[ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
NAPI10
NAPI10

Re: [ 2020 ] Racing Point F1 Team - Mercedes

Stoffel is the best option. Whosever replace Perez will be in for 2 races minimum.
Can Russel be promoted to that seat with a deal with 'Merc-Williams'? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<

Unf

Question is - how Perez got it? Drivers should take care on themselves much more than anybody else in team...

Xero

Such awful luck for Checo! Was really hoping none of the drivers would be affected by it, but just points out that Covid-19 is on the rise throughout the world and we all need to be more vigilant. Even worse for Checo is he'll have to self-isolate for 10 days in the UK, which rules him out of next weekends race too.

Great opportunity for Gutierrez (or however it may end up being). Also good for McLaren to possibly pick RP off before their advantages start to diminish through development, as I can't imagine anyone will be able to extract the same performance out of the car like Perez can.

Xero

NAPI10 wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 22:15
Stoffel is the best option. Whosever replace Perez will be in for 2 races minimum.
Can Russel be promoted to that seat with a deal with 'Merc-Williams'? [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o< [-o<
Russel has a contract with Williams, and they would never let him go even if Mercedes tried. Stoffel would be the best option, but he's focused on FE, so it seems Gutierrez could be the one to get it.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Unf wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 22:17
Question is - how Perez got it? Drivers should take care on themselves much more than anybody else in team...
Perez was complaining dizziness during Quali session last time; hope it was not related to Covid.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Xero wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 22:21
NAPI10 wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 22:15
Russel has a contract with Williams, and they would never let him go even if Mercedes tried. Stoffel would be the best option, but he's focused on FE, so it seems Gutierrez could be the one to get it.
I would prefer Maldonado over Gutierrez :( :( :( Instead of giving that seat to Gutierrez; RP should save millage on engine.Such a waste.

Macklaren
Macklaren

is there any way to confirm if GUT has a super license? lots of people saying no. which other spare drivers are in the bubble? Surely not Fernando? :o Kubica?

ScrewCaptain27

Motorsport.com is now reporting that Hulkenberg has done a seat fitting and will race in Silverstone.
"Stupid people do stupid things. Smart people outsmart each other, then themselves."
- Serj Tankian

Nathanael F1
Nathanael F1

That's awesome if that's true! But I wonder if Hulk will be rusty after not being in the car for many moths.
Favorite Team: Scuderia Ferrari
Favorite Driver: Nico Hülkenberg

bosyber
bosyber

Vandoorne is slated to run in the Berlin E-prix week, which starts next week, ends on in the 2nd week of August, six races to finish off the 2019-2020 season, so I guess that's not easy to miss for him (don't know about contract though). Hulk, yeah, can see him doing a solid job, a lot better than I'd expect from Gutierrez.

NAPI10
NAPI10

Nathanael F1 wrote:
30 Jul 2020, 22:54
That's awesome if that's true! But I wonder if Hulk will be rusty after not being in the car for many moths.
I hope it's true. Amazing opportunity for Hulk.
Though, it will be a herculean task to extract 100% from that car in such a short time.

qatmix

It would be great to see Hulk in that car, even better if he grabs a podium.

El Scorchio

Well it’ll give some insight into the long running saga of whether anyone could just hop into that car and smash everyone else with ease.

godlameroso

Russell is the best option but not the most realistic one. In an ideal scenario Gutierrez would go to Williams and Russell would go to Racing Point. I think he'd be very impressive in the W11 lite.
Saishū kōnā

SmallSoldier
SmallSoldier

godlameroso wrote:Russell is the best option but not the most realistic one. In an ideal scenario Gutierrez would go to Williams and Russell would go to Racing Point. I think he'd be very impressive in the W11 lite.
Why would Williams allow such a move? Have their best driver go to a different team in-season? Yes, Russell is part of the Mercedes group, but his contract is with Williams... That’s not even a possibility.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk