re losing

Balalu
Balalu
1
Joined: Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:58 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

What sponsors will Daniel bring, if any? I'm sure his presence and personality are appealing.

CjC
CjC
12
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

ScottR267 wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 9:25 am
CjC wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:35 pm
ScottR267 wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 8:06 pm
https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclaren-t ... -sponsors/

Even more sponsors?!?! There is already a lack of room on the car as it is! Does anyone know if any of their current sponsors run out after this season? I know usually they just state ‘long-term agreement’
Zak will need to replace the sponsor(s) that Sainz will take with him to Ferrari
Sainz only brought Estella Gallicia with him, therefore only the one sponsor at present we’re losing
Indeed. Estella Galicia is quite high on our list of partners on the website so it might leave a sizeable void in the budget that will need to be filled
Just a fan's point of view

User avatar
godlameroso
428
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 8:27 pm
Location: Miami FL

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

I thought it was a personal sponsor for Sainz.
The height of cultivation is really nothing special. It is merely simplicity; the ability to express the utmost with the minimum. Mr.Lee

CjC
CjC
12
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

It is.
Sorry, I should have phased it better. Estella Galicia is one on the sponsors on Mclarens partners page.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners/

Without wanting to start an argument but Sainz is basically a pay driver
Just a fan's point of view

M840TR
M840TR
382
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2018 8:04 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

CjC wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:49 pm
It is.
Sorry, I should have phased it better. Estella Galicia is one on the sponsors on Mclarens partners page.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners/

Without wanting to start an argument but Sainz is basically a pay driver
Cool.

User avatar
Darth-Piekus
21
Joined: Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:27 pm
Location: Greece

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

Any new upgrades coming?

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier
191
Joined: Sun Mar 10, 2019 2:54 am

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

Darth-Piekus wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
Fri Sep 18, 2020 9:18 pm
Darth-Piekus wrote: Doesn't really matter much. Touched him, tickled him, bumped him. In any case he was taken out from a well deserved 4th place at that first lap.
It was Carlos mistake in any case... Been a fan doesn’t mean blaming everyone else


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Allow me to disagree. He was punted and we all know how easily these cars can spin with a simple nudge and at these speeds and I'm not saying that as a fan. I am saying what I saw. That is my honest opinion.
He was “punted”??? Carlos “drove” into Strolls front left, as a matter of fact, Stroll is ahead on the corner and Carlos spins.

There is nothing that I enjoy more than talking with other fans here, but dude, you make it really hard.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ScottR267
ScottR267
10
Joined: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:27 pm

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Post

CjC wrote:
Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:49 pm
It is.
Sorry, I should have phased it better. Estella Galicia is one on the sponsors on Mclarens partners page.

https://www.mclaren.com/racing/partners/

Without wanting to start an argument but Sainz is basically a pay driver
Pay driver is a bit strong! Yes he comes with a sponsor and their money but doesn’t make him a pay driver. Would you say Lewis is a pay driver as he’s the reason Tommy Hilfiger are a sponsor of Mercedes....